Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-06-07, 10:34 AM   #37
HiCZoK4

Default Re: Gears of War Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-1
How can you say that, they're adding 20% more single player content, extra multiplayer maps and modes, higher resolution textures, AND the complete Unreal editor. I agree it sucks that widescreen isn't being supported right, but I'm sure someone will figure out a way to get widescreen working properly. When you compare that one shortcoming to all the extras Epic is giving to PC gamers, I think Epic is treating us pretty well.
+1
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-07, 10:56 AM   #38
Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-1
How can you say that, they're adding 20% more single player content, extra multiplayer maps and modes, higher resolution textures, AND the complete Unreal editor. I agree it sucks that widescreen isn't being supported right, but I'm sure someone will figure out a way to get widescreen working properly. When you compare that one shortcoming to all the extras Epic is giving to PC gamers, I think Epic is treating us pretty well.
The added content is only there in hopes to garnish more sales and repeat sales (360 owners), not to make us PC gamers happy.

Repeatedly Epic forums have deleted threads questioning about widescreen. Another, 'up yours' signal from our Epic friends.

Not to mention the blatent lying about 'GoW will never come to PC'.

Epic is far from treating us well.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-07, 10:57 AM   #39
HiCZoK4

its not about epic but evil microsoft
Old 11-06-07, 11:07 AM   #40
K-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy
The added content is only there in hopes to garnish more sales and repeat sales (360 owners), not to make us PC gamers happy.

Repeatedly Epic forums have deleted threads questioning about widescreen. Another, 'up yours' signal from our Epic friends.

Hmm, I just can't agree with that. I mean, even if they're adding content for purely financial reasons, it's still added content that improves the game, is it not?

Heh, reminds me of an ex-girlfriend, "I know you took me out to dinner last night, but the night before you went out with your buddies so you obviously don't love me!" Well I guess she was right since she's an ex now lol.
K-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-07, 11:07 AM   #41
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:

that lie was pathetic

game has been released on 360, about 7-9 months later, a profile for the game shows up in nvidia drivers.

epic response, oh game was programmed on PC, and we need a profile to test if it runs correctly to develop the game for 360.

sure!! you were testing it for 360 7-9 months after release.
Old 11-06-07, 11:26 AM   #42
LordJuanlo
Widescreen rules

Lol that made me laugh a lot, what a lame response
ATI 5870 (Graphics) + GeForce 9600GT (PhysX) on Samsung SM244T 1920x1200
LG GGW-H20L BluRay & HD-DVD / Logitech Z-5500 5.1 DTS / Westone 3 Earphones
Asus Xonar D2 / 360 Elite Wireless Controller / Gigabyte Odin GT 800W
Windows 7 x64
(also a 360 and a PSP )
LordJuanlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-07, 11:32 AM   #43
HiCZoK4

so its out but shops dont have it
Old 11-06-07, 11:39 AM   #44
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordJuanlo
Lol that made me laugh a lot, what a lame response
yes, this was the official.

Quote:
Rein has responded to the speculation in the Epic Games forums with the following statement:

There is no "new information" that Gears will be released on PC. You know console games are developed on PCs, right? Even if we never release Gears of War on PC we still need to run the game on PC to develop and test content for it.
Our first E3 demo, over two years ago, was done on an PC equipped with dual NVIDIA graphics cards. . . . We gave NVIDIA a copy of wargame.exe (along with some sample content from Gears) so they could help us tweak Unreal Engine 3 performance and reliability on NVIDIA graphics chips. That was necessary to make the development tools perform well and ensure that their drivers would support UE3 going forward. That was beneficial because two PC games (Roboblitz and Rainbow Six Vegas) have already shipped for PC and we're planning to ship our next Unreal Tournament game on PC this year as well.
pathetic attempt at trying to cover it up.

Old 11-06-07, 11:39 AM   #45
SeriTonin
*BANNED*

I swear...everytime a big release comes out this happens.

Games SHIP tuesday, the release date is the SHIPPING DATE. Most gamestops won't get the game until tomorrow at earliest. Every frickin time a release happens people never learn. ....

Sorry, this comes from an ex-employee at gamestop that had to answer the phone every 2 seconds with some nimrod asking about a release.

You want it today? Go to walmart or target.
SeriTonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-07, 11:43 AM   #46
SeriTonin
*BANNED*

Quote:

I was a HUGE fan of epic for years, always said they were one of the few decent developers left that knew how to optimize a game, give free content and overall give gamers a great product.

I can't say that recently. Ashame.

I may not be in love with crysis, but I'll still say Crytek is now in a league of their own as far as developers who are for the pc gamer.

Epic can go continue to lick console nuts. No one wants to play a game with no widescreen, no answers to lack of widescreen, a rigged ass path to enable aa and graphics that look like a washed out version of a clip they played us when 2 6800 ultra's were in sli. Add ontop of that sh*t ass dx10 performace and a pretty wobbley dx9 path..yeah..

Epic went from king to a queen.
Old 11-06-07, 11:43 AM   #47
3DBrad

Epic was just being a good business.

You don't hype a project that may or may not see "the light of day" when you are currently selling another product, it's just bad business. You want all the hype to surround your current products to improve sales.
Old 11-06-07, 11:50 AM   #48
SeriTonin
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoudazo
Epic was just being a good business.

You don't hype a project that may or may not see "the light of day" when you are currently selling another product, it's just bad business. You want all the hype to surround your current products to improve sales.
That is true, but why lie about WS and remove threads about it?

Why not just say, we screwed up, we dont support it, we'll try to patch it down the road, sorry.

See, that's the thing, they've been working with consoles and the mind-set of console gamers that they forgot pc gamers are a whole nother' breed, that dont just accept, but question.