Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > Other Desktop Graphics Cards

Newegg Daily Deals

View Poll Results: Will you get a 9700 Or will you wait to compare it with the nv30 and get the better?
Get 9700 41 35.65%
Compare w/nv30 and get better one 74 64.35%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-03, 04:48 AM   #85
StealthHawk

Default Re: 6 months later

Quote:
Originally posted by SlyBoots
anyone still feel this way? or is the mantra now going to be "wait for NV35"?

seeing as how NV30 isn't actually on shelves yet i'd say people are still waiting for NV30

seriously though, R350 is so close now, you might as well wait for it and buy it, or wait for it to make r9700 prices drop and buy one.

this is definitely a good year to upgrade if you haven't already. NV30, R350, NV31, RV350, NV34, NV35, R400, NV36, and if we're lucky NV40. lots of choices at all price points
Old 02-19-03, 08:11 AM   #86
jbirney

Screw waiting. There is always something bigger, better, faster, cheaper due out soon. Sooner or later you gotta buy. Unless you know that a releases is very close (I mean like with in a weak or so) then dont wait.
jbirney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-03, 08:25 AM   #87
digitalwanderer

Quote:
Originally posted by jbirney
Screw waiting. There is always something bigger, better, faster, cheaper due out soon. Sooner or later you gotta buy. Unless you know that a releases is very close (I mean like with in a weak or so) then dont wait.
Yes/no. There always is gonna be something better, but the prices seem cyclic in pattern and I think we're right on the cusp of a new cycle and right now is just not the time to buy. (I put it at about 2 weeks now.)
[SIZE=1][I]"It was very important to us that NVIDIA did not know exactly where to aim. As a result they seem to have over-engineered in some aspects creating a power-hungry monster which is going to be very expensive for them to manufacture. We have a beautifully balanced piece of hardware that beats them on pure performance, cost, scalability, future mobile relevance, etc. That's all because they didn't know what to aim at."
-R.Huddy[/I] [/SIZE]
digitalwanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-03, 04:11 PM   #88
SlyBoots

Talking I was bored last night

and in paging through the old threads Seans post just appeared as a big target....I couldn't hep mysef

sorry, won't happen again........maybe
SlyBoots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-03, 04:40 PM   #89
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by jbirney
that's true to a point....but new things usually come out in some kind of predictable cycle. ie, there has usually been a Spring refresh and in Fall a new product for video cards.

we usually know months ahead of time when new CPU cores will be released, etc, etc.

unless you always upgrade every year or even more frequently, it can pay off to wait a few weeks or months for something better, if you're going to be stuck with it for a long period of time.