Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-24-07, 11:42 AM   #1
MowTin

Default Cevat Yerli Sucks as a Game director?

**Warning: RANT**

Cevat Yeril sucks as a game director. Far Cry could have EASILY been the best FPS of all time but he watered down the game by forcing you indoors with mindless Trigens. After all the complaints and reviews which all said the same thing, "this game would be so much better without the Trigens and indoors gameplay" he does it again.

Crysis is TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAMES. The first game is about attacking or sneaking into heavily guarded bases. You can blow up houses. Jump on rooftops. Steal vehicles and run people over. Grenades are blowing up with battle dust and beatiful sun rays all around you. You have awesome jungle fights. You can choke people and throw them at other enemies. You have so many different ways of attacking the enemy.

In the second half--no more sneaking and cloaking--no grenades-no blowing up houses--no jungle fights--no cloaking--you can't grab or choke the aliens--no bases to sneak into--NO FREEDOM.

In the second half, many times I tried to get into a Jeep but couldn't. I couldn't get into the forklifts. I couldn't fire the TAC unless directed.

The TAC needs to "lock on." You would think that if it's not locked on it would fire without any guidance ability but no. It just won't fire. A very low point in the game.

I still really love this game but I'm so pissed off that they went and made the exact same mistake as they did in FarCry. These are some basic game design mistakes. You don't completely change the gamplay midway through the game. I'm no game designer/director but even I know that.

And that's why Cevat Yerli sucks as a game director. (They should hire me )
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-07, 03:18 PM   #2
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Cevat Yerli Sucks as a Game director?

I agree. I mean taking away the freedom would have been awesome for in between levels, like the Tank Battle, a short trip inside the alien ship, manning a gunner turret. But to continue through to the end of the game was a little disappointing. I was aching to get back into the jungle with my Korean buddies.

I did like the idea of the TAC lock on. It's a special weapon and they wanted every shot to count. Otherwise you could have run out of ammo and become stuck.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-07, 03:38 PM   #3
ASUSEN7900GTX

freedom to the people go with flow freedom they´ll never take our freedom
Asus P6t deluxe V2

"be to others as you want others to be against you"
some wiseass came up with it
ASUSEN7900GTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-07, 04:05 PM   #4
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-07, 04:07 PM   #5
mumstheword

Uwe Boll should have been the game director.
mumstheword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-07, 04:13 PM   #6
Brimstone7

I don't think we can pin it all on this guy. Seems to me like they were running out of time and just needed to get the game out the door. All the evidence we have suggests there was supposed to be another chapter in the game where you make it back to the island, team up with the Koreans and lay the smack down on the alien ship. In that case, all of the linear parts would have just been put in the break up the game a bit and add some variety.

Anyways good points, I agree with everything you said, but I don't think we can pin it on this one guy. Not until he makes the same mistake in Crysis 2, anway!
Brimstone7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-07, 04:22 PM   #7
ChaoticNick
o hai

Send a message via AIM to ChaoticNick

Yea, I remember reading somewhere that you team up with the Koreans against the aliens. Oh well, maybe in Crysis 2.

Digg | Steam | Xfire
ChaoticNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-07, 05:21 PM   #8
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Yep much less freedom in the second half of the game which render it mostly useless to replay again.

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-24-07, 05:41 PM   #9
Bokishi
NV THIS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticNick
Yea, I remember reading somewhere that you team up with the Koreans against the aliens. Oh well, maybe in Crysis 2.
Yeah I remember that too
EVGA GTX 680
X-Fi Titanium HD
Intel 40GB SSD (SRT Cache)
Hitachi 1TB Boot HDD
7TB Storage HDDs
Coolermaster 750w
Bokishi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-07, 09:42 PM   #10
MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA

I think people as just to hard to please these days.....

It's a great game for me....even though its like really taxing on my system. Guess I just don't have too much expectations in life generally...including this game. The more you expect, the more you will get disappointed.
Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case
MUYA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-07, 09:52 PM   #11
SH64
MAXIMUM TECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUYA

It's a great game for me....even though its like really taxing on my system. Guess I just don't have too much expectations in life generally...including this game. The more you expect, the more you will get disappointed.
Correct.

- "My name is RAM and my tank is full"

http://warhawk64nv.mybrute.com/ <-- pupils go thaarrr! Or,
http://silenthunter64.mybrute.com
SH64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-07, 10:14 PM   #12
MowTin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUYA
Don't get me I wrong I still think it's PC GOTY. But it could have been an all time great game if it didn't go Call of Duty in the second half.

I'm hoping modders will fix it. When you get out of the cave you should find yourself behind alien enemy lines. You should sneak into an alien encampment to get an alien weapon. Something better than the crap ice shard gun. Something like the BFG in DOOM 3 or a plasma rifle. You should also find an alien power source to give your suit unlimited energy. Then you should go out and kick some alien ass.
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote