Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-04-07, 04:07 PM   #13
Sabadin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 257
Default Re: New 360 Dashboard Update = Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent
When you try and play / stream an Xvid video from the dashboard (not Media Centre Extender) it should prompt you to download a free optional update, this adds Xvid support.
Well that would be great...if it would let actually try to use something other than MCE...360 tells me a I need to install software on my pc to stream wmp, installer website says "lol, vista doesn't need software" and runs me in circles.
Sabadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 07:16 PM   #14
Subtestube
Anisymbolic
 
Subtestube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Posts: 1,365
Default Re: New 360 Dashboard Update = Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabadin
Well that would be great...if it would let actually try to use something other than MCE...360 tells me a I need to install software on my pc to stream wmp, installer website says "lol, vista doesn't need software" and runs me in circles.
You need to enable media sharing - I believe that's actually integrated into the shell in Vista, but I don't know how to do it, apologies. If worst comes to worst, you should be able to just do it through WMP 11.

As for IPTV, I thought a provider in each territory needed to do that, and that MS has just added support for it, if a provider exists in a given territory? Could be wrong on that front, as we get nothing of any use at all with regards to video in NZ.
__________________
Dr Possible: Core 2 Duo E6400 on Gigabyte GA-965P-DS4. Galaxy GeForce 7600GT. 2GB Corsair XMS 2 DDR2-6400 RAM (CL5). ATi Theatre 550 Pro. Windows XP MCE. All stored in Piano black Antec Sonata II, with a broken door.

Mobile: ASUS M2400N, Pentium M 1.5 GHz. 512 MB DDR RAM. Intel EXTREME graphics. Windows XP SP 2 / Ubuntu 5.10.

Ridiculous DOES not have an 'e' in it. It comes from "ridicule" and has less than nothing to do with the colour red.
Subtestube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 07:18 PM   #15
Sabadin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 257
Default Re: New 360 Dashboard Update = Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subtestube
You need to enable media sharing - I believe that's actually integrated into the shell in Vista, but I don't know how to do it, apologies. If worst comes to worst, you should be able to just do it through WMP 11.
Ya I've done that much, PC has no problems seeing my 360, but my 360 is still being retarded and not picking anything up.
Sabadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 07:56 PM   #16
ralinn
Masters
 
ralinn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: UK, England, Portsmouth
Posts: 1,675
Default Re: New 360 Dashboard Update = Awesome!

Have you closed a previous connection?

You may need to go to the system settings on the far right blade and disconnect/reconnect.
__________________
(CPU) Intel Core i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz @ 1600MHz (ASUSTeK Computer INC. P6T DELUXE mainboard) (RAM) 3GB (HDD) 931GB
(GFX) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 280 (1GB), 1680x1050x32, 59Hz (OS) Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium (SP1)

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 09:02 PM   #17
Lyme
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,682
Default Re: New 360 Dashboard Update = Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabadin
Well that would be great...if it would let actually try to use something other than MCE...360 tells me a I need to install software on my pc to stream wmp, installer website says "lol, vista doesn't need software" and runs me in circles.
The software is included with windows media player 11.

Once you have opened it, click the down arrow below 'library' then click 'media sharing'.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 09:57 PM   #18
Sabadin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 257
Default Re: New 360 Dashboard Update = Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme
The software is included with windows media player 11.

Once you have opened it, click the down arrow below 'library' then click 'media sharing'.
Been there, done that, still insists there are no available pc's
Sabadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 10:15 PM   #19
Lyme
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,682
Default Re: New 360 Dashboard Update = Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabadin
Been there, done that, still insists there are no available pc's
If you turn on your 360, does it show it? If it isn't showing, you likely need to fix your software firewall.

While this may sound stupid, what it is showing is what devices/pc's the current computer your on will share to, you don't need to select yourself because that is redundant.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 10:23 PM   #20
Sabadin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 257
Default Re: New 360 Dashboard Update = Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme
If you turn on your 360, does it show it? If it isn't showing, you likely need to fix your software firewall.

While this may sound stupid, what it is showing is what devices/pc's the current computer your on will share to, you don't need to select yourself because that is redundant.
Ya, my 360 shows up fine in the wmp sharing list. not sure what it's problem is.
Sabadin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-05-07, 12:10 AM   #21
Lyme
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,682
Default Re: New 360 Dashboard Update = Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabadin
Ya, my 360 shows up fine in the wmp sharing list. not sure what it's problem is.
Then it is working as it should. Give the 360 in the list permission to see the media on that computer, then use your 360 to play it. (I don't think I'm explaining this well).
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-07, 12:51 AM   #22
crainger
 
crainger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia
Posts: 29,559
Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: New 360 Dashboard Update = Awesome!

Update is great. Can almost replace my XBMC Xbox.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-07, 01:25 AM   #23
Sabadin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 257
Default Re: New 360 Dashboard Update = Awesome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme
Then it is working as it should. Give the 360 in the list permission to see the media on that computer, then use your 360 to play it. (I don't think I'm explaining this well).

Ya, I thought it's supposed to be that easy, I guess my 360 has downs or something lol.
Sabadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-07, 09:22 AM   #24
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: New 360 Dashboard Update = Awesome!

Wish I had a PC to do Media Sharing.
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Making Progress: Tribes Ascend's Accelerate Update News Archived News Items 0 06-12-12 08:30 AM
Solving IT headaches with a monitoring dashboard in the cloud News Archived News Items 0 06-04-12 11:20 AM
Tribes: Ascend Staying Alive update adds sticky grenades, disco Brute News Archived News Items 0 05-22-12 08:10 AM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.