Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-17-07, 07:34 PM   #1
2wiced

Default Not TOO SHORT BUT ITS AMAZING!!!

Just finished crysis, don't how long it took me but all ig otta say is the game was AMAZING!! i love it, I am surely going to play it again this time on Delta mode!
I hope everyone enjoys it as much as i do, i didnt think the ending was that bad, kinda liked how it ends, gives you hope and prepares you for more!!!!!!!

i love the soundtrack the game has. Good music.
2wiced is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 07:39 PM   #2
parecon

Default Re: Not TOO SHORT BUT ITS AMAZING!!!

I think I'm half way through, just got dropped off the kill the AA guns. But I'm in love with this game. It's just as I had hopped. large scale jungle and foliage areas, granted I'm running it at high-very high, I like the action sequences... and really, nothing else to say except I love the gameplay in those mindblowing jungles. It takes me awhile to get through levels because I just explore every corner just fascinating walking through the foliage...

My only gripe is that, I'm playing on hard and some of the enemies do some pretty stupid things.

| Intel E67oo @ 3.4 | EVGA nForce 68oi SLI | EVGA 88oo GTX Superclocked @ 634.1010 | 4 GB G.Skill DDR2 8oo | 15o GB Raptor | X-Fi XtremeMusic |

| AMD 48oo+ X2 | Asus A8N-SLI Premium | XFX 79oo GTX EE | 2 GB OCZ Titanium DDR 4oo | 15o GB Raptor | WD 5oo GB |Audigy 2 ZS Platinum |
parecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 08:34 PM   #3
2wiced

I know what you mean, lol sometimes i walked in circles cuz everything looked the same. I love using cloak in the jungle and attacking the guys. cant wait for crysis 2 ill buy it right away!

im running it on very high tweaked settings, i have a 8800gts, but for some reason really liked window mode....no clue why.
Old 11-18-07, 09:15 AM   #4
Dreamingawake
*BANNED*

i fully agree. this game is absolutely stunning. i just got home from my honeymoon last night, and fired up crysis on my the rig in my sig.

on my vacation i was playing it on a laptop on medium details. ran pretty
good! was smooth and all, but last night i was floored all over again.

playing @ 1280x1024, everything on high with the dx9 tweaks it never
slowed down. everything is responsive and fast, it's just incredible. i love
using speed to run around and blast enemies with the shotgun before
they have a chance to figure out where i am.
Dreamingawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-07, 10:41 AM   #5
Destroy

Spoiler details below....

Best part is EASILY the night graveyard scene with the Korean nano suit guys. That was so amazing!!! Last time I felt so moved was the Unreal corridor scene where the lights sequentially went out; Crysis was much better .

Dark moon light night time with me slowly walking into the grave yard area and notice my foot steps sound a bit louder than normal, I stop in my tracks to listen and look. Sure enough, I hear faint rustling of foot steps. I keep still and look around carefully. Mid way in the graveyard I see a shadow flicker across a grave stone. Staring at that area I see the shadow appear again but closer. The moon lit shadow is earily and slowly coming towards my way yet I see no one.

In a half panic, I look around for where the shadow source can be coming from. I still see nothing. WTF?! I immediately cloak and move over 15 feet to get a different angled look. I zoom in with my scope and way further back past the initial shadow I see a dark slick figure jumping then standing on top of a tall grave stone. By now I'm totally freakin' out. I zoomed in further.

I'm like am I seeing things? It looks like a guy in a nano suit and he don't seem friendly!! HOLY SHEET!!! I run for my life looking for a good cover spot screaming in my head like a little girl while all hell breaks loose as they attack.

I ended up dying several times cause they were so badass fully using the suit powers. I finally outsmarted them a bit and barely survived in a white knuckled panic state.

Fantastic stuff.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-07, 01:32 PM   #6
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Beat it today aswell ... fantastic game!

now i want a mod to give all weapons/vehicles in SP just like the demo mods. i want to enjoy the TAC weapon , tank & the AA unit!

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-07, 03:51 PM   #7
2wiced

haha, i loved the nano suit part too!!! i saw the shadow on the ground nad was like.. tahts not me...what the f is going on? next thing i know im gettin shot at. lol

I loved the part after the tanks! where you have to walk up the mountain! oh god that river loooked soooooo beautiful i got shot while i was looking at the surrounds cuz i didnt think there would be KPA there.
Old 11-19-07, 01:52 AM   #8
v3rninater
Blowin up since 1969

I'm stuck on the damn alien lvl, after it goes zero g. How the hell do you get past the blower wall!?
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.4ghz 1600fsb || Gigabyte P45 EP45-UD3R stable as a rooock! || 4gb G-Skill DDR2 PC8500 5-5-5-15 || EVGA 580-GTX 1.5gb || Creative Fatal1ty Xram Sound Card 7.1 ||G-Skill Phoenix Pro SSD 120gb|| WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || 2x Samsung DVD burner 16x DVD+\- || Corsair 620watt PSU
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit (640gb hd)

AMD Phenom II X6 T1090 || Gigabyte GA880 || 4gb G-skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 || MSI 8800 Ultra o/c || WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || ASUS DVD Burner || XFX 750 watt PSU

LG 60" 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV 60PS11
Xbox 360
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-07, 02:35 AM   #9
2wiced

what blower part? that part was sooo f ing confusing lol i just floated around and looked at things... loved to shoot aliens. Are you at the part where u have to blow up the orange looking generators? that blower part?
Old 11-19-07, 08:06 AM   #10
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3rninater
I'm stuck on the damn alien lvl, after it goes zero g. How the hell do you get past the blower wall!?
To shutdown the blowers you need to shoot their power generators (orange colored).
if you are talking about the energy shields/walls then you should wait next to them , they open briefly then close again.

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-07, 11:07 AM   #11
saguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy
Dark moon light night time with me slowly walking into the grave yard area and notice my foot steps sound a bit louder than normal, I stop in my tracks to listen and look. Sure enough, I hear faint rustling of foot steps. I keep still and look around carefully. Mid way in the graveyard I see a shadow flicker across a grave stone. Staring at that area I see the shadow appear again but closer. The moon lit shadow is earily and slowly coming towards my way yet I see no one.

In a half panic, I look around for where the shadow source can be coming from. I still see nothing. WTF?! I immediately cloak and move over 15 feet to get a different angled look. I zoom in with my scope and way further back past the initial shadow I see a dark slick figure jumping then standing on top of a tall grave stone. By now I'm totally freakin' out. I zoomed in further.

I'm like am I seeing things? It looks like a guy in a nano suit and he don't seem friendly!! HOLY SHEET!!! I run for my life looking for a good cover spot screaming in my head like a little girl while all hell breaks loose as they attack.

I ended up dying several times cause they were so badass fully using the suit powers. I finally outsmarted them a bit and barely survived in a white knuckled panic state.

Fantastic stuff.
Those nano suit guys are tough on hard. I did not die once but it took me over an hour to kill them and I came close to running out of ammo. For some reason rockets and grenades do not seem to damage them so shooting was the only option. The thing I love about this game is the pacing, one moment you are slowly and methodically stealth killing from a distance and the next you are blasting away like a madman.

I love sniping and I use the strength power but was wondering if there is a key that steadies your aiming when scoped. I actually prefer a bit of scope movement as it requires more skill.
saguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-07, 11:18 AM   #12
methimpikehoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by v3rninater
That's where I'm at...