Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-14-07, 08:11 PM   #25
Ninja Prime

Default Re: Blizzard changes arguments wrt game balance questions, when it comes to locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son Goku
This is pattently false; and I can speak as one who's current main is a hunter. I'm marksman spec now for raids, but I was BM, and am well aware of enrage pet and the beast within. However, this forever you speak of simply isn't there. Enrage pet has a duration of 18 secs, which is not forever. Also, it has a cooldown, as does intimidation (pet stun). Look at the mention on my main's talent trees for BM (though he doesn't have points there anymore), and see specifically what it says on duration and cooldown.
I was exaggerating, I think thats obvious, but the point is still there, who are you to cry about fear with a 18 second immunity every 2 minutes? Will of the Forsaken only lasts 5 seconds and has no extra damage component and people still cry about it. How do you think hunters ended up being the second(might be first by now) most played class?
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 11:56 AM   #26
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

Default Re: Blizzard changes arguments wrt game balance questions, when it comes to locks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime
How do you think hunters ended up being the second(might be first by now) most played class?
Send in pet, auto shot, go make a sandwich..
Old 11-15-07, 01:45 PM   #27
Medion

Quote:

but then I am well geared and understand the game mechanics, which clearly you do not.
You're the one comparing Paladins "stuns" to Warlock Fear, and calling them equal..

Warlock Fear can be re-applied instantly (no cooldown). Paladin stun has a 1 minute cooldown.

Warlock Fears have a chance to break on damage. The Paladin Repetence (which you refer to as a second stun) has a 100% chance to break upon ANY damage.

There's no comparison, and if you truly feel that a Paladin can stun-lock as effectively as a Warlock can fear-lock, then it's YOU that doesn't understand game mechanics.

There's only one way a Paladin can stun-lock. You'd need a Deep Thunder or Stormherald, and since Paladins do not get mace spec, you'd need to use Seal of Justice. This has a chance to proc a stun on diminishing returns, and since you're using up a seal, the DPS is beyond laughable. It's auto-attack plus crusader stike. It effectively removes the Paladin combat system. It's also not a guarantee, like Fear is.
Medion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-07, 09:08 AM   #28
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
I am well geared and understand the game mechanics, which clearly you do not.
Don't know about your gear but your understanding of the game mechanics could use some brushing up, judging from your comparison of stuns to fears.

By the way the WoW forums are the place for this kind of stupid "NERF LOCKS LAWL" garbage. If you're such a bad player that you can't learn how to compensate for each of the classes' relative advantages and disadvantages then just quit playing the game. Only scrubs come on forums and bitch about "SO AND SO IS OP LAWL NERF PLZ KTHX".
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-07, 03:03 AM   #29
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
Don't know about your gear but your understanding of the game mechanics could use some brushing up, judging from your comparison of stuns to fears.

By the way the WoW forums are the place for this kind of stupid "NERF LOCKS LAWL" garbage. If you're such a bad player that you can't learn how to compensate for each of the classes' relative advantages and disadvantages then just quit playing the game. Only scrubs come on forums and bitch about "SO AND SO IS OP LAWL NERF PLZ KTHX".
QQ noob *fear* *dots* owned.
Old 11-19-07, 10:31 AM   #30
Medion

Wow. We both quoted something that you actually said in reply #24 of this very thread. You're reaching. You're doing a better job of proving yourself wrong than I or anyone else on this forum ever could.
Medion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-07, 12:58 PM   #31
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
QQ noob *fear* *dots* owned.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410

Last edited by Ninjaman09; 11-26-07 at 08:41 AM.
Old 11-19-07, 09:26 PM   #32
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09
See how I separated my post into two paragraphs? Separating things with paragraphs usually means two separate subjects are being discussed. And surely enough, after the line break I was responding to the OP and not you. Kudos for the massive reading comprehension fail though.
Well, I assumed you'd put a different quote in, sorry. My bad. I see now what you meant.

Old 11-26-07, 08:41 AM   #33
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Well, I assumed you'd put a different quote in, sorry. My bad. I see now what you meant.
It's OK. Now that you're being so reasonable and I was being so unreasonable I've edited my post.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410