Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-08-07, 07:56 PM   #169
agentkay

Default Re: Call of Duty 4: Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixteH
Crysis has nothing on cod4 in terms of gameplay.....

Fact is a game isnt just about graphics.....and that is why COD4 pwnz Crysis.
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...&postcount=185

I highly disagree as I have written here, but it's "to each their own". I'll still buy CoD4 even when I won't enjoy it as much as Crysis. Both games are pretty different anyway... so what.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-07, 07:59 PM   #170
MowTin

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger
CoD4 pwnz the Crysis Demo, we will have to wait until the final game to make a proper decision.
Apples and Oranges. COD4 is a scripted linear game. There is nothing wrong with that. Some of my favorite games are scripted and linear. But you can't compare it to a wide open free roaming game.

It's like comparing Grand Theft Auto to Project Gotham. PGR "looks" better because they're just designing a set of tracks not a whole city like GTA.

Anyone can make a linear level look great. Making a free roaming city or island look great is far more challenging.

Gameplay is also apples and oranges. COD4 is like a movie experience and that's great. However, one aspect of immersion is a sense of freedom. If it's real then you can go and do what you want, right? The sense of freedom coupled with the graphics gives you a different kind of immersion. In Crysis you have to figure out how to take the enemy down. In COD4 all you have to do is shoot and take cover.

Anyway, I'm going to buy both. But Crysis is hands down the better game graphically and gameplay wise.
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-07, 08:05 PM   #171
Nkd

just because you can roam around in the free world doesn't make crysis a better game, LOL> I believe that COD4's linear gameplay is much more intense than crysis will ever be, crysis is a good game and I am buying it for sure, but I dont expect it to beat COD4 gameplay wise, graphically it may be better but this is nothing that concerns me because COD4 has one of the best graphics only second to crysis.
Nkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-07, 08:19 PM   #172
agentkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkd
just because you can roam around in the free world doesn't make crysis a better game, LOL> I believe that COD4's linear gameplay is much more intense than crysis will ever be, crysis is a good game and I am buying it for sure, but I dont expect it to beat COD4 gameplay wise, graphically it may be better but this is nothing that concerns me because COD4 has one of the best graphics only second to crysis.
I think CoD4 is like watching an exciting movie. It's like the feeling that I got when I watched Die Hard 4 in the theater, it was impressive, mindblowing, and one of the best action movies I have ever seen. A few months later I get the DVD and watch it again at my parents house who have never seen the movie and while it was still enjoyable to me, it was much more enjoyable to my parents but for me it was already just a 7/10 instead of a 10/10.

Basically the same happened with CoD1 and CoD2, I played and enjoyed it the first time, but I never played SP again after finishing it because nothign "new" happened anymore, I still remembered the scripts and the experience. This doesn't make the games bad, but different and offers different gameplay and I guess some people can enjoy it more than once but others (like me) can't.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-07, 08:34 PM   #173
Armed_Baboon
Australian Gamer

Disposable diapers are like, way better than non-disposable. sure disposables might be more convenient, but cloth diapers feel so much better for the baby. I mean some might say that people don't have time for washing lots of diapers, but those people are just so, like, LOL @ them.

What is the point of this? Well what is the point of comparing Crysis with COD4?
Armed_Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-07, 08:55 PM   #174
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed_Baboon
Disposable diapers are like, way better than non-disposable. sure disposables might be more convenient, but cloth diapers feel so much better for the baby. I mean some might say that people don't have time for washing lots of diapers, but those people are just so, like, LOL @ them.

What is the point of this? Well what is the point of comparing Crysis with COD4?
OMG Snake on my old Nokia gets pwnd by COD4. Even though in Snake I can roam around anywhere I want, I find the graphics are just so lame. I liked SoF, but the new one is banned he with make it worse than Snake on my old Nokia. My old Nokia is the same type from the first Matrix movie, which makes it better than the other two Matrix movies. I think Apples pwn Oranges, but once you juice them Oranges pwn Apples.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-07, 09:22 PM   #175
Amuro
Newtype Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkd
Just because it's more intense does not make COD4 a better game either. And what's so special about the gameplay? It's as lame as COD2, nothing new, same self-healing crap, everything is scripted... and worse than the original because in the first COD you at least could save any time you wanted.... and certain levels can be beaten without killing anyone, just run, take cover, run, take cover, till you run past the point that trigger's the script.
Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P80 Black | Intel Core i7-3960X @4.3Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | G.SKILL Ripjaws X 4 x 4GB @1866Mhz CL9 |eVGA GTX 690 Hydro Copper | Cruscial M4 512GB SATA III SSD | WD VelociRaptor 300GB | Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB | Pioneer BDR-205BK 12x Blu-ray Burner | Creative x-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Sound Card | Corsair A1200 1200W PSU

Water cooled by Koolance ERM-3K3UC Cooling System
Amuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-07, 09:52 PM   #176
Madpistol
It's a wittle baby!

Send a message via AIM to Madpistol

This game is very intense, and it runs ridiculously well.

I was playing on a 32 man Team deathmatch server. The map was Vacant

Settings:
1920x1200
4xAA
16xAF
All details maxed (no vsync)

Frames, Time (ms), Min, Max, Avg
29104, 377802, 38, 94, 77.035

That's what fraps told me

There's no doubt about it. This game runs smooth as silk, and the visuals are fantastic. I found myself getting a small adrenaline rush out of playing a server earlier. That doesn't happen very often. The multiplayer for this game is fantastic.

MadPistol's Rig

AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE (RB-C3) @ 4Ghz, 1.425 Vcore, 1.25V NB VID
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme (w/ Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm fan)
Gigabyte UD3H AM3 790GX motherboard
XFX Radeon HD 5870
PNY XLR8 2x2GB CL8 DDR3 1600
G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2GB CL8 DDR3 1600
Soundblaster X-Fi Fatality Titanium
OCZ Vertex II 120GB SSD (OS drive)
Western Digital 500GB Caviar (black)
Western Digital 640GB Blue
Samsung DVD burner
Logitech MX performance mouse
Logitech G15 keyboard
Corsair HX 750-watt Modular PSU
Antec Nine Hundred case
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
ASUS MK241 24" LCD
ACER X241W 24" LCD - RIP
Madpistol is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-08-07, 10:58 PM   #177
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Just beat the SP. Very, very exciting game. Even though it was scripted and stuff, I still thought it was a very intense experience. Has anyone done Arcade Mode yet?
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-07, 11:05 PM   #178
Amuro
Newtype Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm
Just beat the SP. Very, very exciting game. Even though it was scripted and stuff, I still thought it was a very intense experience. Has anyone done Arcade Mode yet?
What is arcade mode? Haven't opened my copy yet.
Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P80 Black | Intel Core i7-3960X @4.3Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | G.SKILL Ripjaws X 4 x 4GB @1866Mhz CL9 |eVGA GTX 690 Hydro Copper | Cruscial M4 512GB SATA III SSD | WD VelociRaptor 300GB | Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB | Pioneer BDR-205BK 12x Blu-ray Burner | Creative x-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Sound Card | Corsair A1200 1200W PSU

Water cooled by Koolance ERM-3K3UC Cooling System
Amuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-07, 11:09 PM   #179
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro
What is arcade mode? Haven't opened my copy yet.
When you beat the game, Arcade Mode unlocks. You can go back through the levels and rank up points. 50 pts for a body shot, 200 points for a headshot and of course you have multipliers when you get in a streak. Fun stuff! Still rather play MP though.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-07, 12:29 AM   #180
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

dude, OMG!!! does this game have multiple endings?

This game was intense!!! The ending, hell, the whole game was insane!! hehe

I only played it on hardened, I am gonna play it thru again on the hardest difficulty. Man this game rocks!

dude, I just can't get over how awesome this game is

the story is great!