Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-07-07, 07:29 AM   #109
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Default Re: Call of Duty 4: Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed_Baboon
If there is one problem with the game it's that if you stay back and try to pick off the enemies before proceeding you won't get anywhere. Until you move forward to point x, the enemies just keep on coming. You have to keep moving to trigger the next event.
Thats my biggest take on CoD4.

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-07, 07:39 AM   #110
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

I played some more MP last night and I gotta say, sniping is POINTLESS on those maps. Some maps are just big enough to where you can barely snipe, but then there are a few that are small killfests. All in all the MP is a blast. I've only played Free-for-All so far.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-07, 07:48 AM   #111
Burnt_Ram

i have bound actions to the keys on the right side of the keyboard ( the section where the number keys are) but they dont work. they're bound in the game but do nothing? bug? anyone else?
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-07, 09:55 AM   #112
Madpistol
It's a wittle baby!

Send a message via AIM to Madpistol

Ugh!!! I need to be practicing for my Junior Recital for my Music Ed. Degree, and all I can think about is Call of Duty 4!!!

You guys suck!

I guess I'm going to go hunt down a copy for myself.

MadPistol's Rig

AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE (RB-C3) @ 4Ghz, 1.425 Vcore, 1.25V NB VID
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme (w/ Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm fan)
Gigabyte UD3H AM3 790GX motherboard
XFX Radeon HD 5870
PNY XLR8 2x2GB CL8 DDR3 1600
G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2GB CL8 DDR3 1600
Soundblaster X-Fi Fatality Titanium
OCZ Vertex II 120GB SSD (OS drive)
Western Digital 500GB Caviar (black)
Western Digital 640GB Blue
Samsung DVD burner
Logitech MX performance mouse
Logitech G15 keyboard
Corsair HX 750-watt Modular PSU
Antec Nine Hundred case
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
ASUS MK241 24" LCD
ACER X241W 24" LCD - RIP
Madpistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-07, 10:07 AM   #113
six_storm

One other rant about MP: spawn points suck. About any game you get into will have spawn campers or just campers in general. Luckily, I got on a server where one camper got booted faster than he could say "Jello".

This game is great though. The MP maps are pretty good, I haven't been backed into a closed off room yet; there is always a way out and around. The "Last Stand" perk is hilarious. Someone shoots you down, you pull out your pistol and kill them, maybe even another passerby. I laugh so hard when I pwn my killer plus some other noob. OMGWTf!!111
Old 11-07-07, 11:13 AM   #114
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed_Baboon
great game. assaulting the enemy through the streets is awesome fun. If there is one problem with the game it's that if you stay back and try to pick off the enemies before proceeding you won't get anywhere. Until you move forward to point x, the enemies just keep on coming. You have to keep moving to trigger the next event.
I don't agree with this at all, I'm sorry to say. I'm very much a "stay behind and snipe" kind of player and 9 times out of 10 I clear an area, then move forward and enemies spawn at point X. Kill all those, nothing around, move to point Y, more enemies spawn.

I can see complaining about the obvious spawn triggers, but except for a few situations there is not endless enemies throughout the game.

Anyway, I beat it on hardened this morning... EXCELLENT game, a 10 out of 10... makes you feel like you're in combat more than any game I've ever played.
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-07, 11:17 AM   #115
six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero
makes you feel like you're in combat more than any game I've ever played.
Totally agreed. The first level was intense . . .
Old 11-07-07, 11:26 AM   #116
Bman212121

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm
I played some more MP last night and I gotta say, sniping is POINTLESS on those maps. Some maps are just big enough to where you can barely snipe, but then there are a few that are small killfests. All in all the MP is a blast. I've only played Free-for-All so far.
I was having the same problem, I was playing in a server with about 20 people and you couldn't get far enough away from anyone to even snipe. The maps are pretty cluttered which makes it really hard to have a long distance shot. It does play really well for the other guns though because you don't spend half your time looking for someone to kill.

I've tried out all of the game modes so far. I think domination was another fun one, and TDM was decent as well. The only one I'm not crazy about is Search and Destroy because I kept getting shot early in the round so I'd have to wait until it was over to respawn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm
One other rant about MP: spawn points suck. About any game you get into will have spawn campers or just campers in general. Luckily, I got on a server where one camper got booted faster than he could say "Jello".
I don't think the server I was on had too much of a problem with that because everyone was respawning so much that you'd get mowed down if you tried to camp the spawn points. What made it hard was that you would look behind you and it would be clear, then someone would spawn there and waste you from behind. The game was designed so that you spawn at the closest locations to keep you into the action, but sometimes it's almost too close. The worst map that we had though was a free for all on a little box shaped map. I don't know the map but it was the smallest map I've seen so far. With 20 people on the map there wasn't even enough spawn points for everyone, so I actually saw times where two people would spawn right next to each other. I just starting throwing my nade and hoping I could kill someone before 3 other people mowed you down.

Quote:
This game is great though. The MP maps are pretty good, I haven't been backed into a closed off room yet; there is always a way out and around. The "Last Stand" perk is hilarious. Someone shoots you down, you pull out your pistol and kill them, maybe even another passerby. I laugh so hard when I pwn my killer plus some other noob. OMGWTf!!111
I got quite a few kills using the last stand. Then people started catching onto it and it was harder to do.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-07-07, 11:59 AM   #117
odin318

Performance is pretty bad (dips into the 40's) with my hardware. Guess I will do a clean install of my display drivers, i am using the new WHQL.
Old 11-07-07, 12:49 PM   #118
Jonelo

Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-07, 12:51 PM   #119
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

I don't know how you could be getting bad performance with this game, something definately is up with your drivers
Old 11-07-07, 12:51 PM   #120
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Default Re: Call of Duty 4 Review up @ IGN.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
this game doesn't deserve above 7, maybe 7.5

where do they keep finding these reviewers
Haven't you heard? 9.0 is the new 5. Every single game out there deserves at least an 8 or a 9, even if its below average! Only the really REALLY bad games like "Bubble Pop Kids" deserve games of a 7.5.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote