Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-16-03, 02:15 PM   #1
budd_wm
Grrrrrrrrrr......
 
budd_wm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 252
Default How to Fry a Geforce FX

This is why I'm not getting a Geforce FX. You gotta read this...

http://www.pcekspert.com/articles/127-1.html
__________________
System Specs:
Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz, just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.
budd_wm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-03, 02:25 PM   #2
gokickrocks
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 409
Default

thats probably what happened to my FX that i had to RMA
__________________
"never argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience"
gokickrocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-03, 02:40 PM   #3
zakelwe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 768
Default Re: How to Fry a Geforce FX

Quote:
Originally posted by budd_wm
This is why I'm not getting a Geforce FX. You gotta read this...

http://www.pcekspert.com/articles/127-1.html
Is that really the reason or is it because you stumbled across something on the world wide web that as an Ati 9700 user you'd thought you'd have " a dig " ?

Screensavers were popular until powersave came into being a few years back which not only saves your screen but actually lowers the power consumption and saves the planet
zakelwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-03, 02:41 PM   #4
zakelwe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 768
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by CoWBoY
Man, that sucks.

You all might want to keep a Class C fire extinguisher next to the case if you gotta run somewhere fast.

Class C Extinguishers are suitable for use on electrically energized fires. This class of fire extinguishers does not have a numerical rating. The presence of the letter C indicates that the extinguishing agent is non-conductive.

I wonder if UL will get involved in this anytime soon?

UL - Underwriters Laboratories, Inc.

UL Standards including Electrical and Non-Electrical Standards and Draft Standards, and UL Directories of Certified Products: Automotive Burglary Protection Mechanical Equipment Directory; Building Materials Directory; Electrical Appliance and Utilization Equipment Directory; Electrical Construction Materials Directory; etc.

You all be careful now.
JUMPING ON THE POPULISTIC BANDWAGON

Yawn
zakelwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-03, 02:44 PM   #5
marcocom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Posts: 224
Default

might need a fire extinguisher because your on the first graphics card clocked over 1ghz ever. the thing could possibly melt into a glowing ball of molten lag and children should be told to never handle it while loaded.

also its coupled with the meanest GPU active cooling ever built by a gfx company and included with the card and can be known to scare away the elderly with its whine and fire off car alarms in the middle of the night while you blister away at GunMetal.

sweet.

i wish they made sex toys.
marcocom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-03, 02:47 PM   #6
Solomon
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In a House
Posts: 502
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by marcocom
might need a fire extinguisher because your on the first graphics card clocked over 1ghz ever. the thing could possibly melt into a glowing ball of molten lag and children should be told to never handle it while loaded.

also its coupled with the meanest GPU active cooling ever built by a gfx company and included with the card and can be known to scare away the elderly with its whine and fire off car alarms in the middle of the night while you blister away at GunMetal.

sweet.

i wish they made sex toys.

LOL!!!! That's good... Hehe. "I wish they made sex toys!" Haha.

Regards,
D. Solomon Jr.
*********.com
Solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-03, 02:50 PM   #7
saturnotaku
Apple user. Deal with it.
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: The 'burbs, IL USA
Posts: 12,502
Default

They could call their new line of sex toys the GeForce F(se)X!
saturnotaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-03, 03:03 PM   #8
zakelwe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 768
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by CoWBoY
Still denying the truth... yawn,


http://service.futuremark.com/compare?2k1=6024728

Considering your 3dmark2001 score is so bad with a 9700 I suggest you go and sort the rest of your rig out whilst DX7 games are what everyone plays.

Unless you play DX8/DX9 3dmark03 all the time of course, in whidh case you will get 4000+ and be able to proudly aclaim it in your sig
zakelwe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-16-03, 03:15 PM   #9
zakelwe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 768
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by CoWBoY
Wow, could I be pissing you off? And why are you bringing my budget system specs into it? Did you not read my post about why I benched this system?

You have no control over your emotions either now do you?
That's a poor repost my friend.

You're not pissing me off, how can I be when I am eating you for breakfast ?
zakelwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-03, 03:21 PM   #10
zakelwe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 768
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by CoWBoY
Glad you acknowledged one response from my post there canibal...lol.

I can tell you where to begin eating me at...
I'll start at your mouth, its the biggest part LOL

heh heh
zakelwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-03, 03:24 PM   #11
budd_wm
Grrrrrrrrrr......
 
budd_wm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 252
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by zakelwe
Is that really the reason or is it because you stumbled across something on the world wide web that as an Ati 9700 user you'd thought you'd have " a dig " ?

Screensavers were popular until powersave came into being a few years back which not only saves your screen but actually lowers the power consumption and saves the planet
No, I guess that wasn't the main reason I wasn't getting the FX, but that's a good one nonetheless. The main reason I went with ATI is because their AIW products are badass, and an AIW 9700 is superior to a GeForceFX in that it's quieter, is the best choice for home theater (which is what I'll use it for down the road), and I don't see any FX cards that have as many features as an AIW has. This was off topic, but hey, you asked.
__________________
System Specs:
Gigabyte 8INXP - Pentium 4 2.8@3.4 - 1GB Corsair 3200 XMS - Enermax 550W PSU - 2 80GB WDs 8MB cache in RAID 0 array - 36GB Seagate 15.3K SCSI boot drive - ATI AIW 9700 - M-Audio Revolution - 16x Pioneer DVD slot load - Lite-On 48x24x48x CD-RW - Logitech MX700 - Koolance PC2-601BW case - Cambridge MegaWorks 550s - Mitsubishi 2070SB 22" CRT

Our Father, who 0wnz heaven, j00 r0ck!
May all 0ur base someday be belong to you!
Give us this day our warez, mp3z, and pr0n through a phat pipe.
And cut us some slack when we act like n00b lamerz, just as we teach n00bz when they act lame on us.
For j00 0wn r00t on all our b0x3s 4ever and ever, 4m3n.
budd_wm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-03, 03:32 PM   #12
zakelwe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 768
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by budd_wm
No, I guess that wasn't the main reason I wasn't getting the FX, but that's a good one nonetheless. The main reason I went with ATI is because their AIW products are badass, and an AIW 9700 is superior to a GeForceFX in that it's quieter, is the best choice for home theater (which is what I'll use it for down the road), and I don't see any FX cards that have as many features as an AIW has. This was off topic, but hey, you asked.
Can't argue with that .. AIW is excellent

I sometimes wonder if the pig that is nvidia can't **** the goat that is Ati.

But nobody would want to buy a $699 piat of course.

And things would stagnate.
zakelwe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What You Can Expect From GeForce GRID News Archived News Items 0 06-04-12 04:20 PM
Enhance Max Payne 3, Diablo III with GeForce R300 Drivers News Archived News Items 0 05-22-12 06:30 PM
New GPU from Nvidia Announced Today, the GeForce GTX 670 News Archived News Items 0 05-10-12 01:50 PM
Gainward Unleashes the Sexy GeForce GTX 670 Phantom Graphics Card, Also launches the News Archived News Items 0 05-10-12 09:28 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.