Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-15-07, 09:13 AM   #25
ralinn
Masters
 
ralinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK, England, Portsmouth
Posts: 1,675
Default Re: Crysis Single player is so so...

Personally I thought it was fantastic and absolutely buried games like HL2. It just got better and better.

As for the scripted stuff... it's hardly a bad thing. If it stayed the way it was from the beginning, it just would have become boring, repetative and pretty much just another Farcry. Nothing new. Thank god that didn't happen.

Instead, the action and story just got better and better. To be honest, the hype was nothing like the hype behind Bioshock and Halo 3, but it blew them both out of the water.
__________________
(CPU) Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz @ 1600MHz (ASUSTeK Computer INC. P6T DELUXE mainboard) (RAM) 3GB (HDD) 931GB
(GFX) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 (1GB), 1680x1050x32, 59Hz (OS) Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium (SP1)

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 09:28 AM   #26
conroejoe
*BANNED*
 
conroejoe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 969
Default Re: Crysis Single player is so so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralinn
Personally I thought it was fantastic and absolutely buried games like HL2. It just got better and better.
I would agree with this if not for the performance. I am enjoying playing just hate having AA off and the low performance when all other games just fly.
conroejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 09:54 AM   #27
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer
 
FastRedPonyCar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 3,012
Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: Crysis Single player is so so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixteH
I have waited years for this game....now im not gonna even bother buying it....not for the time being anyway.

I want to see what DX10 is really like....Crysis was sposed to deliver this but it doesn't.

Overhyped imho.........
That's the dumbest thing I think I'll read all day... well mabey with the exception of China using recycled condoms for hair bands...

But I really don't comprehend why you wouldn't buy it. The game was not overhype in the least. The graphics got all the hype and it delivered what we were expecting with flying colors and loads of future upgrades to the shaders/engine potential.


no one cared one bit about the storyline of the game at ALL before we got the demo and now that people are thinking that the story doesn't match the splendor that the graphics deliver, a few are discrediting the game as garbage.

It's the first game besides farcry to do what it does as far as the open ended combat and the first of it's kind to give the player the ablity to alter combat with the nano suit.

Crytek set the bar so high with the graphics, the story was bound to fall short but it does a really good job of making a good effort to stack up next to the graphics and definately shows what's possible and what flexable outdoor combat can be.

And the people who are pissed that their subpar hardware can't handle the game maxed out need to grow up and realize that Crytek wasn't about to sell out and dumb down their vision of what a great game was supposed to look like just so guys with aged hardware could swing their e-penises around and boast that they were running it maxed out.

No they set the graphics bar for what a great game is supposed to look like and single handedly humiliated every other graphics engine to date. Since no one's computer at the moment is capable of running the game totally maxed out at a retarded high frame rate, we'll all just have to suck up our pride and enjoy it the best our PC's will allow us.
__________________
- Desktop -
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 10:18 AM   #28
Logical
Registered User
 
Logical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,523
Default Re: Crysis Single player is so so...

Youv'e misinterpreted my point........

I wanted to see DX10 running in all its splendor, like crytek promised us and as far as im concerned, Crysis doesn't deliver.

I can guarantee that we will see a better game (graphical and gameplay wise) than Crysis within 6 months.

Also i said that i won't buy it just yet....i want to see patches and drivers released for this game that will improve the performance...and they will come. The amount of times they put this game back to MAKE IT BETTER, i expected a lot more. When i play this game i want to play it smoothly with high graphics settings not just squeezing 35fps out on mediocre settings.

No point in saying its the dumbest thing you have read as it is my opinion and my computer is certainly not SUBPAR, to me your just being a fanboi.

And of course it's overhyped...what game marketed by EA isn't.....
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 10:35 AM   #29
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer
 
FastRedPonyCar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Montgomery, AL
Posts: 3,012
Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: Crysis Single player is so so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixteH
Youv'e misinterpreted my point........

I wanted to see DX10 running in all its splendor like crytek promised us and as far as im concerned Crysis doesn't deliver.
What were you expecting that you don't see here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixteH
When i play this game i want to play it smoothly with high graphics settings not just squeezing 35fps out on mediocre settings.
I don't see that happening on anything less than an ultra or pair of GTX's or pair of GT's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixteH
No point in saying its the dumbest thing you have read as it is my opinion and my computer is certainly not SUBPAR, to me your just being a fanboi.
No I'm just being realistic. GTX/GTS/Ultras are all based on technology over a year old which by any hardware point of view is extremely dated. It just happens that we've never had a game that could push them to their processing limits until now and people are getting their panties in a wad because their once almighty 8800's are now being brought to their knees.

Now, if whenever Nvidia releases their sucessor to the 8800's and we dont' see much of an improvement in performance then yes, it would be time to question Crytek's optimizations.

Fanboi's remain loyal to a particular obsession, disregarding any factors (often including logic) that differ from their point of view. While I think Crysis is a good game, it's not the best game I've played and by no means my favorite. I enjoyed COD4's story and content more than that of crysis. I liked HL2's story and content more than that of crysis. Heck, I enjoyed Oblivion's story and content much more than that of Crysis but the graphics alone in crysis deliver a totally unparalleled immersive experience with the environment that is untouched.
__________________
- Desktop -
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 10:44 AM   #30
Destroy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,994
Default Re: Crysis Single player is so so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar

But I really don't comprehend why you wouldn't buy it. The game was not overhype in the least. The graphics got all the hype and it delivered what we were expecting with flying colors and loads of future upgrades to the shaders/engine potential.


no one cared one bit about the storyline of the game at ALL before we got the demo and now that people are thinking that the story doesn't match the splendor that the graphics deliver, a few are discrediting the game as garbage.

It's the first game besides farcry to do what it does as far as the open ended combat and the first of it's kind to give the player the ablity to alter combat with the nano suit.

Crytek set the bar so high with the graphics, the story was bound to fall short but it does a really good job of making a good effort to stack up next to the graphics and definately shows what's possible and what flexable outdoor combat can be.

And the people who are pissed that their subpar hardware can't handle the game maxed out need to grow up and realize that Crytek wasn't about to sell out and dumb down their vision of what a great game was supposed to look like just so guys with aged hardware could swing their e-penises around and boast that they were running it maxed out.

No they set the graphics bar for what a great game is supposed to look like and single handedly humiliated every other graphics engine to date. Since no one's computer at the moment is capable of running the game totally maxed out at a retarded high frame rate, we'll all just have to suck up our pride and enjoy it the best our PC's will allow us.

QFT and I'll add a repost of what I stated on Rage:


This games hugest strong point is creative freedom. This game allows you to get to and execute a mission objective nearly any way you want.

Very good enemy AI makes this game great too. They DO notice fallen comrades, warn others, search, communicate, continually move, attack from behind and flank. As SirBaron mentioned, a certain enemy is very cool and amazing later on in the game and it's not due to lame added +1000 hit points of difficulty. I run away in fear for my life dozens of times in this game cause the AI just out surprises me.

The weapons may be standard fair but the amount of addon options for the weapons is a huge plus.

The story is a bit thin but the top notch 'being there' cut scenes, flow and variety of mission settings are all....well....top notch.

Sounds and atmosphere 2nd to none. Never felt more real trying to listen, survive and adjust to the surroundings both dead or alive. Some absolute chilling moments happen in this game.

Sure, like any other game, tons of things could easily be added to the game and make it better still. There could be no end to what could be added to ANY game, but what Crysis already contains is already quite varied and done extremely well.

Not liking the FarCry gameplay type in general is fine, but to say this game doesn't deserve a 10/10 for how well it does what it's trying to be is just plain wrong. Again, if Halo3 can get perfect scores for what that game tries to do, then Crysis easily deserves the same.
__________________

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 10:45 AM   #31
Logical
Registered User
 
Logical's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,523
Default Re: Crysis Single player is so so...

Lets face it, a few sun rays shining through the tree's is hardly a way to show off DX10.

When a game is built from DX10 up with no support for DX9, you will see what i mean...but at present time, this has still yet to happen.

Crysis was built for DX9 and like every other game claiming to be dx10 they just added a few more texture settings and better HDR lighting.

If everyone is happy with products like Crysis, then how would we get developers to raise the bar....if it weren't for critics we would still be playing pong
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 10:50 AM   #32
ralinn
Masters
 
ralinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK, England, Portsmouth
Posts: 1,675
Default Re: Crysis Single player is so so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixteH
Lets face it, a few sun rays shining through the tree's is hardly a way to show off DX10.

When a game is built from DX10 up with no support for DX9, you will see what i mean...but at present time, this has still yet to happen.

Crysis was built for DX9 and like every other game claiming to be dx10 they just added a few more texture settings and better HDR lighting.

If everyone is happy with products like Crysis, then how would we get developers to raise the bar....if it weren't for critics we would still be playing pong
Crysis HAS raised the bar by a heck of a lot, there's no doubt about it.
__________________
(CPU) Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz @ 1600MHz (ASUSTeK Computer INC. P6T DELUXE mainboard) (RAM) 3GB (HDD) 931GB
(GFX) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 (1GB), 1680x1050x32, 59Hz (OS) Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium (SP1)

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-07, 10:53 AM   #33
Chrisimo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 65
Default Re: Crysis Single player is so so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixteH
Lets face it, a few sun rays shining through the tree's is hardly a way to show off DX10.

When a game is built from DX10 up with no support for DX9, you will see what i mean...but at present time, this has still yet to happen.

Crysis was built for DX9 and like every other game claiming to be dx10 they just added a few more texture settings and better HDR lighting.

If everyone is happy with products like Crysis, then how would we get developers to raise the bar....if it weren't for critics we would still be playing pong
Could you tell me what features DX10 brings to the table that DX9 can't?
Chrisimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 11:05 AM   #34
SeriTonin
*BANNED*
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,349
Default Re: Crysis Single player is so so...

I've been disappointed by every big title this year, honestly.

Crysis visuals are growing on me, and I'll say hands down it's beautiful ...but it's a slow moving tech demo. The gameplay is meh imo.

Gears of War which I loved on 360 runs so stuttery on my machine its not worth loading up.

Unreal Tournament 3 imo is a bust. I'm getting bored of the gameplay and the visuals arent much to write home about.

Area 51 is a stuttering mess, runs like a dog and is pretty cliched.

Call of Duty 4 is scripted which is annoying, but aside from that, I just didn't care for it. Terrorism is as old and boring to me as ww2.

Even if games havent exposed it as much, the subject matter is everywhere so it feels very familiar.

I'm suprisingly enjoying the summer hits more than the fall ones.

Stranglehold, Bioshock, Lost Planet. All those are great fun o me.
SeriTonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 11:07 AM   #35
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!
 
Gaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Denmark
Posts: 3,143
Default Re: Crysis Single player is so so...

TrixteH why give a flying crap about whether crysis is DX10 or not when it's so orgasminizing graphically in DX9 already? Seems like a bizare and utterly pessimistic to focus on when we finally have one of the greatest FPS ever that didn't disappoint..
__________________
---MAIN GAMING RIG from MID SEPTEMBER 2007, MOBO+CASE+FANS UPGRADED APRIL 2009, GRAPHICSCARD UPGRADED MARCH 2010---
Case: Antec P182 case + 3x 120mm Scythe Slipstream SY1225SL12M @ ~900 RPM
Motherboard: Asus P5Q Deluxe
CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
OS: Windows 7 Professional 64bit
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 11:22 AM   #36
hell_of_doom227
Registered User
 
hell_of_doom227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,387
Default Re: Crysis Single player is so so...

A game is overhyped, unoptimised, poorly coded, terrible story line...not worth a penny from my pocket and i ain't buying it.

Timeshift is much better game for me, just finished it. The game is perfectly executed. Displacement and parallex mapping are done great and use of shaders.
__________________
System: eVGA x58SLI x16 4Way Classified, Intel Six Core i7 X980@4.00Ghz, 6Gb GSkill DDR3-1600, Tri Crossfire 3xATI Radeon 5870 1Gb, Raid1 - 2xSSD Intel 80Gb X-25M, Raid0 - 2xHDD Samsung 2Tb, Raid1 - 2xHDD Samsung 1Tb, LG Blue-Ray/HD-DVD Player, Silverstone 1100W PSU, Intel Stock Cooler (New One), Thermaltake Xaser VI, LG 27" LCD, Logitech Keyboard G15, G5 Logitech Mouse
OS: Windows 7 x64

35708 - 3DMark Vantage
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dmv=2109601
hell_of_doom227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Gamers Still Want Single Player Experiences, Says Eidos News Archived News Items 0 06-24-12 11:30 AM
Crysis 3 preview News Gaming Headlines 0 06-16-12 07:20 AM
Crysis 3 E3 trailer features Psycho, Prophet, slow-mo nano bow News Archived News Items 0 06-05-12 07:00 AM
Now Available - Crysis 2 Maximum Edition News Archived News Items 0 05-29-12 05:30 PM
UT 2003 single player setup error HunterA3 NVIDIA Linux 6 10-07-02 12:14 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.