Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-05-07, 12:45 PM   #37
Destroy

Default Re: What DON'T you like about Crisis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr
Cloak is too powerful, honestly even on delta is pretty much the easiest way to kill everbody, Just move from cover to cover recharging, one shot kills in cloak mode behind cover. Sure it goes down fast when you run or walk, but its not meant to be used like that.
Agreed totally. Thing is no one is forcing you to use cloak mode.

Perhaps what the demo needs is a 'zero killing' objective during the mission

or

There needs to be like 50 reinforcements/heli/something bad that arrives if the enemies sends out a flare.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-07, 01:00 PM   #38
J-Mag
Weapon of MassConsumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar
* Not ALL the trees are destroyable. Only the palm trees and tiny little skinny trees can be destroyed. The other trees can't. LAME!
I am certain this was done for performance reasons. When you are starting to push a significant number of physics effects, things just start grinding to a halt. For kicks, I made a tornado that had a 3200 radius, so it would pick everything up on the map I was testing (shore) and my frame rate dropped to about 1.4fps.

I guarantee we will see mods that change the deciduous type trees to have physics effects.
J-Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-07, 01:02 PM   #39
MowTin

Some say cloak lasts too long some say it's too short. I guess they got it just right
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-07, 01:10 PM   #40
agentkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mag
I guarantee we will see mods that change the deciduous type trees to have physics effects.
Exactly and there will be gore mods too. If barrels can "bleed" oil, I'm sure it will be possible to change the color to red and assign that effect to the enemy soldier model.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-07, 01:19 PM   #41
SeriTonin
*BANNED*

My main problem with Crysis was the guy who went on to make a thread about the game and called it Crisis.
SeriTonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-07, 02:20 PM   #42
JasonPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
QFT

I hate the fact it's impossible to play stealth even though you can cloak. I mean you cloak, it wears down way to quickly and if you shoot it's off and everyone charges you and as jAk said it takes a lot to drop an enemy, so you shot a guy point blank in the head, it says "WTF?" and starts blasting.

What we need is a quick silent close kill, reward players who seperate the enemies and pick them off one by one.

It would also be nice if you take a hostage/bodyshield they don't just shoot anyway, kinda like in Splinter Cell.
You can very easily sneak around and be stealthy without having to make cloak mode last longer. It's already pretty much overpowered as it is. Use cloak mode + cover (like rocks, trees, bushes, etc) to sneak in undetected.
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-07, 02:24 PM   #43
Knot3D

I got motion sickness from driving the humvee

Damn, first Fur Fighters on DC, then HL2 or anything Source and now the vehicle driving in Crysis which gets me motion sick
Old 11-05-07, 08:58 PM   #44
wrathofgod

1.) No squads in MP.
2.) No way to direct teammates to attack any one place in MP.
3.) No way to spot enemies or enemy vehicles to teammates.

Those are my main issues with the MP. SP is damn near perfect IMO. Perhaps a cover system would be nice or a better/farther lean.
wrathofgod is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-05-07, 11:12 PM   #45
Slides

In delta mode, I've hit the enemy soldiers up to 10 times from far away without them going down. Either the damage model or weapons model is broken. Could be that my aim is horrendous, but I have no such problem in any other game.
Old 11-05-07, 11:22 PM   #46
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

are you using the silencer when you fire at them?

if not its your aim...

at the part where you have to disable the GPS station I leaned out behind some cover from about 50 yards away from the humvee that pulls up with the guy firing the machine gun at you and I took him out with like two three round burts while he was shooting at me. That was without the silencer attached on Delta.

I just think you guys suck at this game
Old 11-05-07, 11:31 PM   #47
Crow_Nest
Ace Spammer

Send a message via MSN to Crow_Nest

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin
Some say cloak lasts too long some say it's too short. I guess they got it just right
I think its just right, although sometimes i find it too short. If you dont move around much it'll last for like an eternity. I always crouch and move with cloak enabled, so it'll last as i crouch walk for a minute or less.
| Hitachi 1TB SATA3 HDD | Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 | Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700W |
| Cooler Master Centurion 5 II Casing | Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 |

Laptop : Lenovo IdeaPad Y450
| Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | Intel Core 2 Duo T6600 2.2 GHz | NVIDIA GeForce G110M 256MB |
| 4GB DDR3 SDRAM | Western Digital 320GB | 14.1' LED Backlit Screen |

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=73666&dateline=135279  2183
Crow_Nest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-07, 01:10 PM   #48
wysiwyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike89
What DON'T you like about Crisis?
never heard of it

as for Crysis..

really enjoyed MP beta and the demo

I dont enjoy the performance in vista. its terrible but i hope it is improved with new drivers and the official retail version

also the demo felt like a revamped far cry but will reserve my judjment for the proper game
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote