Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-16-07, 02:46 PM   #37
ASUSEN7900GTX

Default Re: My Complete Review of Crysis

well does anyone know why i canīt uninstall the old patches of far cry i get a MSI error what can i do except reinstall WIndows wich i ainīt all too keen to do
Asus P6t deluxe V2

"be to others as you want others to be against you"
some wiseass came up with it
ASUSEN7900GTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-07, 03:29 PM   #38
AngelGraves13

Crytek should change the min specs and just remove their bold statement of this game scaling back to 2 to 3 year old hardware. I also could not play it on LOW.

Where's the Carmack when you need him?
AngelGraves13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-07, 03:39 PM   #39
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwedX
True guys the doucebag doesent deserve better hardware, he is just a little wining bitch.

A real example what an IDIOT stands for, really pathetic.

Go play pong loser and STUFK!

Wow...look in the mirror man!

Douchebag, idiot, pathetic, loser...all seem to apply to the majority of your posts.

BTW, what does STUFK even mean?
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-07, 04:08 PM   #40
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Shut The Up **** K?
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-07, 04:28 PM   #41
eXcelon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retard Presler
Oh, and I did try it on high settings just to see what it would look like. It still looked worse than FarCry.
Yep, I have to agree with the OP. Far Cry looks as good as Crysis and runs better. The comparison shots are amazing though so... Oh yeah look how bad Crysis looks, it can't touch Far Cry. Give me a F***** Break!

Far Cry

Crysis (Obviously)

Everyone say it with me... RETARD RETARD RETARD!!!

Last edited by eXcelon; 11-16-07 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Comparison Shots
eXcelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-07, 06:06 PM   #42
ASUSEN7900GTX

so nobody knows why i canīt uninstall the old FAr CRY patches i get errors to right and left and no go tried to clean the registry but it is MSI that it complains about so i tried ot reinstall windows installer but i already had a newer version so donīt know what to do
Asus P6t deluxe V2

"be to others as you want others to be against you"
some wiseass came up with it
ASUSEN7900GTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-07, 08:45 PM   #43
Elvin Presler

Quote:
Originally Posted by eXcelon
*snip* Oh yeah look how bad Crysis looks, it can't touch Far Cry. Give me a F***** Break!

Crysis (Obviously)
I don't know how you guys get these super looking screen shots. Here is All settings on high on my rig, close as I could get to my original low setting screen shot. My frame rate is not even measurable. I can barely move, guns won't even shoot. I'd estimate it's like 1 frame per 5 seconds. And it really doesn't look very good still. NOTHING like these dreamy screen shots I see posted all the time. I suppose if you stand in just the right spot at just the right time, etc. etc.

Crysis All settings on high (no AA). Still just looks basically like FarCry to me except TOTALLY unplayable.
Elvin Presler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-07, 10:31 PM   #44
m3dude

so your saying this

looks the same as

also crysis on low looks better than far cry. the game assets are still much better looking
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-16-07, 11:16 PM   #45
Elvin Presler

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dude
so your saying this *snip* looks the same as *snip*
also crysis on low looks better than far cry. the game assets are still much better looking
I'm saying I think FarCry on high settings at 70+ FPS most definitely looks and plays better than Crysis on low settings at something like 18-24 FPS. Yes. Especially when it's in motion while you play. Screen shots can't really capture how "wrong" it looks.

I fully realize the textures are actually better and all, but with the bells and whistles turned off, as they must be to get a playable frame rate on anything less than the cutting edge top of the line rigs (even that is debatable), those nice textures look like steamy, stank ass. It looks like a screen full of paper confetti or something instead of leaves and grass. It looks like they took the textures and lighting out of Tomb Raider 1 and used them, only a WHOLE lot of them crammed really close together.
Elvin Presler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-07, 11:32 PM   #46
m3dude

u specifically said crysis on high settings looks just like far cry to you. im not even sure how to respond to something so ridiculous. crysis on low is pushing many many times more polies than far cry ever did, its running with much better textures, much further draw distance, and tons more shaders. i just played a bit on low and it definitely looks better than far cry ever did
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 01:03 AM   #47
Airbrushkid

Far Cry looked more like a cartoon.
Intel Q9550 l eVGA NForce 780i SLI FTW l 2 Palit GTX 560 Ti 2 GB SLI l Corsair Dominator 8 gig PC2-8500 l 2 - Intel X-25M 80 gb SSD Raid 0 l WD 1 -2TB & 2 -1TB l On board sound l Antec TruePower Quattro TPQ-1200 1200W l Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit l 3 X Dell E248WFP 24" Monitors
Airbrushkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 01:19 AM   #48
evox
:3

Quote:
I fully realize the textures are actually better and all, but with the bells and whistles turned off, as they must be to get a playable frame rate on anything less than the cutting edge top of the line rigs (even that is debatable)
while you do have a point regarding performance, please understand that Crysis is a really new game. Crytek got their hands on drivers and SDK quite late, Crysis's performance is going to improve. slowly, but surely. give nVidia/Crytek some time. also, you're forgetting that FarCry is pretty old and any GF7 card (above 7600 series) can easily give very playable frame rates. honestly, it's just illogical comparing both, they're just too different. if the performance bugs you this much, just buy PS3/X360

Quote:
those nice textures look like steamy, stank ass. It looks like a screen full of paper confetti or something instead of leaves and grass. It looks like they took the textures and lighting out of Tomb Raider 1 and used them, only a WHOLE lot of them crammed really close together.

really?
evox is offline   Reply With Quote