Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-16-07, 08:34 PM   #97
Xion X2

Default Re: Crysis Screenshot Thread

I don't know what the hell the guy (M3) is talking about, either. They look very similar to me.

He's a mystery, anyway.. all of a sudden he's a Crysis fanboy, when he used to be one of the biggest 360 pushers on this forum...

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 08:38 PM   #98
m3dude

so u guys also probly dont think theres any real difference between 4xaa and no aa then. probly shouldnt ever ridicule a console game again fo rnot having aa, since u cant tell the difference anyway. just weird how u guys rag on console iq when the majority of you cant even tell when aa is on or off. dont know how many times ive seen pics posted here of someone claiming x level of aa is on when the entire time they had been playing without aa cuz it wasnt rly on.
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 08:43 PM   #99
SlickRig
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dude
i need glasses, yet ur the one who cant notice how different the iq of those pics is.
I do notice the difference, I notice that the detail in the rocks that I circled in BRIGHT RED for you lack detail in your supposed superior editor shot compared to the first pic. ROTF.

Give me the first pic any day of the week.
SlickRig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 08:46 PM   #100
SlickRig
*BANNED*

Quote:
so u guys also probly dont think theres any real difference between 4xaa and no aa then.

Yep here we go again....... Shoving more words into the mouths of people who do not agree with you. Of course this is always your last resort when losing a debate (trying to twist the subject around)

I never once said anything about not being able to see the difference between no AA and 4XAA and I also am quite aware of the benefits that AA provides.
Old 12-16-07, 08:47 PM   #101
SlickRig
*BANNED*

Quote:
dont know how many times ive seen pics posted here of someone claiming x level of aa is on when the entire time they had been playing without aa cuz it wasnt rly on.
I can agree with that much, I have seen it happen too.
Old 12-16-07, 08:48 PM   #102
m3dude

would u mind participating in a test slick? series of comparison pics, see if u can tell which have aa v which dont?
Old 12-16-07, 08:48 PM   #103
SlickRig
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
He's a mystery, anyway.. all of a sudden he's a Crysis fanboy, when he used to be one of the biggest 360 pushers on this forum...

True dat. Lol.
Old 12-16-07, 08:50 PM   #104
SlickRig
*BANNED*

Quote:
would u mind participating in a test slick? series of comparison pics, see if u can tell which have aa v which dont?

ROTFLMAO at you kid. Why in the F would I want to wast my time with you comparing pics with AA to pics with no AA?

I am fully aware when I am playing a game as to rather or not I am running any AA. Good grief dude...lol. I am also completely aware of what AA does and the benefits that it provides to image quality as well as AF.

Some games are more evident than others with no AA and some games need even higher amounts of AA in order to get rid of the jaggies.

Old 12-16-07, 08:53 PM   #105
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

ok I was able to replicate everything in the "contact" level sunrise shot, accept I am unable to get the subsampling to work on my system. Its enabled there..in rivatuner.. was there a trick in getting it to work? or is it not working in dx10 atm?
Old 12-16-07, 08:54 PM   #106
m3dude

well i mean ur sitting here posting that u dont see a difference besides the rocks, and theres a huge difference. i mean if i had access to atis image difference program, it would show u the huge difference between the pics
Old 12-16-07, 08:54 PM   #107
m3dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd
ok I was able to replicate everything in the "contact" level sunrise shot, accept I am unable to get the subsampling to work on my system. Its enabled there..in rivatuner.. was there a trick in getting it to work? or is it not working in dx10 atm?
dunno i have xp. i also just use nvidias ctrl panel. worked fine for me. make sure u enable the aa mode in crysis, and leave it at app preference in the ctrl panel. just set transparency aa to supersample
Old 12-16-07, 08:59 PM   #108
SlickRig
*BANNED*

Quote:
well i mean ur sitting here posting that u dont see a difference besides the rocks, and theres a huge difference. i mean if i had access to atis image difference program, it would show u the huge difference between the pics
M3dude have you not noticed that no one is really agreeing with you on this matter?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
I don't know what the hell the guy (M3) is talking about, either. They look very similar to me.
Im sure the editor pic has less jaggies than the first pic (if you examine it with a microscope) but the fact is that you have so much AA enabled in the first pic that the jaggies are not even that apparent to begin with.

And yes as I already told you I think the first pic as a whole looks far better as the rocks look like complete ass in second pic.