Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-30-07, 04:26 PM   #13
Jonelo

Default Re: Deus ex 3 web site and forum

The developers says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary DeMarle
When I played the first game, I realized that so much of it is centered on the story that it automatically calls for a deep and interesting story line, and that was a big reason for me to want to be here and to work on it. Also the fact that [Eidos] games were very well recognized when they came out and built a lot of loyal fans. The development team saw opportunities to expand those games beyond their initial focus, and that's always a very interesting challenge: to create another version of something that is much loved, [a version] that will grow beyond it without upsetting the people who love it, and yet will be interesting to people who may not have liked it or may never have heard of it.

Originally Posted by Stephan Carmignani, level designer, worked on the hastily designed Dead to Rights II
We’re working on an existing franchise, but that doesn’t mean we’re going to come out with a certified copy: gamers would see right through that! We’re going to take what’s good about it – after all, the first game came out several years ago, and games and gamers have changed a lot since – and develop it so that people find it even more interesting.

It’s an ambitious type of game, and that’s what I like about it. Here, we’re passionate about creating video games. Before coming to Canada, I worked in England and in France, and I seldom worked on games of this calibre. It’s right up my alley, so I feel very lucky! I can pour a lot much more energy into this project because it’s a goal I can totally relate to. At the same time, you never forget you’re developing a product for a broad spectrum of the population. It’s like making a movie or any form of art: you’re doing something you like, and you hope that it will appeal to other people as well. [Deus Ex] is an outstanding game because of its quality, its style, its contents. It actually was a hit with a very small audience of highly passionate players. We want to reach those people again, while also giving the game a broader appeal.
Despite the "broader appeal" aspect, I really like his designs, with loads of cyberpunk inspiration and more specifically Masamune Shirow's works. Definitely the right person to work on DX3.

Originally Posted by Francois Lapikas, game designer, worked on Splinter Cell : CT and DA
Deus Ex is a game I played when it came out. As soon as I heard this was happening in Montreal, I had to be part of it! This is the type of game I like to play, it’s a really good challenge. What’s nice is that we’re not starting from scratch. We have a foundation to build on. We already know what worked and what didn’t, and that’s worth gold. The design stage was really great. In the first months of the project, we decided what we wanted to do, and what direction we wanted to take. Things go really smoothly with Jean-François Dugas [the lead designer]. Often, in a video game, people get lost right from the start because they haven’t clearly defined what they want to do, and that can drag on for years: you see projects where people still don’t know where they’re going after a year and half, two years.

Originally Posted by Jonathan Cooper, lead animator, worked on NARC (?)
When I did the interview, David [Anfossi] showed me the [development] schedule. In the upper left-hand corner, it was written "Deus Ex". I always take a job based on the project. It's not so much about the money and all that, it's, “What game are we going to be working on?”. That's what got me excited: the idea of working on a sequel to one of my favorite games. Also, it was in keeping with what I did in my previous job, so it's like the next step: I can take everything I learned and use it to make this game even better. I'm really excited about the project, I'm excited about where it's going and I'm excited about my part in it. People here listen to you and it's quite easy to get them on board. If they don't like it, you know they'll say so as well.
I'll wrap up with a quote from the QA part of the website, which is a fairly comforting sign if it's not bull**** :

We also test games from a highly creative – i.e. "entropic" – point of view, letting our brightest professionals throw around all sorts of bizarre, off-the wall ideas, sometimes simply fooling around with the games we develop.
Deus Ex 3 is using the new engine for Tomb Raider series

http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=176735

Quote:
Deus Ex 3 is using the new engine powering the Tomb Raider revival, the boss at Eidos Montreal has revealed.

"We chose the Crystal [Dynamics] engine because we plan to help develop this engine more and then share it back with the rest of the company, the other Eidos studios. Having that technology from the start gives us a great advantage and foundation for our coders - there are no doubts about the approach, and we have few uncertainties", Stephane D'Astous has told Develop in an interview.

"We just want to all work together on improving the same technology as we develop our game".
About Deus ex and Deus ex IW

Quote:
"We did our research to find out what worked well, what people enjoyed about it - especially the first game. The second was a success in the eyes of some, but had some ups and downs, so we've tried to identify what worked well in that game.

"Most importantly, we're extracting what worked well and can be applied now. In the five, six years since that series arrived technology has changed significantly and we have to be careful - we don't want to create more of the same. Instead we've identified the features that can be transposed well onto new technology that arrived several years later.

"It's a big mandate we have received - and we take it very seriously", D'Astous added.

The critically acclaimed Deus Ex is regarded by many as the finest PC game ever made, although sequel Deus Ex: Invisible War failed to live up to expectations.

Deus Ex 3 was confirmed earlier this week, the confirmation accompanied by a teaser trailer.
Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-07, 05:23 PM   #14
v3rninater
Blowin up since 1969

Now that they have the go-ahead, don't friggin worry about the hype, TAKE YOUR TIME WITH THE CANVAS MAKING THE MASTERPIECE. Of all games don't screw up DX because after IW, I'm starting to loose a lot of hope in this title.

Which sucks because DX1, I think, was a masterpiece of a game. Incorporated so much into a game from all aspects. Music, gameplay, customization (mind you, before the pimp my ride, and NFS junk), story/plot. It engulfed me for like a couple months straight. I would skip school to play DX, I mean it was that deep to me.
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.4ghz 1600fsb || Gigabyte P45 EP45-UD3R stable as a rooock! || 4gb G-Skill DDR2 PC8500 5-5-5-15 || EVGA 580-GTX 1.5gb || Creative Fatal1ty Xram Sound Card 7.1 ||G-Skill Phoenix Pro SSD 120gb|| WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || 2x Samsung DVD burner 16x DVD+\- || Corsair 620watt PSU
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit (640gb hd)

AMD Phenom II X6 T1090 || Gigabyte GA880 || 4gb G-skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 || MSI 8800 Ultra o/c || WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || ASUS DVD Burner || XFX 750 watt PSU

LG 60" 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV 60PS11
Xbox 360
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-07, 06:21 PM   #15
Severian126
Y SO SRS?

I feel somewhat out of place in the PC gaming community for not having played any of these Deux Ex games. Are they still good enough to warrant a purchase by today's gaming standards, and will they work under Vista 32?
Processor: Core 2 Extreme QX6850 3.0GHz 8MB Cache 1066MHz FSB - OC @ 3.2 GHz Liquid Cooled
Memory: 4GB Low Latency DDR2 Performance SDRAM at 1066MHz - 2 x 1024MB
Motherboard: NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI Motherboard
System Drive: Extreme Performance (RAID 0) - 320GB (2 x 160GB) Serial ATA 1.5Gb/s 10,000 RPM w/ 2 x 16MB Cache
Storage Drive: 500GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ 16MB Cache
Power Supply: Alienware® 1000 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-FI

XBOX LIVE: Kungfujoe126 - Catch me on NBA 2K9!
PSN: Severian126
Steam: Sever126

Currently Playing: Fallout 3 (PC), NBA 2k9! (360), Dead Space (PS3), Silent Hill Homecomings (360), Fable 2 (360)

Quote:
Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who is in command here.
Severian126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-07, 09:16 AM   #16
Jonelo

http://www.developmag.com/news/28882...-Midway-Austin

Quote:
Harvey Smith departs Midway Austin

Michael French November 30, 8:59pm

Creative director leaves studio "by mutual agreement"

Midway Austin's creative director Harvey Smith has left the studio.

A report on Gametap quotes Midway-Austin studio head Denise Fulton as saying the move was "by mutual agreement between Harvey and the studio."

It's not known if the news is connected to Smith's recent comments about Midway Austin's latest production, Area 51, at this week's Montreal Game Summit.

Smith painted the game's production as tumultuous (the game had been delayed and only recently released), saying the development was "f.u.c.k.e.d up".
Old 12-01-07, 01:03 PM   #17
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian126
I feel somewhat out of place in the PC gaming community for not having played any of these Deux Ex games. Are they still good enough to warrant a purchase by today's gaming standards, and will they work under Vista 32?
I have the original game on CD and it works fine in Vista x64. You have to do one or two tweaks to get the graphics to look good though as the game was originally meant for 16bit graphics cards in Glide so it looks like horrid crap in 16bit D3D mode on modern graphics cards.

I'm pretty sure you can buy it off of Steam now though, so its pretty easy to get a hold of.

You should pick it up if you like first person shooters or RPGs. Before you play it though, edit the deusex.ini line that says "FullscreenColorBits=16" to "FullscreenColorBits=32". I can't even stand looking at the game without that setting. There are also 3rd party openGL and direct3d drivers that make it look better on modern systems but I haven't honestly seen much difference with them. If you want to give them a try go here:
http://cwdohnal.home.mindspring.com/utglr/
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic
CaptNKILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-07, 02:24 PM   #18
wrathofgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by dante
Not getting sucked in again. Will try to ignore the hype until the game comes out. Expect the worst and hope for the best. I would be very enthusiastic IF the game was for PC only.
Same here.

Here's to hp[ing it's not another Invisible War...
wrathofgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-07, 03:43 AM   #19
mumstheword

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL
I have the original game on CD and it works fine in Vista x64. You have to do one or two tweaks to get the graphics to look good though as the game was originally meant for 16bit graphics cards in Glide so it looks like horrid crap in 16bit D3D mode on modern graphics cards.

I'm pretty sure you can buy it off of Steam now though, so its pretty easy to get a hold of.

You should pick it up if you like first person shooters or RPGs. Before you play it though, edit the deusex.ini line that says "FullscreenColorBits=16" to "FullscreenColorBits=32". I can't even stand looking at the game without that setting. There are also 3rd party openGL and direct3d drivers that make it look better on modern systems but I haven't honestly seen much difference with them. If you want to give them a try go here:
http://cwdohnal.home.mindspring.com/utglr/
Thanks for info. I've only played the deus ex demo when it was released, though it ran pretty bad with the video card I had at the time. I'm interested in playing this now. is there any texture mods?

nevermind, i found it:

http://offtopicproductions.com/hdtp/
mumstheword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-07, 10:03 AM   #20
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumstheword
Thanks for info. I've only played the deus ex demo when it was released, though it ran pretty bad with the video card I had at the time. I'm interested in playing this now. is there any texture mods?

nevermind, i found it:

http://offtopicproductions.com/hdtp/
I used an earlier version of that mod and it made the game run horrible.

The engine wasn't made to support the number of polygons they used in a lot of their models.

They may have optimized it by now though. I don't plan on using it personally. It'd just make things look out of place because they aren't doing enough of the textures. Only some characters, some weapons and some objects are planned for remodeling and retexturing.
ASUS VW266H 25.5" LCD - OCZ GameXStream 700W PSU - ASUS Xonar DX - Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Surround - Windows 7 Professional x64
---- HTPC ---- Asus M3A78-EM 780G - AMD Athlon X2 5050e 45W @ 2.6Ghz - 2x2GB Kingston PC2-6400 DDR2 - Sparkle 350W PSU
Seagate 7200.10 320Gb SATA - Seagate 7200.10 250Gb SATA - Athenatech A100BB.350 MicroATX Desktop - Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic

Old 12-02-07, 10:40 AM   #21
OldOfEvil
Parrots + Xanax =

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoopla
Let the hype begin...
+1

They're not getting my money again.
Old 12-04-07, 12:56 PM   #22
Jonelo

Well friends, Deus ex 3 not is for XBOX 360 or Playstation 3 , only for PC and .... the "next generation "

http://www.jeuxpo.com/afficher_news-10379.html

Quote:
. Then, the project should not be finished before two years.

We do not work on the current and on the previous generation . It is on next gen and PC. "
Old 12-04-07, 04:33 PM   #23
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

meh, its still gonna suck
Old 12-04-07, 04:38 PM   #24
CaptNKILL
CUBE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonelo
Well friends, Deus ex 3 not is for XBOX 360 or Playstation 3 , only for PC and .... the "next generation "

http://www.jeuxpo.com/afficher_news-10379.html
Holy crap. Thats unexpected.

Unless they are calling the PS3 and X360 next generation still...

Then again, I won't believe it till I see it in english.

Also, here is a new Deus Ex 3 interview. I'm reading it right now:

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3164708

EDIT: And there it is.
Quote:
what I can say is that our business plan here in Montreal, which was announced back in February of this year, basically we said that we are going to work only on triple A major titles and only on next-gen technology and PC.