Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-28-07, 03:26 PM   #1
hvengel

Default nvidia-settingas and video card gamma table

Is there anyway to prevent nvidia-settings from messing with the video card gamma table?

Let me explain.

I am using an EyeOne Display 2 color meter and LProf CVS to calibrate and profile my monitors. At startup I use xcalib to load the video card gamma tables with the calibration corrections that were calculated by LProf from the measurements taken with the EyeOne Display 2. But if I open nvidia-settings it clobbers those corrections and forces me to reload the gamma tables either by going to a terminal and rerunning xcalib for each display or by restarting X. Seems like there should be a way to disable this behavior since on it's face it should not be doing this by default.
hvengel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-07, 05:11 PM   #2
Ryder08

Default Re: nvidia-settingas and video card gamma table

Hi,
I'm 'upping' this thread because I'm having a similar 'problem' when opening nvidia-settings (which is easily avoidable and not really a problem).

But I have some flicker of my screen where the color correction set by xcalib is lost then come back normally without my intervention (something like 0.5s to 2.0s of color lost).
I'm using latest nvidia driver on gentoo (~amd64) & xcalib 0.8 (bug report attached).

Does anyone know the cause and/or a workaround to this flickering problem (other than removing the monitor calibration) ?
Attached Files
File Type: bz2 nvidia-bug-report.log.bz2 (32.4 KB, 97 views)
Ryder08 is offline   Reply With Quote