Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-15-07, 04:31 PM   #61
ahheadlock

Default Re: Retail Crysis plays better than DEMO....

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar
Did you totally ignore all of the online reviews and tests and users here saying that DX10 performance was substantially worse? Along with other countless threads here with simple config file tweaks that offer up all of the fancy DX10 effects using a safe, stable, smoothly operating XP operating system??

To this day, the only game that has offered a shred of evidence to go from XP to vista is lost planet and possiby call of juarez but I wouldn't consider either of those games monumental or worthy of an entire OS upgrade.

That money you spent on vista could have been put towards probably a pair of 8800GT's or an ultra.
most of those benchmarks are done in the demo using the older drivers.

What I'm saying, and this may not go for everyone, is that for ME - it doesn't matter what i do, i cant get it running smoothly. I got to the level after the tanks and thought 'stuff this' and tried DX10 32 and 64 bit exe's, and DX9 and it didn't make a damn bit of difference. Frame rate was still in the low 20's at high settings. That is using 169.09 with what i have in my sig.

ps. I'd happily upgrade my video card if there were something worth upgrading too. I'm not willing to pay 1k for an ultra when the new card is apparently so close. SLI GTS's seem like a waste of time.
ahheadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 11:32 PM   #62
conroejoe
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrapnel
Hi all
Will someone running Windows Vista 64 bit please confirm that running Crysis with 4GB RAM gives a better frame rate than running it with 2GB RAM ?

It does not.

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6182806/p-6.html
conroejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 11:36 PM   #63
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

I'll say that the multiplayer framerates are a whole lot better than it was in the BETA, for me at least.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-07, 03:14 AM   #64
Logical

The retail definately plays better for me than the demo.

I had everything set to high except post processing which was set to medium on the demo with 4x AA on DX10. If i set post processing to high then it would make the framerates so low that it would be unplayable with severe mouse lag.

On the retail i can use exact same settings but with post processing set to high, although i get framerate drops there is absolutley no mouse lag.... I do set post processing to medium though as the extra fps certainly make it more enjoyable at little effect on visuals.

I have said that i wouldn't buy Crysis yet but i gave in last night and glad i did, awesome game with awesome visuals....Can't wait to see what its going to look like in 12 months time when maybe we have hardware capable of running this at full whack settings at full framerates.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-07, 05:19 AM   #65
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixteH
The retail definately plays better for me than the demo.

I had everything set to high except post processing which was set to medium on the demo with 4x AA on DX10. If i set post processing to high then it would make the framerates so low that it would be unplayable with severe mouse lag.

On the retail i can use exact same settings but with post processing set to high, although i get framerate drops there is absolutley no mouse lag.... I do set post processing to medium though as the extra fps certainly make it more enjoyable at little effect on visuals.

I have said that i wouldn't buy Crysis yet but i gave in last night and glad i did, awesome game with awesome visuals....Can't wait to see what its going to look like in 12 months time when maybe we have hardware capable of running this at full whack settings at full framerates.
What is Crysis gonna do if us haters end up liking the game?
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-07, 05:38 AM   #66
Lfctony

Just got my CE edition in a lovely tin case. Too bad I have to go to work now, don't have time to even install the game.
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote