Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-28-07, 04:15 PM   #13
slick
Play with conviction.

Default Re: Wii sells 650k in 2 weeks

I guess I'm an exception to the Wii rule or something. I play the thing all the time. I love it.
Old 11-28-07, 09:41 PM   #14
Amuro
Newtype Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
gotta love the Sony anti-Wii spin machine.

Numbers don't lie.
Thing is most people that buy Wii are mostly casual or non-gamers that only buys 1 or 2 games a year if at all. I personally know quite a few people got it because of Wii sports, but never bought another game. Also, haven't you noticed ever since N64, the best selling titles have all been first party kiddy games from Nintendo? Wii is never gonna have the kind of 3rd party support seen on PSone/PS2.
Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P80 Black | Intel Core i7-3960X @4.3Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | G.SKILL Ripjaws X 4 x 4GB @1866Mhz CL9 |eVGA GTX 690 Hydro Copper | Cruscial M4 512GB SATA III SSD | WD VelociRaptor 300GB | Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB | Pioneer BDR-205BK 12x Blu-ray Burner | Creative x-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Sound Card | Corsair A1200 1200W PSU

Water cooled by Koolance ERM-3K3UC Cooling System
Amuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-07, 11:00 PM   #15
Xion X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoweredBySoy
There already is a ton of third-party support, and 95% of those are complete abortions pumped out by developers to make a quick buck because Nintendo has absolutely no quality control to speak of when it comes to restricting what gets released on the system. "Hey, look at that, you made a sh*tty game with colorful cartoon characters and hacked on motion controls! Suuuure, put it on our system!" Of course, there will always be the 1 or 2 first-party games a year that are must have.

Welcome to Nintendo.
You gotta be ****ting me with this mess--are you serious?

You want to talk about poor quality control? Take a look at Lair, which was a Sony studios title. Now that's a true piece of crap if I've ever seen one--especially after all the hype.

When Nintendo makes a good game, they make a good game. I don't see any PS3 titles getting 9.6s and up in reviews right now, while Wii has 3 of them.

I also know that PS3s are a dime a dozen right now in stores. You can find them everywhere but grocery carts pushed by homeless people. They just don't sell. Meanwhile, Wiis are going for 500+$ on ebay. That right there tells you which console is in higher demand.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-07, 11:58 PM   #16
Amuro
Newtype Ace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
You gotta be ****ting me with this mess--are you serious?

You want to talk about poor quality control? Take a look at Lair, which was a Sony studios title. Now that's a true piece of crap if I've ever seen one--especially after all the hype.

When Nintendo makes a good game, they make a good game. I don't see any PS3 titles getting 9.6s and up in reviews right now, while Wii has 3 of them.

I also know that PS3s are a dime a dozen right now in stores. You can find them everywhere but grocery carts pushed by homeless people. They just don't sell. Meanwhile, Wiis are going for 500+$ on ebay. That right there tells you which console is in higher demand.
They don't sell as many compared to Wii but they do sell a lot better now after the price drop, 350+K in a month is nothing compared to Wii's but is still quite a jump.

Aslo, Sony's first party games have always sucked since day 1 of PSone. It's the 3rd party games that made PS/PS2 a sucess. Nintendo on the other hand depends on their own first party games, and they do well with them. I'm sure that all of the 9.6+ rated Wii games so far are all Nintendo's production. Great, really, if you like these type of games. But for me, until they have some nice M rated games out there, I just don't care.
Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P80 Black | Intel Core i7-3960X @4.3Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | G.SKILL Ripjaws X 4 x 4GB @1866Mhz CL9 |eVGA GTX 690 Hydro Copper | Cruscial M4 512GB SATA III SSD | WD VelociRaptor 300GB | Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB | Pioneer BDR-205BK 12x Blu-ray Burner | Creative x-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Sound Card | Corsair A1200 1200W PSU

Old 11-29-07, 01:04 AM   #17
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro
They don't sell as many compared to Wii but they do sell a lot better now after the price drop, 350+K in a month is nothing compared to Wii's but is still quite a jump.
It's the holiday season on the MONTH AFTER THE PRICE DROP. This is the PS3's record month, and it still falls short of what the Wii did in one week.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-07, 01:19 AM   #18
Amuro
Newtype Ace

Quote:
It's the holiday season on the MONTH AFTER THE PRICE DROP. This is the PS3's record month, and it still falls short of what the Wii did in one week.
Does it really matter? Nintendo has said it themselves that they are not going for the same market as the PS3 and the 360.

Old 11-29-07, 01:29 AM   #19
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro
Does it really matter? Nintendo has said it themselves that they are not going for the same market as the PS3 and the 360.
They say that **** for public relations and you know it. They are all video game machines, and they all compete against each other. Very few people are "hardcore" enough to buy more than one system. Most people will only buy one next-gen system (or two at the most), and it looks like that "one" system will be the Wii.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-07, 01:48 AM   #20
Amuro
Newtype Ace

Quote:
They say that **** for public relations and you know it. They are all video game machines, and they all compete against each other. Very few people are "hardcore" enough to buy more than one system. Most people will only buy one next-gen system (or two at the most), and it looks like that "one" system will be the Wii.
Look at the games it has, they're mostly differnt comparing to the other systems. Anywho, people are buying Wii for Nintendo's first part efforts only, so Nintendo is and will be the only beneficiary of Wii's success. This hasn't been changed since the N64 days, really.

Old 11-29-07, 02:26 AM   #21
Saintster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
You can't find them anywhere in my area. Target told me they didn't expect any more in before Christmas, and CompUSA said they were too tough to find and wouldn't be getting any in.

Part of it is due to these pricks buying tens of them and selling them 150$+ over retail over the web. I didn't want to support them, but I finally ended up paying 100$ over retail for one off eBay because I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to get one elsewhere. I'm quite confident it'll be worth it, though. I considered a PS3, but there's just nothing on the system to play. Every blockbuster title Sony was counting on has flopped. Lair, Heavenly Sword, etc... while Mario, Zelda, and Metroid are scoring a 9.6+ from most review sites and being hailed as some of the greatest games ever made on a console.

There are lots of Wii's going for 500$ on eBay. It's nuts.
When i bought mine i should have bought 2 and sold one but I didn't want to be greedy some kid might want one for Christmas. I'm going to put mine up soon just not my type of games overall except for resident evil.
Saintster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-07, 02:27 AM   #22
Saintster

Quote:
I bought all three and the one I'm getting rid of is the Wii but hey it's nice that the one everyone passed over as a contender has taken the crown.
Saintster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-07, 02:32 AM   #23
Mr_LoL
Bush's Doppleganger

Does anyone have links to software sales for the wii?
Core i5 2500K@ 4.5, KFA2 GTX 570, Gigabyte Z68, 8GB Corsair XMS 1600MHZ, Antec Truepower New 650w, Coolermaster Storm Sniper, 1TB Samsung F1, Yamakasi Catleap 27", Samsung 245B, Asus Xonar DG...blah blah blah
Mr_LoL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-07, 06:37 AM   #24
SLippe
R.I.P. Babe Thread

I want a Wii.

I have found a few on craigslist in my area for $350.00, but I got wait until after the holidays.
SLippe is offline   Reply With Quote