Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-04-07, 02:57 PM   #37
Severian126
Y SO SRS?

Default Re: Halo 3 PUNKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme
Xbox live, internet, life, etc.. Yep.
It's not specific to Live (and this applies to the person you're quoting), and I agree, it's with everything. Something gets popular enough, of course the ratio of douchebags increase. That's just how it is.

Having said that, my time on LIVE is pretty enjoyable and I love the service. I met a ton of cool people I like to sit down, shoot the sh** with, ask them about their region and how life is there, etc., while I play a game of co-op Gears, Halo 3, or what have you.

So yes, this is my short attempt to defend Live. I just don't like it how people use these "full of assholes" comment to discount it. It's a weak argument because as with anything popular, it's a given but it should not be a means to pass judgment on an otherwise great service.
Processor: Core 2 Extreme QX6850 3.0GHz 8MB Cache 1066MHz FSB - OC @ 3.2 GHz Liquid Cooled
Memory: 4GB Low Latency DDR2 Performance SDRAM at 1066MHz - 2 x 1024MB
Motherboard: NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI Motherboard
System Drive: Extreme Performance (RAID 0) - 320GB (2 x 160GB) Serial ATA 1.5Gb/s 10,000 RPM w/ 2 x 16MB Cache
Storage Drive: 500GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ 16MB Cache
Power Supply: Alienware® 1000 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-FI

XBOX LIVE: Kungfujoe126 - Catch me on NBA 2K9!
PSN: Severian126
Steam: Sever126

Currently Playing: Fallout 3 (PC), NBA 2k9! (360), Dead Space (PS3), Silent Hill Homecomings (360), Fable 2 (360)

Quote:
Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who is in command here.
Severian126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 02:58 PM   #38
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Bandit
I really think the main point of this thread wasn't even the fact that nvjoe's son was playing Halo, the main point was that Halo 3 is full of ****tards.

I doubt anyone will seriously attempt to claim that there aren't a ton of jackasses on XBox Live.
BINGO! Butter gets the point of this thread. The decision I made to allow my son to play H3 was a bad one. That is why he doesn't play it. I sat my son down and explained that I was wrong for letting him play that game and why he would not be playing it any longer. I did not feel the need to put this in that in this thread because it was not part of the topic. If I wanted to post a thread about me being wrong for allowing my son to play H3 then I would have done that. Instead the topic is the type of jerks that play H3. What do we get in return, a thread full of useless posts telling me what I did wrong. LOL!

Ok this is a direct response to all of you who say I am being a prick in this thread by insulting you. You are right. I am bing a prick. I am being a prick for the specific reason that you guys went off topic and on to your own topic about why I let my son play this game. You can count on me making fun of you every time when you do this. If you stay on topic and ask questions then I will treat you like a human. If you do as you have done in this thread, I will tread you like a H3 punk. It's simple really.
nVJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 02:58 PM   #39
ralinn
Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Bandit
And for further clarification, I'm not saying jackasses are limited to XBox Live. They seem to be more abundant these days in every type of online game...but, I think Live just tends to have this sort of "thing" with people always being obnoxious pricks in random matches.

Sort of like how the fapping/gay thing was going around these forums for a while....that is just the sort of thing that is going around XBox Live.
The 360 is just so popular. Everyone and his mother has it, which is why Live sucks so much IMO. Over here, the 360 and its games are advertised 24/7 on TV and pretty much everywhere on the street! Every kid has or wants one, then the little bastards go online with them.

Kinda reminds me of the whole CS thing. The community was so great until Valve got involved and the game went retail. The kids just swarmed in.

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 03:00 PM   #40
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralinn
Sorry, no I didn't read all the posts. But you know those times where you just read the first post and you just can't help but click reply ASAP?

Anyway, I guess being rated Adult or Mature is irrelevant, it's still not for kids. I guess you learnt your lesson the hard way.
Yes I did. And as I said, that wasn't what this thread was about.
Old 12-04-07, 03:01 PM   #41
Riptide

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Instead the topic is the type of jerks that play H3. What do we get in return, a thread full of useless posts telling me what I did wrong. LOL!
What can I say? People just love to pay attention to you. You're a popular guy.
Riptide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 03:03 PM   #42
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

no really. joe, you are acting like an a-hat, about just as bad as the people you are complaining about.

And anyone saying that there are not 14 year olds running around xbox live that have a mouth worse than a sailor claiming they did your mom, well your just dumb. A lot of them fit the below:

-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 03:07 PM   #43
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

My time in Live was short lived.

I had just gotten the 360 webcam and downloaded Uno. I hope on to have a go and first game I cope a heap of abuse for being a "n00b" and having all 0 stats. I tried to tell them that I know how to play Uno and I just got the cam, but I then got told to "**** off you limey bastard". I didn't bother to tell what was wrong with the last comment. I just muted everything, turned off the cam, finished the game and never bothered with Live again.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 03:09 PM   #44
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182

no really. joe, you are acting like an a-hat, about just as bad as the people you are complaining about.

And anyone saying that there are not 14 year olds running around xbox live that have a mouth worse than a sailor claiming they did your mom, well your just dumb. A lot of them fit the below:
Hey I can link pictures also. Does that make me funny too?
SHUT YOUR HOLE! my post count is bigger than yours. LOL!
I mean really.

BTW, my thread deliver.

Old 12-04-07, 03:24 PM   #45
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nVJoe
Hey I can link pictures also. Does that make me funny too?
SHUT YOUR HOLE! my post count is bigger than yours. LOL!
I mean really.

BTW, my thread deliver.

what ever helps you sleep at night
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
Old 12-04-07, 03:27 PM   #46
nVJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182
what ever helps you sleep at night
Warm milk helps me sleep at night, tho it does promote accidents.
Old 12-04-07, 03:38 PM   #47
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Milk shooting out of your nose? Damn you work hard in bed Joe!
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 03:46 PM   #48
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

well I think there is only one way for this thread to go from here.