Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-28-10, 05:55 PM   #181
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Default Re: *** Official Retail Crysis Review Thread ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemecb View Post
Believe me, the first thing I do when I find a rocket launcher is use it on the chopper, but they seem to be few and far between. Maybe I just need to look harder for them. I tried the boat gun but I'm just too exposed doing that and I always got reamed by rockets before I had any chance of taking it down.

I have been using the suit enhancements, but when I've spent ten minutes skulking in the bushes trying to stay out of sight and kill the soldiers blocking the way, then get randomly killed by the chopper through treecover while cloaked it really, really sucks. I guess I just need to quicksave more often (which was part of my problem with the early game - I thought they were using the Far Cry checkpoint system so you couldn't quicksave). I just really don't like doing that, especially when I'm playing on easy.
If you just have soldiers, you can essentially speed right past them and then go directly into camo mode, or hide in the vegetation or whatever.

Believe me, I know what you are saying, but I've played both Crysis and Warhead like 10-15 times each and there are SO many ways to approach each scenario Choppers are obviously tougher and one of my biggest annoyances about the game, but, there are indeed launchers all over the place when you run into groups of the enemy and you can bring them down with just a couple of shots on target

Or you can use a mounted gun or the boat's gun. Lots of options
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 07:33 PM   #182
trivium nate

omg another crysis screen shot thread i mean I loved both crysis games Crysis i have 100 hours of game play in and Crysis warhead I have 32 hours of game play cant wait for crysis 2
42"Vizio TV-1920x1080-1080P-120Hertz//Win 7 Ultimate(64)//XBox360-pc controller
Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard//Razer DeathAdder Mouse//250gb-Xbox 360//160gb-PS3
trivium nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 07:55 PM   #183
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

another screenshot thread? since when is this review thread a screenshot thread? :S
Old 01-28-10, 08:05 PM   #184
trivium nate

I was jk
42"Vizio TV-1920x1080-1080P-120Hertz//Win 7 Ultimate(64)//XBox360-pc controller
Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard//Razer DeathAdder Mouse//250gb-Xbox 360//160gb-PS3
trivium nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-10, 09:57 PM   #185
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

oh.. didnt see any ironic emoticon or what you wanna call it
Old 01-29-10, 10:30 AM   #186
nemecb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
If you just have soldiers, you can essentially speed right past them and then go directly into camo mode, or hide in the vegetation or whatever.
Yeah, I have no problem dealing with regular soldiers usually. In fact sneaking in to their camps and taking them out is one of my favorite parts of the game.

Quote:
Believe me, I know what you are saying, but I've played both Crysis and Warhead like 10-15 times each and there are SO many ways to approach each scenario Choppers are obviously tougher and one of my biggest annoyances about the game, but, there are indeed launchers all over the place when you run into groups of the enemy and you can bring them down with just a couple of shots on target

Or you can use a mounted gun or the boat's gun. Lots of options
Yeah, that's what I thought, and then two hours later when I had tried all of the options and none of them worked I wasn't so sure. I've tried multiple times in different parts of the game to shoot choppers down with mounted guns, but in every case it just made me a sitting duck and I was dead before you could say "What nanosuit?". Maybe you can stay cloaked while using them so they don't shoot back? There must be something because otherwise it seems that the game on easy is still way too hard for me and I might as well stop right now.
nemecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-10, 11:12 AM   #187
grey_1

I've never fired on a chopper long enough to take it down with a mounted gun, wasn't sure if it could, but it will at least run them off from your location. I usually wait until it's facing away from me. By the time it spins around to fire it's usually had enough.

I do know that starting at least at the compound area Rs are all over the place.