Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-13-07, 06:42 AM   #13
kupco

Default Re: IGN's review of Crysis

Gamespot gave it 9.5 out of 10!!!
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/cr...opslot;title;1

Quote:
If you put it all together, Crysis is just remarkable. This is a game that pushes the envelope in terms of both technology and gameplay and does so with aplomb. Crysis raises the expectations for every shooter to follow when it comes to graphics, interactivity, environments, immersiveness, AI, and gameplay. Quite simply, Crysis represents the first-person shooter at its finest, most evolved form.
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K w/Noctua NH-C12P SE14, MB: Asus P8P67 EVO, RAM: 8GB DIMM DDR3 Corsair 1600MHz CL9, VGA: MSI 470GTX Twin Frozr, DVD: SONY Optiarc AD-7261, HDD: Intel SSD 520 series 240 GB + WD 1TB Caviar Black (WD1002FAEX) + WD 640 GB (WD6400AAKS), PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 - 620W, LCD: DELL 24" 2408WFP
kupco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-07, 07:11 AM   #14
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf

Wow, that's a nice rap to give a game. Seriously.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-07, 07:17 AM   #15
Vasot02
Crazy Greek guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffbiff21
Gee, guys. Come on now. Buy Crysis for the online MP. Screw single player.
Sorry man but i buy games for single player

MP is a optional choice for me
Old 11-13-07, 07:31 AM   #16
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jolle
9.4 is a pretty awesome score isnt it?
No .. 9.8 is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasot02
Sorry man but i buy games for single player

MP is a optional choice for me
+1

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-07, 08:52 AM   #17
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

9.5? Thats it? Nowadays reviews START at 8.0 . This game deserves at least a 15.0 or somethin.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-07, 09:01 AM   #18
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by buffbiff21
Gee, guys. Come on now. Buy Crysis for the online MP. Screw single player.
after playing MB beta, i won't even touch multiplayer.

Single player makes a game interesting. I will there would be co-op for single player campaign.
Old 11-13-07, 10:03 AM   #19
conroejoe
*BANNED*

After playing retail. I would give it 8 out of 10. The story just was lacking. There was nothing wanting you to push on to see what happens next. Stalker was a great game because I had seen all the pictures of the reactor and the ferris wheel, bumper cars in Pripyat. So getting to actually see all that stuff up close drove me to want to see more.

Gameplay got boring after awhile it's not any different than most run and guns. Timeshift and Stranglehold let you slow down or pause time. In Crysis you cloak. Basically the result is all the same - you get the jump on the baddies. So while clock may be cool the whole experience wasn't any different than Max Payne, Stranglehold and Timeshift - games that have given us the ability to get the jump.

The only thing that Crysis excels in is environment destructability. But again - Red Faction let you blow holes in everything. There is nothing ground breaking that Crysis does. Seeing trees come down was pretty cool or tossing a grenade and taking out a building. But there was something goofy with this. I could pickup a barrel and pretty much walk through a building or kick out a 4x4 and knock down a carport thing. But I couldn't shoot the 4x4 to knock it down and throwing the barrel didn't have the same effect. The physics are really screwed up. Holding a barrel makes you walk through building destroying them - but shooting that same 4x4 does nothing... ok??

The AI was ridiculously stupid and then ridiculously hard. I love when the boats miles out will know your exact location when one of the guards on land sees you. The AI got pretty tiring at how bad it was.

Good game, not a 10 - performance and bugs hold it back. 8 out of 10 -
conroejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-07, 11:15 AM   #20
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

The demo didn't do this game any justice really. It does introduce the basic idea that you have numerous ways to approach the same objective but (as my review thread stated) the objectives throughout the game are all presented in different ways in different surroundings so it's not the same thing over and over. you never really get bored of doing the same thing time after time (at least I didn't).

It's similar to COD4 in that you feel like you're taking part in an epic battle movie. What differentiates Crysis and COD 4 in that regard is that in COD4, each mission is totally different so there is more variety. With Crysis, it's all one huge mission so you're not tossed into dozens of totally different areas and settings. The good thing about it though is that it's a really good huge mission you're in and it's a very satisfying one the entire time.

I haven't finished either game yet but they're both doing a much better job of holding my attention than Gears of war. GOW is fun but seems like the same old same old after a while.

Crysis isn't perfect but it's heads and shoulders better than most FPS's out there. It's much better than farcry (though in crysis there's not as much indoor activity as I wish there were).
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-07, 12:27 PM   #21
conroejoe
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar
The demo didn't do this game any justice really. It does introduce the basic idea that you have numerous ways to approach the same objective but (as my review thread stated) the objectives throughout the game are all presented in different ways in different surroundings so it's not the same thing over and over. you never really get bored of doing the same thing time after time (at least I didn't).

It's similar to COD4 in that you feel like you're taking part in an epic battle movie. What differentiates Crysis and COD 4 in that regard is that in COD4, each mission is totally different so there is more variety. With Crysis, it's all one huge mission so you're not tossed into dozens of totally different areas and settings. The good thing about it though is that it's a really good huge mission you're in and it's a very satisfying one the entire time.

I haven't finished either game yet but they're both doing a much better job of holding my attention than Gears of war. GOW is fun but seems like the same old same old after a while.

Crysis isn't perfect but it's heads and shoulders better than most FPS's out there. It's much better than farcry (though in crysis there's not as much indoor activity as I wish there were).
See I got bored with the same thing over and over and thought COD4 was better because it changed it up.
conroejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-07, 12:43 PM   #22
J-Mag
Weapon of MassConsumption

Any word on DX10 multiplay servers that have single player physics?
J-Mag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-07, 01:10 PM   #23
a_big_burger

Quote:
Originally Posted by conroejoe
See I got bored with the same thing over and over and thought COD4 was better because it changed it up.
I don't think COD4 is even at the same league as Crysis. I got bored with COD4 so fast (mybe just me ). I have fun to play Crysis all the time. Crysis is in its own league. That is why PC gamer gave its 98%. I would give it 96% score.
a_big_burger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-07, 07:20 PM   #24
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger

Quote:
Originally Posted by conroejoe
Rofl. That linear on rails shooter? No thanks. COD4 multiplayer is excellent though.
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote