Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-14-07, 10:40 AM   #1
Loreman
Shred Master

Default Just finished the game on Delta!

Wow!

Just played through Crysis on Delta difficulty level.

Best FPS I have ever played, bar none. Game seemed a little easy for the hardest difficulty level. The stealth power makes it ridiculously easy but I tried not to use it.

The final carrier section, especially at the start where you are walking around and you have time to look at things, well that's were I could truly say the graphics here are head and shoulders above anything I have ever seen. And i was only running it on all 'High' settings in XP.

Anyway, what a blast, looking forward to doing it all again.
2 x Leadtek 8800GTX SLI
Loreman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-07, 11:19 AM   #2
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Just finished the game on Delta!

What makes Delta so hard?
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-07, 11:34 AM   #3
conroejoe
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loreman
Wow!

Just played through Crysis on Delta difficulty level.

Best FPS I have ever played, bar none. Game seemed a little easy for the hardest difficulty level. The stealth power makes it ridiculously easy but I tried not to use it.

The final carrier section, especially at the start where you are walking around and you have time to look at things, well that's were I could truly say the graphics here are head and shoulders above anything I have ever seen. And i was only running it on all 'High' settings in XP.

Anyway, what a blast, looking forward to doing it all again.

Why would you not use the suit powers? Thats what makes Crysis different than a standard shooter.
conroejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-07, 11:37 AM   #4
Bearclaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by conroejoe
Why would you not use the suit powers? Thats what makes Crysis different than a standard shooter.
QFT. Those suit powers are badass.
Old 11-14-07, 12:43 PM   #5
wrathofgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm
For one, I don't think there are any crosshairs in Delta difficulty. Not sure what the other changes are.
wrathofgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-07, 12:54 PM   #6
agentkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathofgod
For one, I don't think there are any crosshairs in Delta difficulty. Not sure what the other changes are.
No granade and enemy indicators and it's possible that the enemies are a little tougher and more accurate. The binoculars/enemy scanner doesn't work as fast.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-07, 12:58 PM   #7
methimpikehoses

I beat Delta difficulty in 11 minutes, drunk, and with a joystick. It was too easy, and I yawned the entire way through it. Also I got 75FPS the entire time, maxed out settings and DX10.

U R PWND

I may be exaggerating here.
Old 11-14-07, 12:59 PM   #8
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm
The Koreans actually speak korean. Binocs just zoom and tag stuff, give no info, no grenade indicator, no crosshairs, suit power drains faster and the AI is supposed to be smarter

Welcome to the club Loreman, how long did it take you?

Its funny how some members think we are lying that we beat the game on Delta and that it didn't take us 20 hours to do so... just because you guys suck at video games doesn't mean that everyone else does

Old 11-14-07, 01:07 PM   #9
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Hmm. Might have to try it out on Delta first before I go through the entire game.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-07, 01:08 PM   #10
agentkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by LORD-eX-Bu
Its funny how some members think we are lying that we beat the game on Delta and that it didn't take us 20 hours to do so... just because you guys suck at video games doesn't mean that everyone else does
How long is the game on Delta? I know it depends on the way you play but if you play a mixture of stealth and run-n-gun and do all side objectives, it should still be an average of 10-15h, right?

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-07, 01:09 PM   #11
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

I beat it on delta the first run through, I didn't want to run into any english speaking north koreans

I took me two nights to finish the game, I was being stealthy for the most part and did all the side objectives... I'd say it took about 10 hours.. if I would have lowered the difficulty I could have probably knocked off an hour or two.

In the jungle I would avoid large firefights for the most part until I got to a good position that I could defend, when I came upon a village or a base I would go in stealthily or distract the enemy(with a big explosion or sniping some dude away from me), kill everyone and level everything.

You can only be stealthy up to a certain point in the game, after that it turns into just run and gun.
Old 11-14-07, 03:00 PM   #12
ralinn
Masters

I beat it on normal first so I have an excuse to play through it again when I get my new motherboard. Then I can finally use my second 8800GT and SLi them up.

Damn this bloody Gigabyte P35T DQ6, I bought it in a rush not thinking about if it supported SLi or not.

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote