Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-24-07, 11:37 PM   #13
Richteralan
The Enigma

Send a message via ICQ to Richteralan Send a message via MSN to Richteralan
Default Re: Cevat Yerli Sucks as a Game director?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUYA
I think people as just to hard to please these days.....

It's a great game for me....even though its like really taxing on my system. Guess I just don't have too much expectations in life generally...including this game. The more you expect, the more you will get disappointed.
This is correct and unavoidable, and it is a natural trend.
The more game you play, the more you know what you are expecting from a new title, the more you are "experienced" in computer gaming.

I would think it is a merit rather than a deficit as this is also a continuous drive that push game studios to produce better quality games rather than rinse and repeat 78439225623489752934 times pac-man.
Richteralan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-07, 11:39 PM   #14
Richteralan
The Enigma

Send a message via ICQ to Richteralan Send a message via MSN to Richteralan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin
**Warning: RANT**

Cevat Yeril sucks as a game director. Far Cry could have EASILY been the best FPS of all time but he watered down the game by forcing you indoors with mindless Trigens. After all the complaints and reviews which all said the same thing, "this game would be so much better without the Trigens and indoors gameplay" he does it again.

Crysis is TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAMES. The first game is about attacking or sneaking into heavily guarded bases. You can blow up houses. Jump on rooftops. Steal vehicles and run people over. Grenades are blowing up with battle dust and beatiful sun rays all around you. You have awesome jungle fights. You can choke people and throw them at other enemies. You have so many different ways of attacking the enemy.

In the second half--no more sneaking and cloaking--no grenades-no blowing up houses--no jungle fights--no cloaking--you can't grab or choke the aliens--no bases to sneak into--NO FREEDOM.

In the second half, many times I tried to get into a Jeep but couldn't. I couldn't get into the forklifts. I couldn't fire the TAC unless directed.

The TAC needs to "lock on." You would think that if it's not locked on it would fire without any guidance ability but no. It just won't fire. A very low point in the game.

I still really love this game but I'm so pissed off that they went and made the exact same mistake as they did in FarCry. These are some basic game design mistakes. You don't completely change the gamplay midway through the game. I'm no game designer/director but even I know that.

And that's why Cevat Yerli sucks as a game director. (They should hire me )
I completely agree with you.
Same feeling as FarCry. Nice outdoor environment first half, woozy alien diving/mazing second half.
The game is fun but getting repetitive near the end of second half.
Richteralan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-07, 11:56 PM   #15
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"

Send a message via MSN to gulizard Send a message via Skype™ to gulizard

This game sucks because some idiot decided that the guards should see the dead bodies that you cannot move into the bushes. Yes the guards sometimes do come across a dead soldier and alarm the base, and other times you can shoot their partner next to them, and they just continue on as normal. So much for smart AI, seems pretty retarded to me.

Like I said whatever idiot decided that bodies shouldn't be interacted with ruined a good game, and Germany's law can blow me... Thats a stupid law, and a good way to remedy that is to MOVE from the country to another. Early games like Splinter Cell, and Hitman all had the ability to interact with the bodies. The whole drowning thing is pretty idiotic to... thats what turns me off to even wanting to play this game. The whole game revolves around Water, Sneaking, and lush environments. Yet they drown, and are act idiotic many times they even get stuck in a continuous loop. I saw one group attempt to turn around, and they failed to make the turn so instead of backing up they continue to floor the vehicle into the guard rail not going anywhere... and you can simply shoot the gas can on the back and blow them up.

As for being hard to please some of these games are unacceptable.. I mean graphics isn't everything. BF2 has hours of enjoyment if EA could just go back and fix the bugs. BFV to me was a pretty good game, it was a classic.. I enjoyed it.. BF1942 great game, hardly any bugs with it even when it came out. Theres a lot of games to compare to the crap we get today out of the box whats foul is 99.9% of the time the developers release these buggy games, and fail to listen to anyone but the whiners.. They don't listen to the smart ones who will give an opinion on every aspect of the game. We are still waiting for that J-10 in BF2 to be balanced, and the reason it got that way was because EA listened to the cry babies over the poor AA, the ones who wanted to jump into an AA gun and fire three shots and kill a chopper.. Now the AA is perfect ( I can avoid it) with pin point accuracy and the problem is that now any idiot can use it, rather then it requiring skill, and that also took away the balance between the planes seeing as they use AA missiles on them as well. Sorry for ranting off.

In Crysis MP buy AA and fire it once? You explode into pieces killing yourself. The VTOL is over powered, and the people abuse the nuke system.. The helicopters + VTOL are controlled backwards theres no separate invert mouse.. These are small things we expect to see..
Old 11-24-07, 11:58 PM   #16
gls5000

I'm definitely not enjoying the second half of the game as much as the first half.

Open-ended gameplay is one of the reasons why Far Cry and Crysis are so great so it's a shame it's watered down with the long linear sections.
ASUSTek A8N-SLI DELUXE Motherboard
2 x NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GTX 256MB in SLi
Windows XP
gls5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-07, 01:14 AM   #17
Jonelo

The problem is the sequence of the levels, - more linear and no intense open gameplay in the ending . The Aliens part is interesting for the story , but the game need more open gameplay levels versus the aliens or coreans . Only one o two more , before the aircraft carrier level .
Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-07, 03:12 AM   #18
MowTin

When I was in the alien ship at first I was like "WOW! This looks gorgeous!" But then it was more like "Yawn! This is so boring how do I get out here?!"

I was so happy to get out of there.

Then I got to the snow scene with alien mountain in the background and I thought, "Wow!" That really looked amazing. I thought I was going to be free to roam around this beautiful landscape and have some snow battles with the Koreans or aliens but it was not to be.
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-07, 03:32 AM   #19
SH0DAN
SGIRealityEngine

Send a message via ICQ to SH0DAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulizard
Early games like Splinter Cell, and Hitman all had the ability to interact with the bodies.

Early games ??? lol How long have you been playing on the PC?

The Thief series did it years before the previously mentioned titles did.But yes I agree,in that it took away from a otherwise,IMHO,great PC title.

I dont think the AI 'sucked' per say,but it was kinda 'spotty'
When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it. -Fred Bastiat-

The last official act of a corrupt government is to loot the nation.

When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
P. J. O'Rourke

------------------
Q6600 g0 @3.20Ghz 1.30 VOLTS||Tr ULTIMA 90I + ||2X1Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC6400 4-3-3-7@ 400 x 8
BFG 260gtx MAXCORE55 @ 690/1420/2377 ||Asus P5K-Deluxe WiFi AP||Corsair HX520||Nec 2470WNX-BK + LG 1751S|
Lian Li PC-65B + II||Western Digital 150GB RaptorX|| Samsung 750Gb HD x3|| WD 2500KS ||Samsung 183s||SB Audigy 2 ZS||Audio Technica ESW9's +red RSA Predator|G11+MX518
SH0DAN is offline   Reply With Quote