Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-15-07, 06:54 PM   #13
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!

Default Re: My Complete Review of Crysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvin Presler
It wasn't my intention to get your panties in a bunch. I just find it funny that I can run this game at settings so low that it looks far worse than FarCry and at a much lower resolution than I would play FarCry and still get frame rates, way, WAY below the "playable" zone. It makes no sense, and I sure wouldn't go spend $1200 on hardware upgrades when I know all that would do is allow me to play it looking the same as FarCry at something like 26 frames per second...still unplayable in my book.

Hell, I'd sooner just play FarCry again. That's all this is anyway is Far Cry redone.
Yes it IS funny and as I said too bad to be true. I think your software/driver setup is faulty somehow.
CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 06:58 PM   #14
conroejoe
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3rninater

ALSO: This game was made for DX10 64bit, so this thread is a bunch of crap.

errr? DX10 performance is lower that is widely known, 64-bit over 32-bit has shown no performance increase. Where are you getting your information? Its not correct.
conroejoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 07:04 PM   #15
SwedX
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUSEN7900GTX
well guys don´t flame him not everybody can love and enjoy Crysis so please it is his point of view. So Let him have it but yes i know many are whining about it and perhaps from their Point of view it is justified.

Sure we can and laugh as much as we want to, the dude is moron.

Come here and bitch with hardware that is way out of line..what did he expect, this is the ABSOLUTE bleeding edge and if he hang around here he obviously should know a thing or two about how it all works

I say go play Pong you idiot or buy a console!
SwedX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 07:10 PM   #16
hell_of_doom227

Quote:
FarCry

Crysis

Enough said.
I hope and i wish all best for you in your life. Nobody nailed it better. Dude, i totally agree with you. This is most ****ing boring overhyped unoptimised crappy game...
System: eVGA x58SLI x16 4Way Classified, Intel Six Core i7 X980@4.00Ghz, 6Gb GSkill DDR3-1600, Tri Crossfire 3xATI Radeon 5870 1Gb, Raid1 - 2xSSD Intel 80Gb X-25M, Raid0 - 2xHDD Samsung 2Tb, Raid1 - 2xHDD Samsung 1Tb, LG Blue-Ray/HD-DVD Player, Silverstone 1100W PSU, Intel Stock Cooler (New One), Thermaltake Xaser VI, LG 27" LCD, Logitech Keyboard G15, G5 Logitech Mouse

35708 - 3DMark Vantage
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dmv=2109601
hell_of_doom227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 07:14 PM   #17
hell_of_doom227

Quote:
It wasn't my intention to get your panties in a bunch. I just find it funny that I can run this game at settings so low that it looks far worse than FarCry and at a much lower resolution than I would play FarCry and still get frame rates, way, WAY below the "playable" zone. It makes no sense, and I sure wouldn't go spend $1200 on hardware upgrades when I know all that would do is allow me to play it looking the same as FarCry at something like 26 frames per second...still unplayable in my book.

Hell, I'd sooner just play FarCry again. That's all this is anyway is Far Cry redone.
Dude i totally agree with you, and don't listen morons telling that you need a better hardware. Here is the thing, you can have ****ing 2 x quad intel core 2setup with SLI 8800Ultra and this crap won't even run close to 40FPS. That's called poor coding. Now, since i'm programmer for 10-15 years now, that's totally unacceptable from my point of view.

EA Games/Crytek = bunch of morons...

This game lacks good story and it's basically Far Cry all over again. Timeshift owns this game...
System: eVGA x58SLI x16 4Way Classified, Intel Six Core i7 X980@4.00Ghz, 6Gb GSkill DDR3-1600, Tri Crossfire 3xATI Radeon 5870 1Gb, Raid1 - 2xSSD Intel 80Gb X-25M, Raid0 - 2xHDD Samsung 2Tb, Raid1 - 2xHDD Samsung 1Tb, LG Blue-Ray/HD-DVD Player, Silverstone 1100W PSU, Intel Stock Cooler (New One), Thermaltake Xaser VI, LG 27" LCD, Logitech Keyboard G15, G5 Logitech Mouse

35708 - 3DMark Vantage
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dmv=2109601
hell_of_doom227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 07:21 PM   #18
Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_of_doom227

This game lacks good story and it's basically Far Cry all over again. T...
Did you actually finish the game? There is LOTS more to this game than just 'FarCry'. So far, last half of the game is nothing like FarCry at all.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 07:25 PM   #19
Elvin Presler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedX
Sure we can and laugh as much as we want to, the dude is moron.
I guess when you spend $1200 on two top of the line video cards, more on the latest multi core CPU and another small fortune for 4 gigs of overkill RAM, you just have to justify that somehow. Personally, I think anyone who spends that kind of money then comes here with 40 frames per second to show for it in the latest game is the real moron.

From what I am seeing, people that have the latest, greatest hardware are only getting like 28 frames per second in this game. You can call me names all you want, but at the end of the day, neither of us are playing this game at anything close to what I call playable, the game is still just a remake of FarCry and I still have my $1600.

Oh, and I did try it on high settings just to see what it would look like. It still looked worse than FarCry.
Elvin Presler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 07:26 PM   #20
Q

I'm sick of the Crysis bashing as much as the next guy, but he has made a somewhat valid point.

Just look at those two shots. IMO, the Farcry shot looks better. It's not 100% apples to apples comparison wise, but its pretty darn close.

I'm running Crysis just fine on my rig and it looks gorgeous most of the time. I'll take the nice IQ at 30 over Farcry at 90. But really, the game should scale much better on lesser systems. For his system, either the frame rate OR IQ should be higher than it is in the Crysis shot. I understand that there is more going on in terms of AI and Physics.... but hasn't it been proved that the game is much more demanding on your GPU than your CPU? It doesn't even begin to really tap dual or quad core processors.

Point being is this: Lower IQ should never equal lower FPS regardless of what two games you're comparing. At the quality settings at which Crysis is running in that screenshot, there should be much better performance. Obviously he would have a better experience in terms of IQ and FPS if he had a better system, but he should be able to enjoy Crysis at Farcry level IQ and have a playable frame rate.
Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-07, 07:27 PM   #21
mumstheword

Someone give this guy an 8800gtx so he can shut up.
mumstheword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 07:34 PM   #22
Severian126
Y SO SRS?

Quote:
God, I sure hope so! Your rig must have cost as much as a 1 year old used car. If I had the rig in your signature, I would expect no less than 140+ frames per second in any new game on the market. If you don't get that...the game is crap or your an idiot for forking over that kind of money for hardware like that. You choose.
Grats, you just called most of the people here idiots. Maybe you didn't realize what kind of forum this is, and there are plenty with specs comparable to mine.

The gameplay may leave much to be desired considering the hype, but that's just my personal opinion. As for the performance, if it's not this game, it'll be another. Get used to it. If you have a passion for gaming, PC or whatnot, this fact is well known and we all love it enough to upgrade if need be. Whining about it certainly won't increase your PC's performance.

But I am with you on the unoptimization of this game. I think for the return in graphics, the hardware requirement is outlandish. Better coding is needed, and it is a mess. However that's just reality, and like I said before, driver updates and patches will hopefully fix it. As it stands now, this game is overhyped, the performance/ graphic return vs. price is shoddy, but hey, at least someone is trying to push the envelope. Hopefully it gets better with time.

And I think you need to curb your expectations, and if it's not met, well this IS a graphic card enthusiasts site first and foremost, so go and upgrade.

All in all, the game is still good, and certainly looks better than FarCry and plays better. Not the greatest thing ever, but meh. Give credit where credits due.

As for the price of my system, do your own research. That 1 year old used car you're speaking of must be relatively cheap!

EDIT: BTW, if I lower everything to that pic you posted, systems like mine can easily push past 60. I'm sure others can attest to that.
Processor: Core 2 Extreme QX6850 3.0GHz 8MB Cache 1066MHz FSB - OC @ 3.2 GHz Liquid Cooled
Memory: 4GB Low Latency DDR2 Performance SDRAM at 1066MHz - 2 x 1024MB
Motherboard: NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI Motherboard
System Drive: Extreme Performance (RAID 0) - 320GB (2 x 160GB) Serial ATA 1.5Gb/s 10,000 RPM w/ 2 x 16MB Cache
Storage Drive: 500GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ 16MB Cache
Power Supply: Alienware® 1000 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-FI

XBOX LIVE: Kungfujoe126 - Catch me on NBA 2K9!
PSN: Severian126
Steam: Sever126

Currently Playing: Fallout 3 (PC), NBA 2k9! (360), Dead Space (PS3), Silent Hill Homecomings (360), Fable 2 (360)

Quote:
Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who is in command here.
Severian126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 08:06 PM   #23
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumstheword
Someone give this guy an 8800gtx so he can shut up.
He dosent deserve one
let him wait until he gets a card that plays Crysis @120fps

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-07, 08:17 PM   #24
Elvin Presler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH64
He dosent deserve one
Not to mention, if you gave me 2 of them for SLI and the latest new dual core CPU (+ mainboard for it etc.), AND 3 gigs of the best RAM available, I'd still only be getting like 20 FPS and still be saying the exact same thing and posting the exact same screen shots.
Elvin Presler is offline   Reply With Quote