Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Home Theater A/V

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-21-07, 04:02 PM   #1
Ruined

Thumbs down Blu-Ray Disc Association sinks to new low with childish YouTube attack ads!

Just when you though you've seen it all, it has been confirmed that the Blu-Ray Disc Association has launched (un)professional viral attack ads against HD DVD on YouTube:
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/new...ticle_id=11591

Desperation has set in, perhaps, with no answer to the $199 HD-A3?

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz CPU | Intel G965WH mobo | 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-667mhz CAS5 RAM (1066MHz FSB) | BFG GeForce 285 GTX OC 1GB | Dell E228WFP 22" DVI-HDCP LCD Monitor | 1TB Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Main Drive | 500GBx2 Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Scratch Drives in RAID0 | Western Digital RE3 1TB SATA2 Media Drive | External 2TB Western Digital MyBook Backup Drive | Adaptec eSATA 3.0gbps PCI-E interface | Sandisk External 12-in-1 Flash Card Reader | LG GGC-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD writer | LG GGW-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD/BD writer | Microsoft E4000 Ergonomic Keyboard | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Antec P182 ATX Case | Thermaltake ToughPower XT 850w modular PSU | KRK RP-8 Rokit Studio Monitors | Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Ruined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-07, 06:00 PM   #2
Wavern

Default Re: Blu-Ray Disc Association sinks to new low with childish YouTube attack ads!

They looked pretty professionally done.. and how are they viral? I mean it's not like they tried to make it look like they were just bluray enthusiasts making videos and gosh, look at the grassroots effort by our fans or something.

They're obviously made professionally, have the animated bluray logo.. they're advertisements for the format.

Boohoo.
Wavern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-07, 10:34 PM   #3
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Default Re: Blu-Ray Disc Association sinks to new low with childish YouTube attack ads!

But HOW DARE THEY ADVERTISE!

BURN THE BASTARDS!
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-07, 10:40 PM   #4
Zelda_fan

Well, it's [BD] an inferior format in just about every aspect, so if they actually told the truth in their commercials the thing wouldn't sell.

Doesn't really surprise me. BD certainly won't sell due to the quality/value of the product, might as well try to brain wash morons who aren't literate enough to read reviews.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-07, 10:43 PM   #5
Zelda_fan

[HD]: We have a $199 HD player.

[BD]: lol Oh yeah? Check out this 1337 v1d30 where this guy puts his HD-DVD player in the junk closet. loLZ!!! U don't standa chance!

----10 years later----

[Zelda_fan] - yeah, I'd like a whopper with cheese

[former CEO of BD] - would you like fries with that?
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-07, 10:45 PM   #6
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
Well, it's [BD] an inferior format in just about every aspect, so if they actually told the truth in their commercials the thing wouldn't sell.

Doesn't really surprise me. BD certainly won't sell due to the quality/value of the product, might as well try to brain wash morons who aren't literate enough to read reviews.
Makes sense... I mean... DVDs aren't selling anymore and HD-DVD has clearly become the new format of choice.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-07, 10:54 PM   #7
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined
Just when you though you've seen it all, it has been confirmed that the Blu-Ray Disc Association has launched (un)professional viral attack ads against HD DVD on YouTube:
http://www.homemediamagazine.com/new...ticle_id=11591

Desperation has set in, perhaps, with no answer to the $199 HD-A3?
very lame, childish attacks, just prooves they are loosing and now are resulting in lame attacks.
Old 11-21-07, 11:58 PM   #8
Zeta

Any one who didn't find those ads funny is a fan boy. The ads are funny as hell.

(I only have an HD DVD player for the record)
Zeta is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-22-07, 12:08 AM   #9
XxDeadlyxX
STALKER!!!!!!!!

Those ads aren't even funny... just lame.
Main PC [Core i7 980X @ 4.3GHz] [Gigabyte X58A-UD7] [7TB of HDDs] [2x Inno3D GTX 480 SLI @ stock] [12GB Team Xtreem 7-7-7-24 @ 1500mhz] [Antec 1200] [Alienware AW2310 (general use/3D Vision) and Samsung 46B650 @ 1080p24] [X-Fi Forte] [Pioneer Blu-ray BDC-S02] [Silverstone Strider 1500W] [Creative Gigaworks S750 7.1] [Windows 7 x64] 3DMark Vantage - 38010
XxDeadlyxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-07, 12:14 AM   #10
Rakeesh

I favor neither format, and I think these commercials are dumb.

These remind me of those cable vs satellite commercials where cable tries to poke fun of satellite even though satellite has been taking their customers left and right over the last few years.

BTW what happened to VHS in that second one? They skipped it.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-07, 05:45 AM   #11
betterdan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
[HD]: We have a $199 HD player.

[BD]: lol Oh yeah? Check out this 1337 v1d30 where this guy puts his HD-DVD player in the junk closet. loLZ!!! U don't standa chance!

----10 years later----

[Zelda_fan] - yeah, I'd like a whopper with cheese

[former CEO of BD] - would you like fries with that?
good one
Old 11-22-07, 09:28 AM   #12
Tr1cK
not coming back

The junk closet was actually funny when they decided to put a Sony Betamax in there.

GG Sony, you flippin retards.
Tr1cK is offline   Reply With Quote