Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-10-07, 09:53 PM   #241
MowTin

Default Re: Call of Duty 4: Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORD-eX-Bu
the trees provide excellent cover(they don't explode ). The whole time I think I was a couple of yards away from the other SAS sniper. His area is a really good place to defend, good luck
OMG, I think I was stuck on that mission for like 4 hours. Without claymores that last wave is a nightmare. I put some C4 on some of the enemy drop zones. I shot down 2 repelling crews and blew up the others with C4.

Then I fought and retreated behind the bumper cars and fought it out there. I almost got killed by a dog while getting my wounded teammate and the chopper almost left me.

I played this game for about 6 hours straight. My body hurts, my head hurts so I'm FORCED to stop.

All I can say is WOW. Sneaking around with sniper was one of the best game experiences ever.
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-07, 09:59 PM   #242
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

so far this deserves shooter of the year

I like how you can knife the dogs right when they jump at you, so freaking nuts

at first when the helicopter crashed and busted the guy's leg I was like.."c'mon, you gotta be ****ting me"

that is by far the best experience I've ever had in a shooter

I had something really funny happen. Right before you reach the ferris wheel you have to pass thru a building with a big pool. I snuck around because of the dogs inside the pool and then I saw all the dudes waiting to kill me outside of the building. So I put the other sniper down on the ground inside the building and the dogs must've heard because they all came running out. I thought I was done for but the dogs kept running past me and want after the bad guys outside

funniest thing ever, the guys just ran and got pwned by the dogs
Old 11-10-07, 11:00 PM   #243
Hoopla

Great game! Sniper level + nuclear level = OMG!

Only rant is that it's too linear and enemies respawn until you advance.
Old 11-10-07, 11:13 PM   #244
agentkay

Not a bad game. I finished it right now after almost 6h on normal difficulty and it was fun most of the part. The best levels in my opinion was the AC130 and Chernobyl sniper level and the worst level is not the demo level, actually the ones before were rather boring. Typical CoD gameplay, too many scripts, no AI, spawning enemies, go from cover to cover. It was intense but it gets repetitive really quick and thats why I liked the AC130/sniper level because it felt fresh and new and wasn't just the same old CoD gameplay (which I don't love). 8/10

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-07, 11:17 PM   #245
bugmeplz
*BANNED*

The only level that I would say was bad (and that had a blatant enemy respawn thing going on) was that level near the end where you need to hunt house-to-house for Al-Assad. The ability to call in a chopper for air-support was cool though. On the whole, this is GOTY material thus far when you factor in the amazing multiplayer. Crysis may steal the crown for me, we will see.
bugmeplz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-07, 11:36 PM   #246
Armed_Baboon
Australian Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSEN7900GTX
it says lock on required how do i get that?
just aim it at the chopper, hold it still, and will lock on after about 4 seconds.
Armed_Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-07, 01:25 AM   #247
Noodles

where do the screenshots go... its pretty rude everyone ignoring me like this.
WestDigi 7200 rpm 320g
WestDigi 7200 rpm 250g
Asus PK53 Deluxe mobo

^That's 4 years old, YIKES! time to upgrade!
Noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-07, 01:34 AM   #248
bugmeplz
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noodles
where do the screenshots go... its pretty rude everyone ignoring me like this.
I simply did not see your question, or I would have answered. I don't know exactly where they go, but you can just use "Print Scr" -> mspaint if your google-fu is not up to the task.

Old 11-11-07, 02:10 AM   #249
yxx

i just finished the game. I liked all the cod's but at the end it left me feeling that there was so much going on but i wasn't a part of it. just an outsider taking a few shots once in a while. the sniper and c130 sections were awesome. the game did play great all maxed out too.

but it seemed like where ever i would hide or use "some tactics"........there was a grenade there in 2 seconds........the "typical cod style" can be o.k. but let me do some more in the game and feel like i accomplished something. i had more of that feeling in cod2 than in this game...........well anywho that's that. maybe i play it a few more times and see how i feel then.

good day all.
yxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-07, 03:33 AM   #250
Armed_Baboon
Australian Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed_Baboon
wherever you installed the game\\main\screenshots\

I replied to you back on page 10 of this thread. post 150. EDITED by MUYA - Please keep it civil in here.
Armed_Baboon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-07, 04:03 AM   #251
bugmeplz
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armed_Baboon
I replied to you back on page 10 of this thread. post 150. Dickhead.
Please at least try and be civil. Post reported.
Old 11-11-07, 05:26 AM   #252
Sidric
Evil Clown Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORD-eX-Bu
so far this deserves shooter of the year

I like how you can knife the dogs right when they jump at you, so freaking nuts

at first when the helicopter crashed and busted the guy's leg I was like.."c'mon, you gotta be ****ting me"

that is by far the best experience I've ever had in a shooter

I had something really funny happen. Right before you reach the ferris wheel you have to pass thru a building with a big pool. I snuck around because of the dogs inside the pool and then I saw all the dudes waiting to kill me outside of the building. So I put the other sniper down on the ground inside the building and the dogs must've heard because they all came running out. I thought I was done for but the dogs kept running past me and want after the bad guys outside

funniest thing ever, the guys just ran and got pwned by the dogs

I didn't even bother with the dogs, and when we had to wait for the choppers whilst sniping up the guys coming to kill us, the dogs had a couple extra meals. Kinda funny watching it through my sniper scope
[CPU]Intel Q6600 w/ TR Ultra-120 Extreme @ 3GHz
[Mobo]EVGA nForce 680i
[Memory]OCZ PC2-8500 4GB
[GPU] BFG GTX 260
[Sound] ASUS Sonar Dx
[HDD]
--WD Raptor 150GBx2(Raid 0 Striped)--
--Seagate Barrucuda 300GB--
[OS]Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
[Monitor]Gateway FPD2485W

Live/Xfire/PSN: SidRic SteamID: 3_gh05t_3
Sidric is offline   Reply With Quote