Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-08-07, 06:18 AM   #13
PaiN
Don't make me MAD!

Default Re: Gears of War for PC Keeps crashing on Windows Vista x64?

I tried for hours yesterday to get the game working(stop crashing to desk top form the menu) with no success. Difference driivers, OCing on\off, DX updated, Vista64 updated, v-sync options from CP, LIVE updates...nothing worked.

I ended up returning GoW, for the ever stupid FEAR: Perseus Mantade and put the left over cash on my Crysis perorder.
I'll keep my ear to the ground, if a fix comes up I'll re-buy GoW then....
Core i5 2500K @ 4.2ghz | EVGA Superclock M020 | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaws X PC1600 | EVGA GTX760SC | SB X-Fi Xtremegamer | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610w PSU | (2) WD Black 640gb in RAID"0" | MSI SATA DVD-RW | Saitek Eclipse kb | Logi G5v2 mouse / Steelseries QcK | Antec P182 "Gunmetal" | Logitech 5300a THX 5.1 speakers | ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD
-Windows7 64bit
PaiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-07, 06:27 AM   #14
PaiN
Don't make me MAD!

Update:
hmm...I didn't check to see if Creative had new X-Fi drivers available..(I mean, who would have thunk it.. hehe), but the truth is Creative they have a new set as of 11/7. Some highlighted fixes:
Resolves an issue for Windows Vista 64-bit systems with 4 GB RAM
Resolves loud speaker noise when restarting your computer
Resolves an issue that causes OpenAL games not to respond

Now I don't have the game atm, but would someone with the crashing issue pls give them a try and report back, thanks

http://us.creative.com/support/
Core i5 2500K @ 4.2ghz | EVGA Superclock M020 | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 | 8gb G.Skill Ripjaws X PC1600 | EVGA GTX760SC | SB X-Fi Xtremegamer | PC Power & Cooling Silencer 610w PSU | (2) WD Black 640gb in RAID"0" | MSI SATA DVD-RW | Saitek Eclipse kb | Logi G5v2 mouse / Steelseries QcK | Antec P182 "Gunmetal" | Logitech 5300a THX 5.1 speakers | ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD
-Windows7 64bit
Old 11-08-07, 09:31 AM   #15
madmossy

GoW works ok for me in vista 64 but my mic refuses to work at all, even though it works fine in everything else.
madmossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-07, 09:50 AM   #16
conroejoe
*BANNED*

I can't believe the crap you guys would put up with just to run Vista. I would've ripped that **** off and been running XP so fast Bill Gates head would still be spinning. Vista is NOT worth nothing working. My God you are a sad bunch to return a great game for a shoddy OS.

For the record GOW works flawlessly under XP.

I still dual boot but it's been so long since I've booted to Vista its prolly gonna need to be re-activated!! (joke, but I'm sure something will be wrong when i do boot it again - there always is).
conroejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-07, 10:08 AM   #17
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conroejoe
I can't believe the crap you guys would put up with just to run Vista. I would've ripped that **** off and been running XP so fast Bill Gates head would still be spinning. Vista is NOT worth nothing working. My God you are a sad bunch to return a great game for a shoddy OS.

Dude, give it a rest.

GoW works on Vista just fine. I'm sure no game has ever crashed or wouldn't load on a system that runs XP, right? Every time someone has an issue in XP do you bitch and moan about how horrible an OS it is and tell them to go back to 98?

Your constant complaining about Vista is past old already, what's your obsession with it?
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-07, 10:49 AM   #18
conroejoe
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah!
Dude, give it a rest.

GoW works on Vista just fine. I'm sure no game has ever crashed or wouldn't load on a system that runs XP, right? Every time someone has an issue in XP do you bitch and moan about how horrible an OS it is and tell them to go back to 98?

Your constant complaining about Vista is past old already, what's your obsession with it?

Well it's just thread after thread on here about how something doesn't work on Vista. After awhile you've gotta realize if you are stupid enough to continue using Vista then expect to have problems. I'm tried of all the crying about Vista...just go back to XP already.
Old 11-08-07, 10:54 AM   #19
PaiN
Don't make me MAD!

conroejoe....this crashing issue is not Vista only...I hate to burst your bubble, but XP users are reporting it also.
moving on...
-Windows7 64bit
Old 11-08-07, 11:05 AM   #20
conroejoe
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaiN
conroejoe....this crashing issue is not Vista only...I hate to burst your bubble, but XP users are reporting it also.
moving on...
Whatever man, I have no problems. Just installed and have been playing GOW and COD4 no issues here at all.

Old 11-08-07, 11:10 AM   #21
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:

For the record GOW works flawlessly under XP.

I still dual boot but it's been so long since I've booted to Vista its prolly gonna need to be re-activated!! (joke, but I'm sure something will be wrong when i do boot it again - there always is).
you are one of the biggest trolls to ever post on this forum.

WE GET IT, YOU DON'T LIKE VISTA, NO ONE CARES.
Old 11-08-07, 11:18 AM   #22
Brent101

Quote:
Well it's just thread after thread on here about how something doesn't work on Vista. After awhile you've gotta realize if you are stupid enough to continue using Vista then expect to have problems. I'm tried of all the crying about Vista...just go back to XP already.
Remember that more people are likely to be vocal about problems than those who are experiencing no issues. Vista 64 has been very stable and has been running exceptionally well for me for quite awhile now and a lot of other people are using it unhindered as well.
Brent101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-07, 11:34 AM   #23
conroejoe
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
you are one of the biggest trolls to ever post on this forum.

WE GET IT, YOU DON'T LIKE VISTA, NO ONE CARES.

STFU. I gave up on that POS long ago.

"Well it's just thread after thread on here about how something doesn't work on Vista. After awhile you've gotta realize if you are stupid enough to continue using Vista then expect to have problems. I'm tried of all the crying about Vista...just go back to XP already."
Old 11-08-07, 11:52 AM   #24
AdamK47

I've had zero crashes with GoW running under Vista x64. I played for maybe 1 and 1/2 hours last night. Oh yeah, and... http://www.gamespot.com/users/AdamK47/images
AdamK47 is offline   Reply With Quote