Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-19-07, 11:32 AM   #13
WeReWoLf

Send a message via MSN to WeReWoLf
Default Re: Not TOO SHORT BUT ITS AMAZING!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SH64
Beat it today aswell ... fantastic game!

now i want a mod to give all weapons/vehicles in SP just like the demo mods. i want to enjoy the TAC weapon , tank & the AA unit!
Which level would you like them on? They're extremely easy to mod into the game.
WeReWoLf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-07, 12:01 PM   #14
Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saguy
Those nano suit guys are tough on hard.
<SNIP>
I love sniping and I use the strength power but was wondering if there is a key that steadies your aiming when scoped. I actually prefer a bit of scope movement as it requires more skill.
Crouching, then further yet, going prone calms down the aim a bunch.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-07, 01:23 PM   #15
Monolyth
Meow Mix Kills

I just got out of "The Cave", and wow, the game-play rapidly changes, phew. I was white-knuckled all the way through "The Cave", crazy stuff and such attention to detail I love it. I love how the cruiser was laying at the bottom of the docks and I could swim down and look around.

I found the graveyard to be pretty easy and was rather disappointed. Some well-placed shots to the head in quick order downed them quickly. I've found their nano-suits work just like yours, the armor degrades and regens. So be sure when you engage not to slow-up on your attacks. I also noticed that if you can keep them in stealth (not on mini-gun guys of course) shoot them in the head before they can switch to armor and you can get a 1-shot kill. Also get close and they will switch to strength and not armor and you can shoot them up much easier (mini-guns guys of course don't apply again).

I found it takes generally 3-shots of gauss to the head to kill armored dudes, 1-shot to the head w/gauss for stealthers.

So far I've enjoyed the freedom of the game and the versatility of changing how the game plays based on how you approach a patrol and how you use the suit. So far my favorite is single-fire silenced head-shots from cloak.

"Cloak Engaged"
"Aim, fire, head-shot, death."
Regen power a bit.
"Cloak Engaged"

Rinse & repeat. The AI is pretty stupid in most places when I do this; sometimes they don't even notice their own guy is dead. There's nothing better then sitting in the dense forest and popping rounds off at an unsuspecting patrol who has no idea what to do, hearing them scream in anger as I kill their friends, then leaving one all alone, and walking up slow, grasping him by his throat and lobbing him against a tree. I feel like a mix of Rambo & the Predator...

BTW I've found about 4 tortoises so far.

Storage 2.0
Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3-iSSD | Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz NH-D14 | 16GB G.Skill@1600Mhz | Areca 1880ix-16 RAID HBA
Temp Storage - 1.8TB (4x450GB Hitachi 15k RPM SAS) | 18TB (12x3TB Hitachi RAID10) | HSPC Tech Station | Corsair HX620 | Windows 7 x64
Monolyth is offline   Reply With Quote