Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-17-07, 02:47 PM   #1
Noodles

Default My Crysis Multiplayer Review - enjoy~

Some people may have sold their own soul to get a Crysis MP Beta Key, and others may have registered to fileplanet for 7 bucks... Nonetheless, the Crysis Multiplayer Beta was an extravagant release event. With such a good review, despite its many glitches, fans knew that they could count on Crytek for some solid gaming with the official multiplayer release.

Crysis introduces an mp that, though is very Battlefield-esque, brings many new features to the table. This mode is called Power Struggle. First, as usual, you select whether you want to play on the North Korean or American team. (Remember, this isn't a Team Deathmatch, and I've come to find that strategy varies GREATLY between the two teams on a map) From there you'll select a spawning position, most likely your TEAM BASE, or HQ if you prefer, if the game has just begun. And if it has, you'll want to make sure you have some time to play, because each round is 1 HOUR. (It flies by!)

Scattered along the map are several icons, that may seem hard to find at first, but by clicking O on the keyboard, your HUD will display the direction and distances to each of these places represented by different icons. This is extremely useful, as the largeview map is both hard to interpret and STAGNANT, atleast by default, and this can make finding your way around difficult for us compass styled map users. Obviously, each icon is a capturable flag of some sort.

North Korean/USA Flag - Places you don't want to go, out of cloak, unless your running in with a nuke tank.. lol

The Flag - this is a bunker, capture it simply to gain a spawn point... you can also purchase weapons at these, as in any factory.

The Tank - a war factory, where you may purchase and build many types of land units, from humvees with machineguns, to trucks and tanks, and anti aircraft assault vehicles. This building introduces one of the many unique features of the Crysis MP... Never again will you be teamkilled just before you hop in a tank!

The Helicopter - similar to the war factory, however it builds choppers and vtols! VTOLS ROCK!

The Lightning Bolt and the Atom - These two flags go hand-in-hand. There are 3 lightning bolt flags to each map. That's one feature that will not change. The longer you hold them, and the more of them you hold, you will increase your knowledge in alien and better technology. Once this technology is unlocked, the only place to find and buy it...
The Atom...aka the Prototype Facility, bring you Tactical Nukes, FreezeRays, and Miniguns OH MY!

Each flag has a set value, depending on its worth to your team. You are rewarded in PRESTIGE POINTS, which is the wealth measuring unit in this game. FLAGS aren't worth much, Bolts are worth around the same as the war factories, and you'll get the most PP from the Prototype Facility.

You are also granted income! Another great new feature we haven't seen. You rank up, not over the internet like BF2 and not perpetually as in COD4, but per game...Remember, you are putting an hour into this! Everyone starts on the same grounds, pvt-s have an income of 125, capped, sgts 200 uncapped, so on and so forth.

"SO NOODLES, HOW DO I WIN?!"

This is most unique of all, you win by DECIMATING THE ENEMY BASE WITH NUCLEAR BOMBS! You can win by getting one nuke off on their base and having the time run out... or by completely annihilating it with 3 nukes.. (that may or may not depend on the level, but I'm pretty confident it doesnt vary)

Ties are quite common in this mode of play... so if you're only in it for winning..

INSTANT ACTION

Why this is called instant action, who knows... anyway you slice it, this mode of play just isnt too satisfactory... It takes everything you learned in power struggle, crumples it up into a nice paper ball, throws it in the toilet and flushes...

Still, its really a deathmatch, and you can't expect too much... but spawning with no weapon can really SUCK when someone else as already found the minigun! No buying, nothing to capture, just find guns, pick them up, don't bother to customize them though! cause HEY, you're dead already.

It still feels like CRYSIS, but with an Unreal Tournament style of play.

PROS

New features that completely blow away the competition!

User-friendly Helicopters and Nuclear bombs in an FPS.

The Alien Technology is very fun to run around with, so much, I found myself freezing everything! I love unlimited ammo

Same nano suit as in single-player! Don't have to work your way up to it either, thank god. Thats an idea that was pre-beta.

Best way to kill an hour of time, and not realize it. Plays at a perfect pace.

All Beta Glitches Fixed! +1 For streamlined gameplay.

CONS

No Team Deathmatch!!!!!!!! Sure it plays like a Battlefield game, and running off BF's basic concepts... But why introduce a DEATHMATCH aka Instant Action, if you arent going to introduce TEAM DEATHMATCH... 2 words: Cop Out

Destructable Enviornments?? Crysis has limited DE's to it's Single Player. I completely understood this.... it would be a lagfest on online servers if everything was as destructable as SP... This worked for me, alllll the way up until my tank came to a SURPRISING HALT when it got some damage smashing face first into a STOP SIGN!!!!! Its a tank Crytek? COP OUT!!!!!

Don't worry, the vehicle damage system has not changed! (this should be a pro)

Laggy Servers: No matter what the ping, it seems hard to avoid lag.. Im talking, some serious lag, The events you'll see lag are few and far between, but its enough to really distress the hardcore and casual gamers alike. If you don't play often and you find the one time you do play to be a lagfest, its gonna hurt, if you do play often and your game is being crushed by lag...its going to hurt.
WestDigi 7200 rpm 320g
WestDigi 7200 rpm 250g
Asus PK53 Deluxe mobo

^That's 4 years old, YIKES! time to upgrade!
Noodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 02:50 PM   #2
Noodles

Default Re: My Crysis Multiplayer Review - enjoy~

All-In-All

I give it an 8.5 (I gave SP a 10)

Winning its major points in Concepts/Playability/Replayability/Uniqueness

Losing points with lazy developers, with excuses like "trying to give people the ULTIMATE SP EXPERIENCE".

But patches may bring this up to a 9
WestDigi 7200 rpm 320g
WestDigi 7200 rpm 250g
Asus PK53 Deluxe mobo

Old 11-17-07, 05:35 PM   #3
Dulak

Thanks for that indepth review noodles!
Dulak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 06:29 PM   #4
Zeus666

So no destructable enviornment even on DX10 servers ?!

I'm disappoint : (
Zeus666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-07, 10:58 PM   #5
Noodles

^ tell me about it!!!

and no prob for the write

it was a bit of a rushjob, but i think i got some good points across for yah
WestDigi 7200 rpm 320g
WestDigi 7200 rpm 250g
Asus PK53 Deluxe mobo

Old 11-19-07, 02:37 AM   #6
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Is there any kind of CTF in this game?

That'd be freaking awesome.

CTF in Battlefield 1942 was amazing. I haven't played CTF on huge open maps since then. It works surprisingly well. Its really a shame most games don't do it anymore.
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-07, 09:31 AM   #7
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!

MP is actually pretty good
CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-07, 09:47 AM   #8
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"

Send a message via MSN to gulizard Send a message via Skype™ to gulizard

I give it a ****ing -10... This game was a waste of my hard earned cash. I felt so ripped off, when I jumped into an AA vehicle and fired, and it simply just exploded, and then I thought maybe I did something wrong, nope second time it happened again... Completely useless.

The VTOL you can run around and rape with, it requires no skill, and they've reversed the helicopter controls from BF2, have the time the helicopter blades do not even look like they are spinning, and to top that off you have ONE invert mouse button, and seeing as the helicopter is reversed from everything else, once you've died you have to uncheck the INVERT MOUSE option to be able to play...

People who get the nukes either A) kill their whole team, B) fire it at one person, or C) fire it at their feet when they are about to die in hopes of killing maybe just one person...

The weapons feel like junk, theres no advantage to getting the better, no simply buy a sub machine gun and save your money, as it does just as good as the other weapons.. Who even needs a weapon, spam claymores and grenades much more effective.. This game needs a lot of work the bugs are phenomenal, it makes me wonder if EA pays the developers to release a buggy game, because it seems EA are the only publishers that release games with that many bugs. BF2 is a perfect example.

Instant Action is COMPLETE junk. I mean the maps are so small.. People spawn behind you... I mean granted I did go 30 and 3, but people spawned right with me... Theres no point to it, its usually depending on the server, 15 minutes of what seems to be a cross between UT death match, with the exception that you start out with nothing but a pistol, and assuming you can get to a gun, in my case none of my victims really were able to get to anything you die within seconds of having it, so at the end of the day its a pointless game... Ranking system seems to be a scam, seeing as how even the servers without the little ranks next to the name, you still advance through the ranks. I suppose gamespy has some sort of stat tracking... haven't seen it anyway...

Old 11-20-07, 11:05 AM   #9
Gaco
L4D & DoW2 ftw!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulizard
I give it a ****ing -10... This game was a waste of my hard earned cash. I felt so ripped off, when I jumped into an AA vehicle and fired, and it simply just exploded, and then I thought maybe I did something wrong, nope second time it happened again... Completely useless.

The VTOL you can run around and rape with, it requires no skill, and they've reversed the helicopter controls from BF2, have the time the helicopter blades do not even look like they are spinning, and to top that off you have ONE invert mouse button, and seeing as the helicopter is reversed from everything else, once you've died you have to uncheck the INVERT MOUSE option to be able to play...

People who get the nukes either A) kill their whole team, B) fire it at one person, or C) fire it at their feet when they are about to die in hopes of killing maybe just one person...

The weapons feel like junk, theres no advantage to getting the better, no simply buy a sub machine gun and save your money, as it does just as good as the other weapons.. Who even needs a weapon, spam claymores and grenades much more effective.. This game needs a lot of work the bugs are phenomenal, it makes me wonder if EA pays the developers to release a buggy game, because it seems EA are the only publishers that release games with that many bugs. BF2 is a perfect example.

Instant Action is COMPLETE junk. I mean the maps are so small.. People spawn behind you... I mean granted I did go 30 and 3, but people spawned right with me... Theres no point to it, its usually depending on the server, 15 minutes of what seems to be a cross between UT death match, with the exception that you start out with nothing but a pistol, and assuming you can get to a gun, in my case none of my victims really were able to get to anything you die within seconds of having it, so at the end of the day its a pointless game... Ranking system seems to be a scam, seeing as how even the servers without the little ranks next to the name, you still advance through the ranks. I suppose gamespy has some sort of stat tracking... haven't seen it anyway...
Dude ranks are like ETQW you gain experience to start with more prestige points and the ranks reset after each level. It has nothing to do with gamespy or a global ranking system

I don't really like instant action, but I'm having a blast with Powerstruggle
CPU: Intel Core2 Q6600@3.3ghz w. Noctua NH-U12P
RAM: 4Gb Crucial Tracer PC-8500
Graphics: XFX Radeon HD 5970 Black Edition
Harddiscs: 2xRaptorX 150gb 10.000 RPM in RAID0
Soundcard: X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
Sound: Sennheiser HD600 Headphones + headamp
Keyboard: Logitech DiNovo Edge
Mouse: Razor Orochi
Monitor: Samsung 2232BW (22" 1680*1050)
Gaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-07, 08:13 PM   #10
Noodles

I recently noticed the blades stop spinning glitch.

However...These are all things that may easily be fixed by the upcoming patch.

Other than that, I think your problem is that you are playing on unadministrated servers..

Easy fix.

Your complaint about the weapons...well maybe you are just not as good... I find every weapon noticeably different.
WestDigi 7200 rpm 320g
WestDigi 7200 rpm 250g
Asus PK53 Deluxe mobo

Old 11-21-07, 04:48 AM   #11
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulizard

+1

It's like they did a last minute job to get the multiplayer side of it out....completley sucks every way possible.

The hardened online FPS players will immediantly turn there noses up at this trash.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-07, 05:12 AM   #12
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Didn't they have a beta test for the multiplayer? lol... man... must have been even worse because the retail MP is buggy as hell... sometimes I respawn, sometimes I have to hit multiple buttons to finally get the damn spawn timer to work.

90% of the time my rockets go right through tanks... so fun.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote