No no

http://www.google.es/search?as_q=jon...s=&safe=images
Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-08, 02:39 PM   #171
methimpikehoses

Default Re: *** Official Retail Crysis Review Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
you mean the rocket launcher? or that TAC?
Rocket launcher + the minigun.
Old 01-20-08, 03:02 PM   #172
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by methimpikehoses
Rocket launcher + the minigun.
damn, that crab won't go down easy
Old 01-20-08, 04:46 PM   #173
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

ok, crab is dead, and that big flying thing is dead

good game
Old 01-20-08, 05:24 PM   #174
ClosetFanBoy
Thorazine shuffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig
Meh Just finished it short & bitter sweet.....

For everything they did right they just so much horribly wrong

Some rants im sure they been said before and im sure the fanboyz will disagree...

Headshots....Ok i dont care if your wearing a helmet if i shoot you INTHEFACE @ 10 yards with a sniper rifle you should die....

Weak ass weapons...just like the original unreal crysis's weapons are pretty much limp wristed The SCAR is pretty crappy has almost no ammo & feels like a BB gun...Rocket luncher is just ripped stright from HL/HL2 Sniper rifle still wobbles even in prone i mean wtf i have a hightech nanosuit on but it cant even help steady my aim???

The helio battles are bull**** and just feel really old(& again stright out of HL2) **** the US army doesnt need to bother with the VTOL(while im on the subject of the VTOL who ever coded the handling of those thing wants a kick in the head)astThe KPA's HIND alikes seem to beable to track me through a forest in the dark while im invisable and defy the laws of helo flight why dont they just buy those instead?

it also seems that for most of the first half of the game it felt like id got a helio stuck to my ass every step of the way these things seem to pop out of nowhere & you just cant get away from them once they spawn if you dont have the weapon to take them down forget it just load an old save and hope one doesnt show up

Tanks....stright out of COD2 which also did them better....

i also found a number of bugs even after 1.1 things like falling through the flight deck,not being able to swap/pickup weapons & ammo full messages on totally empty weapons when trying to pickup more ammo for them

There more i could bitch about (totally agree about the C&V of the prey stuff btw)but over all it just seems that Crytek spent so long of the GFX (and yes it looks stunning)that when it came to gameplay they just either fell back on old cliches(take out the turrets>lower the sheild> ect ec tect)or just ripped off the worse parts of other games(COD2 tanks...HL2 helo fights,Prey/matrix)
cant really say it lives upto its hype on anything else than a GFX lvl

I dout i'll replay anytime soon maybe once next gen hardware hits or to make my 360 only owning friends green with envy over the GFX.....
Just omit anything you said comparing it to other games and... you hit the nail on the head. The bugs... o'plenty.

iPhone junkie...
ClosetFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-10, 01:54 PM   #175
nemecb

W.T.F.?!

I know this is a big thread necro, but I'm guessing most people aren't paying attention to the Crysis subforum anymore so a new thread probably wouldn't get noticed.

Spoilers ahead, but I think the statute of limitations is up on this game.

I finally got this for Christmas and started playing through it, and honestly the game feels broken to me. My uber weapons feel like BB guns even against normal relatively unarmored soldiers, but I could probably live with that. What I can't live with is the obscene difficulty. The first time they threw a helicopter at me when I had no rocket launcher to take it down, it was kind of a cool mechanic, although it sucked when they would randomly see me through the trees.

However, the second time that they did it to me in Relic when I'm taking the boat down to the dustoff point was just lame as hell. The boat handles like crap so dodging isn't a realistic option if you want to stay in the river, so it's just pure dumb luck if you don't get blown out of the water in the first 10 seconds. Or for that matter randomly flip over flying off the waterfall because the physics seem to be very broken there.

Now, assuming that you survive the stupid boat bit, you arrive at a blockade of the river. Trying to just run it seems to result in so much damage that if you don't immediately blow up you will be immediately killed by the heli. Trying to stop and stealth kill all of the guys so you can steal one of their boats is a bad option because apparently this helicopter has x-ray night vision because every time I tried it I got reamed by the rockets that it seems to randomly fire, even if you're stealthed.

Now, I will admit that I'm not the greatest gamer ever, but I've played my fair share of games so I feel like I should be able to make it through just about anything given enough perseverance. After 2 hours on this one stupid section of game my resolve was exhausted and I godModed through it.

So is this normal? Did they have anyone playtest this game? There has certainly been some cool stuff, but right now the difficulty curve seems seriously messed up and it's really ruining the game for me.
nemecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-10, 11:44 PM   #176
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

AI's fine man... as long as it's better than the one in the modern warfare games lol...

Old 01-28-10, 11:50 AM   #177
nemecb

My problem isn't with the AI - it's not perfect but it doesn't bother me either. What's destroying the game for me is the diffculty curve, which seems to be less of a curve and more of a square wave. I guess the helicopter AI is part of that, but really there just needs to be less helicopters, period.
Old 01-28-10, 01:28 PM   #178
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemecb View Post
W.T.F.?!

I know this is a big thread necro, but I'm guessing most people aren't paying attention to the Crysis subforum anymore so a new thread probably wouldn't get noticed.

Spoilers ahead, but I think the statute of limitations is up on this game.

I finally got this for Christmas and started playing through it, and honestly the game feels broken to me. My uber weapons feel like BB guns even against normal relatively unarmored soldiers, but I could probably live with that. What I can't live with is the obscene difficulty. The first time they threw a helicopter at me when I had no rocket launcher to take it down, it was kind of a cool mechanic, although it sucked when they would randomly see me through the trees.

However, the second time that they did it to me in Relic when I'm taking the boat down to the dustoff point was just lame as hell. The boat handles like crap so dodging isn't a realistic option if you want to stay in the river, so it's just pure dumb luck if you don't get blown out of the water in the first 10 seconds. Or for that matter randomly flip over flying off the waterfall because the physics seem to be very broken there.

Now, assuming that you survive the stupid boat bit, you arrive at a blockade of the river. Trying to just run it seems to result in so much damage that if you don't immediately blow up you will be immediately killed by the heli. Trying to stop and stealth kill all of the guys so you can steal one of their boats is a bad option because apparently this helicopter has x-ray night vision because every time I tried it I got reamed by the rockets that it seems to randomly fire, even if you're stealthed.

Now, I will admit that I'm not the greatest gamer ever, but I've played my fair share of games so I feel like I should be able to make it through just about anything given enough perseverance. After 2 hours on this one stupid section of game my resolve was exhausted and I godModed through it.

So is this normal? Did they have anyone playtest this game? There has certainly been some cool stuff, but right now the difficulty curve seems seriously messed up and it's really ruining the game for me.
All you need to do is blow up the choppers buddy

Even when you are in the water, you can always pull up on the bank and get some reloads for missile ammo OR use the boat gun to shoot the choppers.

Also, the various suit enhancements when used correctly actually give you the ability to simply stay out of "sight" and "run" away from the choppers on some occasions, at least till you can fight it with the right ammo.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 02:07 PM   #179
nemecb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
All you need to do is blow up the choppers buddy

Even when you are in the water, you can always pull up on the bank and get some reloads for missile ammo OR use the boat gun to shoot the choppers.

Also, the various suit enhancements when used correctly actually give you the ability to simply stay out of "sight" and "run" away from the choppers on some occasions, at least till you can fight it with the right ammo.
Believe me, the first thing I do when I find a rocket launcher is use it on the chopper, but they seem to be few and far between. Maybe I just need to look harder for them. I tried the boat gun but I'm just too exposed doing that and I always got reamed by rockets before I had any chance of taking it down.

I have been using the suit enhancements, but when I've spent ten minutes skulking in the bushes trying to stay out of sight and kill the soldiers blocking the way, then get randomly killed by the chopper through treecover while cloaked it really, really sucks. I guess I just need to quicksave more often (which was part of my problem with the early game - I thought they were using the Far Cry checkpoint system so you couldn't quicksave). I just really don't like doing that, especially when I'm playing on easy.
Old 01-28-10, 06:44 PM   #180
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

takes likes 10 seconds to blow them up, use a mounted 50cal.. on a car or so.