Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-22-07, 07:28 AM   #37
evox
:3

Default Re: Crysis was released too early

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoneyguy
I agree with the statement that Crysis was released to early. My opinion on this has nothing to do with the hardware side however. I just feel the game had a craptacular "Oh darn we ran out of time so lets roll credits here" ending. A game should have some kind of closure even if they want to leave some things open for a sequel. This game has no closure at all. Your in the game and then BAM! credits....
Apparently, they plan to make it a trilogy so....
Quote:
"The game is designed as a trilogy, so you have two more instalments to come and the ending [of the game] is planned deliberately. But I cannot answer any more questions here please as we want to keep some surprises for you all," Yerli told fans in a recent IRC chat.
evox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-07, 08:27 AM   #38
Stoneyguy
Mechwarrior

Send a message via MSN to Stoneyguy

I can understand that they want to break the story up into a trilogy, but every good trilogy has a clear break in it. Rather it be a Movie or a Game there is usually a clear main objective and when the objective is met there is some sort of resolution. That was missing from this game.

One of these kids is doing his own thing. One of these kids is not the same. Now it's time to play our game!

What character doesn't belong:

Neo Haxors teH Matrix
Luke cripples Deathstar
Master Chief stops the Flood
Nomad.... plays errand boy the whole game, defeats some monster never seen or hinted to before, credits roll....
Stoneyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-07, 10:18 AM   #39
JasonPC

I think there's a little closure (in a negative, bleak way) in the fact that the aliens just wiped out an entire fleet of the US Navy.
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-07, 10:35 AM   #40
Hoopla

Quote:
I can understand that they want to break the story up into a trilogy, but every good trilogy has a clear break in it..
I thought that the break was very clear. You had the first big encounter with the aliens, setting up things for the next chapter.

Funny that I didn't hear so much complaining about Half-Life story lines, which are... ummm... not existant.
Old 11-22-07, 10:42 AM   #41
Madpistol
It's a wittle baby!

Send a message via AIM to Madpistol

Quote:
I can understand that they want to break the story up into a trilogy, but every good trilogy has a clear break in it. Rather it be a Movie or a Game there is usually a clear main objective and when the objective is met there is some sort of resolution.
Funny that you say that... Portal ended very abruptly too, but almost everyone hailed it as one of the best games they've ever played. Yet, most people put that ending with Crysis and they're like "**** this sucks!!!"

I'm starting to see a pattern here... Once a hater, always a hater.

MadPistol's Rig

AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE (RB-C3) @ 4Ghz, 1.425 Vcore, 1.25V NB VID
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme (w/ Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm fan)
Gigabyte UD3H AM3 790GX motherboard
XFX Radeon HD 5870
PNY XLR8 2x2GB CL8 DDR3 1600
G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2GB CL8 DDR3 1600
Soundblaster X-Fi Fatality Titanium
OCZ Vertex II 120GB SSD (OS drive)
Western Digital 500GB Caviar (black)
Western Digital 640GB Blue
Samsung DVD burner
Logitech MX performance mouse
Logitech G15 keyboard
Corsair HX 750-watt Modular PSU
Antec Nine Hundred case
Windows 7 Home Premium x64
ASUS MK241 24" LCD
ACER X241W 24" LCD - RIP
Madpistol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-07, 02:58 PM   #42
Stoneyguy
Mechwarrior

Send a message via MSN to Stoneyguy

I've yet to finish Portal, but I never got any hint that there was a story driving it. Some graffiti on the wall made a little backdrop for the game, but in no way did I feel propelled by any story. I just considered it a puzzle game.

I don't hate Crysis at all. I loved playing the game. That's what made the ending sting so much. I also hated the ending to Half Life as well, though the ending to Half Life 2 wasn't as bad.
Stoneyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-07, 03:40 PM   #43
noko
noko

Visually I've havn't seen anything as good as Crysis with settings I can play with, so Crytek did an outstanding job there. DX10 is not usuable on my system, it crashes so I tend to agree Crytek released the DX10 version too early, rest of game is kick ass.

Foxconn 780G, Athlon64 X2 5600 @ 3ghz, Mushkin 4gb DDR 800 OCZ 2x2gb , eVga 260 GTX. 17" MagAcer LCD, 120gb Vista 32
noko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-07, 07:56 AM   #44
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

Quote:
What character doesn't belong:

Neo Haxors teH Matrix
Luke cripples Deathstar
Master Chief stops the Flood
Nomad.... destroys alien mothership crippling alien forces, credits roll....
There was plenty of closure; it just wasn't what we wanted. The game did have a proper ending and was one hell of a cliff hanger but yes, nomad was responsible for destroying a critical element of the alien forces. Are there more of those ships? no way to know for sure... I'd think not though as that would sort of ruin the allure of destroying the first one.

The huge question I have is where all those flying aliens were going. When teh lightning flashed, you could see thousands of them up in the sky flying off to who knows where. Is it our job to go get prophet and then leave the island and go fight aliens in the 2 remaining games? Are we going to be required to go totally eradicate the rest of the alien base in the mountain?

We don't know but not having closure at the end of the first game is false IMO.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote