Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-29-07, 07:01 AM   #25
Xion X2

Default Re: Wii sells 650k in 2 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro
They don't sell as many compared to Wii but they do sell a lot better now after the price drop, 350+K in a month is nothing compared to Wii's but is still quite a jump.
I wouldn't even buy one of their new "discounted" systems because they're no longer backwards-compatible like originally promised at launch. How much does that suck? Yeah, you get the price-drop, but you also get 2/3 of the system.

Quote:
Aslo, Sony's first party games have always sucked since day 1 of PSone.
I wouldn't say all that. They're not nearly as good as Nintendo's, but they haven't sucked. Medieval was a fine game as was Ico. I know that there have been some other good ones over the years. But what Sony's problem is--they rush things to market before they're ready after hyping the hell out of them. All you heard was "Lair, Lair, Lair.." and then they release this piece of crap that scores a 6.0 in reviews with clipping world textures and horrid framerate?

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24532.html

Sony's problem is that they're too focused on graphics instead of gameplay. They're too busy trying to turn the videogame business into a movie business.

It all started being about the games. Nintendo still realizes that.

As for mature rated games, I can get those on the PC.. don't need to have those on a console as well. But to each his own.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-07, 07:06 AM   #26
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_LoL
Does anyone have links to software sales for the wii?
I think Mario Galaxy sold over 500k copies in a week.

I think I read somewhere that most of the top 10 software titles sales-wise belong to Nintendo, but I don't have a link.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-07, 07:10 AM   #27
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_LoL
Does anyone have links to software sales for the wii?
here you go.

http://www.vgchartz.com/

Wii is leading the charts as expected
Old 11-29-07, 07:19 AM   #28
ralinn
Masters

Jeez, why do fanboys always argue with sales statistics. You have no ****ing idea how irrelevant sales statistics are to proving something better.

Sure it's interesting to know about the sales, but for the love of god why turn it into another "OmFg l0L ninTend0 pooooons uuu, <insert SKU> is L4mE" thread?

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-07, 07:23 AM   #29
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralinn
Jeez, why do fanboys always argue with sales statistics.
That's not entirely true. PS3 fanboys don't argue with sales statistics.
Old 11-29-07, 07:24 AM   #30
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro
But for me, until they have some nice M rated games out there, I just don't care.
Manhunt 2 is rated M. Personally I'd never touch the game as I think anyone who needs to play crap like that is a wannabe tough guy.
Old 11-29-07, 07:54 AM   #31
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralinn
Jeez, why do fanboys always argue with sales statistics. You have no ****ing idea how irrelevant sales statistics are to proving something better.

Sure it's interesting to know about the sales, but for the love of god why turn it into another "OmFg l0L ninTend0 pooooons uuu, <insert SKU> is L4mE" thread?

/agreed

I could have easily gotten a couple Wii's on Black Friday. My wife and I were the first 6 or so in line at a store. The worker outside asked if we were in line for a Wii, my response was "ah, no".

I'm not going to argue that the Wii is selling, but I think 2 or 3 years down the road it will be all but a memory, just another passed by fad. It's not going to get any support it needs and first party kiddie games won't keep it afloat forever.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-07, 08:19 AM   #32
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lIqUID
I'm not going to argue that the Wii is selling, but I think 2 or 3 years down the road it will be all but a memory, just another passed by fad. It's not going to get any support it needs and first party kiddie games won't keep it afloat forever.
You make the mistake of assuming becasue it doesn't fit your tastes, that it won't be successful. It's been out over a year and sold 15 million units. That's already more successful than the gamecube or original XBOX. There's no way that's a "fad."

Old 11-29-07, 09:09 AM   #33
sytaylor
Cerebral Barbarian

I dont think its a case of them going for different markets. More than the Wii spans two markets. The traditional nintendo crowd that bought the N64 and Gamecube are onboard, as well as the gameboy/DS/Sim City crowd who are enticed by its interface. As much of a gimmick as the thing could have been. Its working, and paying off. Nintendo's strategy of opening up new markets is wise, and market leading. Its the same reason guitar hero does so well.

The PS3 is in effect, selling to brand consumers who already decided they wanted one before it was released. Once those sales dry up next year they will need a price drop and an awesome exclusive games lineup. The question is, are MGS4 and GT5 enough?
Yuraku 24" Widescreen monitor

It saddens me that I need the following to post here:

Disclaimer: Any views expressed in the above post under the psuedonym "sytaylor" are entirely subjective and do not reflect the views of any business, company or entity associated with Simon Taylor. The use, copying of or editing of any materials within this post for professional purposes without written permission is stricly prohibitted under the UK Right of Privacy as provided in the Human Rights Act 1998 and the European Convention on Human Rights: Article 10 ECHR. Any attempt to use the information herin shall be subject to the Data Protection Act and Freedom of Information act, with damages being saught for defamation. This disclaimer applies to all text, images or media on this domain.

You have been warned.
My Blog
sytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-07, 10:24 AM   #34
PoweredBySoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
It's been out over a year and sold 15 million units. That's already more successful than the gamecube or original XBOX. There's no way that's a "fad."
You sure like to throw numbers and statistics around as your basis for argument - as "fact" to the reason why the Wii is a better console. But I think you're preaching to the wrong crowd. The Wii, and the vast majority if its library, is targeted towards non-gamers. The house wives, the bored girlfriends, the 11-year old that can't afford to buy his own console. Given the much wider audience, of course it's going to sell more.

I just think you might have better luck peddling your bullsh*t theories here: http://www.marthastuart.com/
PoweredBySoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-07, 10:50 AM   #35
tornadog
Keeper of the Faith

wii sells because it is good clean entertainment....you dont have to worry that ur kids will become psychos or slouches playing those games.
Old 11-29-07, 11:17 AM   #36
evilchris

It's amazing how the PS3 being a piece of crap makes people attack the Wii, a clearly superior gaming system.