Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 7, 8, And 9 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-03-03, 01:41 PM   #1
Uttar

Send a message via AIM to Uttar Send a message via Yahoo to Uttar
Default nVidia-related products take a fricking 51% of my new PC Budget... Wow...

Hey,

Just something that really surprised me...
I've finally decided what I'll buy for my next PC ( 2600+, nForce 2, Gainward GFFX Ultra, ... ) and... wow.
nVidia takes 51% of my budget for that new PC!
The total is of 1643. The nForce 2 costs 192 and the GFFX costs 649 ( could be slightly different, that's just the current expected price )

Anyway, 1643/(192+649)*100 = 51%! Damn, and then people are saying Jen Hsun Huang's opinion on moving toward that doesn't make sense

And if anyone asks me to justify my buy of the GFFX: It's because of the for-developer toys in it.

Anyway, was just wondering how much nVidia stuff you think is going into your next PC?

Uttar
Uttar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-03, 02:01 PM   #2
-=DVS=-
.:. Lafiel .:.

Thumbs up

To my new pc 150$ max for Nforce 2 when Barton comes out
Old 02-03-03, 03:23 PM   #3
digitalwanderer

Default Next PC....

....hmmm, I don't think me chipset is out yet for my next PC. I'm a cheap arsed-bastard who puts off upgrading as long as humanly possible.

I'm gonna pick up either a 9500/9700 Pro in a month or two for Bubbles and I think that'll hold me over until DoomIII comes out.
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-03, 03:56 PM   #4
Darth Rancid
DeltaChromeF1

There is no nVidia hardware at all in any of my last 3 PCs... for a short while a Creative Labs Gf3Ti200 was to replave the Voodoo5 in my current box, but my mainboard is flawed and does not work with any AGP card that takes power over the AGP port, so I'm stuck with the Voodoo5.
I could get a R300 now, but it seems pointless with my old P3 933...
Since I hate fans there will be no nVida things in my planned new system in November unless they do something sensible to that cooler of theirs...

I really hope that S3G gets it right with Deltachrome, and doesn't put a fan on it... thats one of the things I liked with S3 all along... no fans.

My V5 is passively cooled.
Old 02-03-03, 04:44 PM   #5
jnd3
Sword Saint

Send a message via AIM to jnd3 Send a message via Yahoo to jnd3

In my upcoming (budget) upgrade, Nvidia products will account for 49% of the total cost (Asus A7N8X Deluxe + Asus V9280TD Ti4200/128MB/8x). That is, of course, assuming prices don't come down between now and Friday. I figure it should about triple my overall performance, all for around $600. As long as I can play Splinter Cell at a reasonable resolution/frame rate, I'll be quite happy!

Cheers,
JND
jnd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-03, 04:51 PM   #6
OICAspork

Send a message via AIM to OICAspork
Default Re: nVidia-related products take a fricking 51% of my new PC Budget... Wow...

Quote:
Originally posted by Uttar
Hey,

And if anyone asks me to justify my buy of the GFFX: It's because of the for-developer toys in it.

Anyway, was just wondering how much nVidia stuff you think is going into your next PC?

Uttar
Is that the Ultra or standard model? ^^ I can understand the standard model for-developer toys and just to toy with developing, but I don't think I could put up with the noise of the Ultra, unless that PR statement from Gainsward pans out.
OICAspork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-03, 05:30 PM   #7
SavagePaladin
info*****

I'm hoping for my next PC to be nForce powered with a Clawhammer and whatever gfx card they have out that I can afford (!)

Outside of that, I can't say all that much.
SavagePaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-03, 05:44 PM   #8
Kev1

Smile I have GF3 and NForce2 now.....

So big part of my computer is Nvidia. I have owned Nvidia video cards since the TNT (TNT, GF2 GTS, GF3 Ti200) and while the GFFX release is a bit screwed up, I will most likely get a newer Nvidia video card sometime this year

Sometimes I consider going ATI, but I think Nvidia will have some better cards out later this year that have DX9 support, are fast, quiet, and are less expensive (Good price/performance ratio).

Until then I'm very happy with my GF3
Kev1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-03-03, 05:51 PM   #9
SavagePaladin
info*****

On the plus side, at least people seem happy with ATI now. Maybe I can consider em later.
SavagePaladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-03, 06:20 PM   #10
Jovi

I hope to upgrade within the next two months. I plan on an nForce2 board, Barton, and probably an Ati r350. Never had an Ati card before but I think I may skip on the FX.
Jovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-03, 12:00 AM   #11
MrNasty
MrNasty

EDIT by volt: I suggest you calm down son and stop acting like you ate all the brains. Check your Private Message Box.
Old 02-04-03, 12:08 AM   #12
Euphoria
--- ephor ---

Well I'll wait for the NV40 or the R400, couze I dont like the current GFX performance, it seems too buggy for $400.00. .... Damn, I wouldn't pay even $300.00 for it.
Euphoria is offline   Reply With Quote