Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-04-07, 11:22 PM   #25
agentkay

Default Re: What DON'T you like about Crisis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORD-eX-Bu
only thing I don't like is that everything dies when it touches the water.

I think that having to put a couple rounds into some dudes chest when he is wearing body armor is pretty realistic. I aim mostly towards the center of the upper chest and the muzzle flip usually makes me hit them in the head by the third round thus dropping them instantly.

I think the damage model is fine.

The game is already easy, even on Delta
, you guys want these guys to commit suicide in front of you instead of you having to shoot them?
Exactly, and stealth works fine as well. Cloak doesn't stay forever but the slower you move, the longer it stays. It's just a tactical aspect of stealth assaults to manage your suits energy (by going prone behind obsticles or inside bushes) and kill them one by one. The AI won't find you as long as they don't see you cloak, your outside their FOV and outside their "hearing distance" (about 5 yards around them).

I finished the demo once all on stealth (and delta) without even killing a single soldier and you can even sneak through the narrow NK checkpoint with the MGs near the mountain. You just need to be aware of your surroundings, plan ahead and know that your suit consumes energy at different speeds. There is also a "warning indicator" incl. an enemy sight indicator, which depending how well you are hidden (uncloaked) won't even start to increase. The indicators make the stealth aspect a lot easier.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-07, 11:28 PM   #26
evox
:3

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS|
Everything... The demo was pretty lame... yeah it looked pretty (not as pretty as they made us believe though) and the gameplay felt generic and unoriginal.
nVnews's very own console troll makes a return! go away! nVnews was much better when you weren't around. troll
evox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-07, 11:30 PM   #27
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
QFT

I hate the fact it's impossible to play stealth even though you can cloak. I mean you cloak, it wears down way to quickly and if you shoot it's off and everyone charges you and as jAk said it takes a lot to drop an enemy, so you shot a guy point blank in the head, it says "WTF?" and starts blasting.
Cloak works ok.
like what agentkay just said .. cloak wears down quickly when running , less when you just walk , even lesser when you crouch & much less when you stand still.
i did hit a solider with a silenced pistol while in cloak & the other ran to check his mate (he did not charge me) which is in order unless maybe you cloak & fire your weapons un-slienced.

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-07, 11:32 PM   #28
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

I just run from one cover spot to another in cloak to let it recharge. You have to plan it out.
Old 11-04-07, 11:36 PM   #29
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by evox
nVnews's very own console troll makes a return! go away! nVnews was much better when you weren't around. troll
Yeah thats was not a wise comment for someone who's just making a comeback but anyways thats just his opinion. the best answer to him would be this whole sub-forum that is dedicated to Crysis.
if Crysis wasnt a superb game by most aspects it wouldnt create its own sub-forum just like HL2 & Doom3

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-07, 01:13 AM   #30
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Cloak is too powerful, honestly even on delta is pretty much the easiest way to kill everbody, Just move from cover to cover recharging, one shot kills in cloak mode behind cover. Sure it goes down fast when you run or walk, but its not meant to be used like that.
nutcrackr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-07, 01:18 AM   #31
Lonestar

The rifle sound is not the same for semi and automatic. The sound for automatic fire is a different sound loop that gets cut off abruptly if you try to shot short burst or just try to make singel shots on automatic fire.

Try it with any rifle without the silencer. It's bad!

Hooked on PC gaming since VIC 20.
Lonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-07, 01:59 AM   #32
Loreman
Shred Master

Yeh I must admit, I dunno what some of you guys are doing but I found the stealth aspect WAY to easy to employ, especially with how long the cloacking can last for.

Most outposts you can easy sneak in and pop a guy with one shot from your silenced pistol then sneak off into the woods again if you time it right. It's really easy to complete the whole level this way, just run around a corner and clock up etc.

I didn't mind the amount of bullets to take down a dude, didn't seem overkill, don't forget at range not every bullet is hitting. Up close they seem to take 3 or so unless its in the head.

I would prefer that maybe if you say shot someone in the leg they would be limping and so on, like in one of the real Rainbow Six Games (Raven Shield).

But yeh, overall,(IMO) stealth to easy, even on hardest difficulty. It's more fun to go in guns blazing and see if you can survive.
2 x Leadtek 8800GTX SLI
Loreman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-05-07, 02:02 AM   #33
Loreman
Shred Master

Actually, I played this wishing that there wasn't any cloaking feature.

At least make it last for only say 2 or 3 seconds or less on Delta.
2 x Leadtek 8800GTX SLI
Loreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-07, 02:15 AM   #34
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH64
Yeah thats was not a wise comment for someone who's just making a comeback but anyways thats just his opinion. the best answer to him would be this whole sub-forum that is dedicated to Crysis.
if Crysis wasnt a superb game by most aspects it wouldnt create its own sub-forum just like HL2 & Doom3
It was plainly obvious he wasn't going to like the game anyway but he is entitled to his opinion like everyone else I suppose.

I remember Far Cry getting harder on the later levels so its probably easy on Delta being the first level.
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-07, 03:34 AM   #35
nopp0x00

Crysis. Get it right at least.
nopp0x00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-07, 12:03 PM   #36
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Quote:
You mean rolling the mouse wheel back to pull up your binoculars? I don't see why it wouldn't let you do that. Or just use another mouse button (Which is what I do). If you had mouse wheel back bound to pull up the binocs, you wouldn't be able to zoom out when you're looking through them.
No, I was referring to the direction of mouse wheel for the Binoculars zoom. Default is mousewheel up for zoom in. I wanted that reversed. There is a zoom setting option in the game that can be reversed but for some reason it doesn't reverse the zoom on the Binoculars.
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote