Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-04-07, 11:00 PM   #13
Amuro
Newtype Ace

Default Re: Any chance for a Killzone 2 for PC ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathofgod
LOL....me ****ing too. I hate that ****ing bull**** foul ****ing dialogue.
I'm feeling woozy... too many stars...
Lian Li Armorsuit PC-P80 Black | Intel Core i7-3960X @4.3Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Extreme | G.SKILL Ripjaws X 4 x 4GB @1866Mhz CL9 |eVGA GTX 690 Hydro Copper | Cruscial M4 512GB SATA III SSD | WD VelociRaptor 300GB | Samsung Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB | Pioneer BDR-205BK 12x Blu-ray Burner | Creative x-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Sound Card | Corsair A1200 1200W PSU

Water cooled by Koolance ERM-3K3UC Cooling System
Amuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 11:21 PM   #14
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuro
I'm feeling woozy... too many stars...
Here, maybe if I hit you a few more times...
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 11:24 PM   #15
Jonelo

Aversome !!

Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 11:25 PM   #16
Jonelo

Aversome !!

Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 11:28 PM   #17
Redeemed

Meh. I was hoping the graphics would be *at least* as good as Wolf Quest's.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-07, 12:07 AM   #18
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed
Meh. I was hoping the graphics would be *at least* as good as Wolf Quest's.
Lower your standards. Nothing will equal Wolf Quest. Crysis might as well have stayed at home now Wolf Quest is upon us.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-07, 07:42 AM   #19
evox
:3

If you look closely enough, it's pretty easy to notice how they've added noise and color corrected the pictures to hide low resolution textures and aliasing issues. heh.
evox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-07, 07:53 AM   #20
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangSVT
If there's anything I've learned, it's that Guerilla Games don't know how to make a good game. They made that Conflict Vietnam or some other vietnam game that wasn't any good and Killzone 1 licked balls, and I know, I have Killzone for PS2. Killzone for PSP wasn't that bad, but not great either.

I don't have faith in Killzone 2 being a good game then. Don't get me wrong, I hope the game is good for the people wanting a good FPS on PS3. However I've long ago learned that games from certain developers, if you expect a lot, there's a very high chance you'll be disappointed, so better to expect crap and have a surprise of it actually being good. As for now, I expect the game to be crap in terms of gameplay just like Killzone 1.
Yes because we know that Developers can't learn from their mistake and once they make a bad game they will continue to make bad games even if they get a better publisher and more funding. I didn't think the original was bad, it wasn't great but it was a good standard shooter. I think the media just hyped it up beyond reason.

Old 12-05-07, 08:11 AM   #21
Knot3D

Whatever the processing power of 'tomorrow 's high end PC' ; i think KZ2 development & engine are just too PS3 hardware specific to make a good yet profitable pc port.

I mean... how good was the Lost Planet pc port & the Gears of War pc version ? ...
Old 12-05-07, 09:19 AM   #22
Nitz Walsh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot3D

I mean... how good was the Lost Planet pc port & the Gears of War pc version ? ...
Uh...much better than the 360 version? GoW has stuttering problems on some PC's, but otherwise both ports were quite improved, GoW especially in the texture department.

As for KZ2, static screenshots are not impressive. Lots of aliasing, very dull colour palette and poor textures. Its graphical fidelity will likely lie with its animation and effects, it will probably look a lot better in motion.
Nitz Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-07, 09:49 AM   #23
3DBrad

Lost Planet is great on the PC, and is about the only game currently ACTUALLY uses DX10-only features, like fur-shaders, as I don't think that's possible in DX9.
Old 12-05-07, 10:21 AM   #24
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitz Walsh
As for KZ2, static screenshots are not impressive. Lots of aliasing, very dull colour palette and poor textures. Its graphical fidelity will likely lie with its animation and effects, it will probably look a lot better in motion.
The videos they released both the trailer and gameplay looked amazing, better then any other FPS on the consoles.