Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-05-07, 03:54 AM   #49
Cripplefight

Default Re: Hellgate: London Feedback

Agreed, Diablo is the best. I still play it to this day at 800x600 on a 50" monitor, . . . . and still love it.

I can't believe the comments about Hellgate though. The game itself is fantastic. The MP with a couple of friends is so enjoyable I could faint, (especially the museum level).

HOWEVER . . I've had to turn the graphics options down to play it. Not because it's slow (I can play it in dx10 with everything maxed and the actuall graphics run fine), . . . but it crashes every 10-15 minutes. Not the memory leak crash, this gives me an error message, these are crashes usually in the non-instanced ares (stations).

The Hellgate official forums AND the Hellgate GURU forum are packed with hundreds of people begging them to do something about this, only to get an officail announcement from Bill Roper the apart from the server going down on the first day, the game is running really well.

I can get around it with the graphic options turned down, but it looks really poor in comparision, so why should I?

They have annonced today a patch, that adds things like "More chests in the cave area" . . . Who cares? Get the game fixed! They obviously don't read their forums, or just don't care.
Cripplefight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-07, 05:58 AM   #50
Vasot02
Crazy Greek guy

I do not know about some guys that find this thing awesome (they are a minority)

But after playing for some hours the game is a F*cking MESS with serious bugs

Also every stage seems like the same with the same textures and with almost the same things plus graphics look outdated even in High quality

AI is BAD and NPC voices are pathetic

The game is repeative and bland and feels like a rushed product

I am not so thrilled with Hellgate to tell the truth
Score 7/10 for me

Diablo 2 was and still is the best Hack and slash...Period
Old 11-05-07, 09:35 AM   #51
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Game is not worth reviewing to be honest. So I'll be short. To compare it to Diablo 2 is a laugh.

Graphics = Great

Controls = Meh ok

Sound = Crappy. It doesn't even have voice acting in the entire game. Not even for main quests, its still all text. The closest thing you get to voice acting is every now and then a bumbling retard will say "oh who took my shoes? It must have been the legless boy!" , while in text he is talking about something serious like his mother passing away and how he wants to you to see revenge. Pretty stupid imo.

Addictiveness = nonexistent

Network play = I'm not even bothering choosing between a crippled crappy version for free or a decent version for $15 a month

Environments = Very lacking and boring. The graphics themselves are great, but they could have added a bit better art direction with the environments.

Gameplay = Not really all that fun. Its not absolutely terrible, but this First/Third person gaming just does not work in my opinion.

Classes = None of the classes make you feel like you are something. Its a boring selection of classes with no real strong feeling of any. Whether you are a tank, melee, caster, summoner, etc in another game, in this game when choosing these classes you won't really feel like you are doing your job, but merely everyones job at the same time.

Skills = boring. Have yet to find a skill that amuses me.

Overall = The game is worth a renter, but considering PC games are unable to be rented, I'd say just forget about it. Maybe they will send it to the brain dead console gamers. It will get 10.0 ratings at every single console website and console gamers will love it until the end of time.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-07, 10:09 AM   #52
poullos
Unregistered User

So where does this game fall between Diablo 2 and Titan Quest? I know TQ ia not worth online but, gameplay wise?
poullos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-07, 10:41 AM   #53
tornadog
Keeper of the Faith

For a decent RPG I would recommend Witcher over this pile of crap....I am so pissed; this is the first RPG I preordered w/o waiting for reviews and I have been burned...
Old 11-05-07, 11:08 AM   #54
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by poullos
So where does this game fall between Diablo 2 and Titan Quest? I know TQ ia not worth online but, gameplay wise?
falls behind Loki
Old 11-05-07, 03:59 PM   #55
DRen72
Eastern Pipistrelle

Anyone else seeing graphic corruption with the DX10 smoke and heat effects. Some barrels and the portals emit squares of color rather than true transparent effects. I think this started happening after the "Patch 0" update because I did not notice it beforehand.
Storage: Corsair Force Series GT 265GB SSD / Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB / Two Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB drives
Optical Storage: Pioneer BDR-206DBKS
Sound: Sound Blaster X-Fi / Logitech Z-5500
Other: Antec P183 Case / Corsair AX-1200 Power Supply / Logitech G5 (v2.0) / Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
Console: XBox 360 Elite
DRen72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-07, 06:44 PM   #56
MastCrasher

Why such the hate with Hellgate?
MastCrasher is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-05-07, 07:25 PM   #57
Vasot02
Crazy Greek guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MastCrasher
Why such the hate with Hellgate?
Its not hate

Its disappointment
Old 11-06-07, 08:18 AM   #58
Phillychuck

I'm pissed that the halloween stuff they allowed us to have because their subscriptions service was down is now all "Subscriber Only" items.. My Zombot is not usable unless I pay $9.99 a month. The new patch did nothing to fix the memory leak. I really want my $50 back on this one, not that fun.
Old 11-06-07, 08:24 AM   #59
DRen72
Eastern Pipistrelle

It gets better as you progress, but not much. However, being an RPG fan, I'm playing through it but it feels dated rather than "new".
Storage: Corsair Force Series GT 265GB SSD / Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB / Two Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB drives
Optical Storage: Pioneer BDR-206DBKS
Sound: Sound Blaster X-Fi / Logitech Z-5500
Other: Antec P183 Case / Corsair AX-1200 Power Supply / Logitech G5 (v2.0) / Microsoft Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000
Console: XBox 360 Elite
DRen72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-07, 08:57 AM   #60
Namrok
Level 42 Conquerer

Send a message via ICQ to Namrok Send a message via AIM to Namrok

Well, I'm loving this game. But I just like action RPGs, and have been hurting for one that is even slightly new. I was still playing Titan Quest up until a few weeks ago! They've patched the game up nicely over the past few days. I do have a few complaints though.

Quests are boring. The only ones that really amused me are the ones with Engineer 314 and his completely psychotic boss. Those were great.

The autodetected settings were just too high for my PC. I'm running on a laptop with a Geforce Go 7900 GS, and it has textures maxed out. The card only has 256 MB of vram on it, so yeah, that needed turning down both to reduce load times and shrink the swap file.

Aside from that the game is great. The gameplay is a fresh, the mod and crafting systems are nifty, and the massive variety of weapons the engineers can use is great. I'm trying to get enough accuracy to dual wield rocket pistols. Man, you never know WHAT a weapon is going to be like until you use it. I was avoiding this one rocket launcher for a while because I figured it was just a stronger version of the slow, one shot rocket launcher I was using before. No, turns out it actually fires massive volleys of rockets. And the rocket pistol is even cooler. It's like those batteries of mini rockets you set off on the 4th of July, except it never stops
Namrok is offline   Reply With Quote