Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-14-07, 08:59 AM   #325
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: Gears of War Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by _fLaK_mOnKeY_
yes, you don't like Live, we get it. just try not to rub it in our faces so much, please?
can't make any promises
Old 11-14-07, 09:10 AM   #326
hirantha
SUC SUDO

"kill kill kill i need points!!" yes it sounds distracting taking the fun away from the game for points... i think it should fail too..

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-07, 11:44 AM   #327
saguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
who cares about some worthless achievents? its just a distraction from actual game play. instead of playing people focus to get the points.
I am a older gamer and I find the whole achievement thing aimed directly at children. I do not see the point of it.
saguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-07, 11:57 AM   #328
K-1

I used to think you were supposed to be able to buy stuff off the Xbox Live Marketplace with achievement points, so I thought they were a really cool idea... you can imagine my disappointment when I found that wasn't the case lol.
K-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-07, 11:59 AM   #329
KickAssCop

Can someone name the new chapters in this game? I don't know about them and I am on Act 5. I want to know when the **** I fight Brumak...
Intel Q6600 @ 3.2 GHz (400X8 FSB) | Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L Rev 2.0 | Sapphire ATi 5850 @ 825/1175 | 250 GB WD SATA2 16 MB | 80 GB Seagate SATA 8 MB | 4 GB G.Skill DDR2 800 @ 1000 5-5-5-15 | Liteon 16X DVD RW | Samsung 22" 1680*1050 | Logitech G5 | FSP 600W PSU
KickAssCop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-07, 05:24 PM   #330
hirantha
SUC SUDO

system encounted an uncorrectobale hardware error BSOD when i play this, anyone seen this?

Look me up in AION and GW2
Game Tag: Famorak
hirantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 10:54 AM   #331
LordJuanlo
Widescreen rules

sarcasm

Wow, just got my first Games For Windows Live Achievement, escaped the prison in GoW, 10 points, I'm so excited!!!

/end sarcasm
ATI 5870 (Graphics) + GeForce 9600GT (PhysX) on Samsung SM244T 1920x1200
LG GGW-H20L BluRay & HD-DVD / Logitech Z-5500 5.1 DTS / Westone 3 Earphones
Asus Xonar D2 / 360 Elite Wireless Controller / Gigabyte Odin GT 800W
Windows 7 x64
(also a 360 and a PSP )
LordJuanlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 03:07 PM   #332
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0
points? ...this is sounding like an 8bit side scroller game
10G Achievement unlocked.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-07, 07:12 PM   #333
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Well i just hit the last level on Hardcore mode and its just a ****ing joke theres noway you can finish this level solo on hardcore (maybe in co op but solo no ****ing way.....)

Over all i found that it still a great game & on the PC and K/M is so much better than the slow/difficult to aim 360 controller was and it looks a hell of a lot nicer with highres textures than the blurry low res mess on the 360...but

[Rant]
Over all even though the game remained at its 62 fps frame cap 90% of the time the whole thing felt jerky and laggy ACT V (the ppl can fly stuff) was the worst for this and this new ACT also had some major object/level clipping problems which forced me to replay 4 or 5 major battles a number of times just because i got stuck on/in walls & cover

Dumb squad mates 9 times out on 10 they is almost no point in having them around,many times i found myself knee deep in wretches or lambert wretches while the rest of my squad just ran around doing **** all or just ran off and hid....they are/where the same on the 360 so im very surprised they didnt take the time to improve this for the PC version...

No 5.1 surround without ****ing about with logs and ini files pretty sad for a 2007 title

No proper widescreen support without entering the console everytime i started again very sad for a 2007 title

Live for windows what a joke..crashing/losing saves but then again it is an M$ product so maybe it might just need a service pack or two like everything else they release.....

If i were Epic id be hanging my head in shame for letting GOW go out in the state its in noway was this port beta tested properly and it just stinks of a rush out before Crysis hits

also there total lack of day one support for the above issues has really pissed me(and many other ppl) off ,i still have'nt seen any official response from anyone at epic over at there forums just some posts from jumped up mods very very sad

Infact GOW PC has just made me relegate Epic from a Buy everything thing they make on release day dev to a wait a few months or bargin bin/2nd hand dev,its pretty sad to see them turn they back on the ppl who made them....
[/Rant]
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 08:00 PM   #334
SeriTonin
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig
Well i just hit the last level on Hardcore mode and its just a ****ing joke theres noway you can finish this level solo on hardcore (maybe in co op but solo no ****ing way.....)

Over all i found that it still a great game & on the PC and K/M is so much better than the slow/difficult to aim 360 controller was and it looks a hell of a lot nicer with highres textures than the blurry low res mess on the 360...but

[Rant]
Over all even though the game remained at its 62 fps frame cap 90% of the time the whole thing felt jerky and laggy ACT V (the ppl can fly stuff) was the worst for this and this new ACT also had some major object/level clipping problems which forced me to replay 4 or 5 major battles a number of times just because i got stuck on/in walls & cover

Dumb squad mates 9 times out on 10 they is almost no point in having them around,many times i found myself knee deep in wretches or lambert wretches while the rest of my squad just ran around doing **** all or just ran off and hid....they are/where the same on the 360 so im very surprised they didnt take the time to improve this for the PC version...

No 5.1 surround without ****ing about with logs and ini files pretty sad for a 2007 title

No proper widescreen support without entering the console everytime i started again very sad for a 2007 title

Live for windows what a joke..crashing/losing saves but then again it is an M$ product so maybe it might just need a service pack or two like everything else they release.....

If i were Epic id be hanging my head in shame for letting GOW go out in the state its in noway was this port beta tested properly and it just stinks of a rush out before Crysis hits

also there total lack of day one support for the above issues has really pissed me(and many other ppl) off ,i still have'nt seen any official response from anyone at epic over at there forums just some posts from jumped up mods very very sad

Infact GOW PC has just made me relegate Epic from a Buy everything thing they make on release day dev to a wait a few months or bargin bin/2nd hand dev,its pretty sad to see them turn they back on the ppl who made them....
[/Rant]
I love you.
SeriTonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 08:11 PM   #335
Mr Bigman
Strongest Man On Earth

Send a message via AIM to Mr Bigman Send a message via MSN to Mr Bigman Send a message via Yahoo to Mr Bigman

This sux, i can't even play the game.

I go into the settings and after 1 minute the game kicks to desktop with an error: wargame-g4wlive.exe application error.

the instruction at 0x5d8079c referenced memory at 0x0000f319 the memory could not be written.

WTF is that about? i spent good money on this game and even stairing at the menu it goes to this error.
Three EVGA 285 SLI
Antec 1200
Corsiar 1000 HX Power Supply
2 OCZ SSD Hard Drives
4 wd black edition raid 2 setups for 4TB

Old 11-15-07, 09:15 PM   #336
K-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig
I'd been playing through with a pal on coop, but I snuck ahead and managed to beat it solo on Hardcore without too much trouble (heck the last boss mostly just stands there anyways), what are you having difficulty with? I never got stuck in walls in single player, but in multiplayer it seems to happen a bit when you use the chainsaw. Nothing brings you off a chainsaw kill high faster than finding out you're stuck in place, even worse when you're playing execution lol.
K-1 is offline   Reply With Quote