Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-04-07, 06:02 PM   #13
hell_of_doom227

Default Re: Crysis at absolutely highest settings

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Mag
You never give up do you?
It's not matter of giving up, it's a fact. I really don't like to pretend and think Crytek is a company of Gods who created this perfectly coded, well optimized game and the truth is totally different. They have good designers and ideas, but AI and Physics in this game totally suck for example. I think AI and Physics is so crappy coded that it's causing a lot of performance problems in this game. Also, motion blur is wrongly used in this game as well as many other things...
System: eVGA x58SLI x16 4Way Classified, Intel Six Core i7 X980@4.00Ghz, 6Gb GSkill DDR3-1600, Tri Crossfire 3xATI Radeon 5870 1Gb, Raid1 - 2xSSD Intel 80Gb X-25M, Raid0 - 2xHDD Samsung 2Tb, Raid1 - 2xHDD Samsung 1Tb, LG Blue-Ray/HD-DVD Player, Silverstone 1100W PSU, Intel Stock Cooler (New One), Thermaltake Xaser VI, LG 27" LCD, Logitech Keyboard G15, G5 Logitech Mouse

35708 - 3DMark Vantage
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dmv=2109601
hell_of_doom227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 06:03 PM   #14
Libertysyclone
I Lie about MPG

Send a message via MSN to Libertysyclone

COD4 for PC is very good, as is Orange Box (read TF2).
Old 12-04-07, 06:05 PM   #15
hell_of_doom227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertysyclone
COD4 for PC is very good, as is Orange Box (read TF2).
Timeshift, Bioshock (even though i don't like this type of game but that's a matter of taste), UT3, Lost Planet....
System: eVGA x58SLI x16 4Way Classified, Intel Six Core i7 X980@4.00Ghz, 6Gb GSkill DDR3-1600, Tri Crossfire 3xATI Radeon 5870 1Gb, Raid1 - 2xSSD Intel 80Gb X-25M, Raid0 - 2xHDD Samsung 2Tb, Raid1 - 2xHDD Samsung 1Tb, LG Blue-Ray/HD-DVD Player, Silverstone 1100W PSU, Intel Stock Cooler (New One), Thermaltake Xaser VI, LG 27" LCD, Logitech Keyboard G15, G5 Logitech Mouse

35708 - 3DMark Vantage
http://service.futuremark.com/compare?3dmv=2109601
hell_of_doom227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 06:18 PM   #16
wrathofgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_of_doom227
Crysis is terrible coded game. I played a few missions before i uninstalled it, i don't want bother with slide show and medium/low settings are unacceptable for me cause in that case looks like crap. Not even next gen of video card will handle this right. Simply put if you had 2XQuad Setup with Quad 8800Ultra with 8GB of RAM it would run like crap because crappy coded game doesn't work well with the available hardware.
It's not that the game is coded poorly...it's that the game is WAY ahead of the current hardware available. There is nothing wrong with the game at all IMO, except for a few collision/physics bugs.
wrathofgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 07:03 PM   #17
Bman212121

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrathofgod
It's not that the game is coded poorly...it's that the game is WAY ahead of the current hardware available. There is nothing wrong with the game at all IMO, except for a few collision/physics bugs.
It actually runs pretty damn good despite is huge graphic demand. It's mainly all GPU dependant as even my FX-60 isn't seeing high usage. It scales very nicely with SLI (about 66% increase in FPS here) so they definitely did something right with this game. As I stated in another thread I can pull 1920 x 1200 high settings with 2x AA and have a 30 fps average. When the 9x series comes out I would be the least bit suprised it can run these same settings at over 30 fps. Like you said it's just released before the hardware that can max it out was. The devs were pretty close seeing as how they are only about 3 months early even though the game has probably been in development for 3 years.
Bman212121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 07:54 PM   #18
einstein_314
w00t!!

Quote:
Crysis is terrible coded game. I played a few missions before i uninstalled it, i don't want bother with slide show and medium/low settings are unacceptable for me cause in that case looks like crap. Not even next gen of video card will handle this right. Simply put if you had 2XQuad Setup with Quad 8800Ultra with 8GB of RAM it would run like crap because crappy coded game doesn't work well with the available hardware.
So because the game doesn't run at 100fps at max settings it's poorly coded? Did it ever occur to you that maybe it wasn't meant to be playable at highest settings on today's hardware? No, I suspect it didn't cross your mind. Instead you'd rather go on and on about how it's poorly coded.

Quote:
It's not matter of giving up, it's a fact. I really don't like to pretend and think Crytek is a company of Gods who created this perfectly coded, well optimized game and the truth is totally different. They have good designers and ideas, but AI and Physics in this game totally suck for example. I think AI and Physics is so crappy coded that it's causing a lot of performance problems in this game. Also, motion blur is wrongly used in this game as well as many other things...
I'm pretty sure that the AI and Physics has NOTHING to do with the "crappy" performance. The game is totally GPU dependant. How does the AI and Physics suck? Play the game on Delta, the AI is awesome. As for the physics...I don't know what you mean by "they suck". It's not realistic? I find it really good.

Personally I LOVE the way they implemented the motion blur. Best I've seen on any game.
Logitech Z-5300 Speakers || Sennheiser HD555's || Logitech G7 || Logitech G15 || Windows Vista Ultimate x64
einstein_314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 08:19 PM   #19
agentkay

Quote:
They have good designers and ideas, but AI and Physics in this game totally suck for example. I think AI and Physics is so crappy coded that it's causing a lot of performance problems in this game.
Actually it's the opposite, it uses far less CPU cycles than other games with less advanced AI and less physics.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-07, 10:12 PM   #20
WCG

It always made me wonder how a developer can create a game with higher demands than the newest technology/hardware available... I mean, what if it breaks at full settings highest res, etc. No one will know for years, because the hardware won't be available until then.... can I get a refund then?

Crysis is a beautiful game, well at least I think it it could be, when I finally get away from my 6800 OC I'll let ya know
WCG is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-04-07, 10:44 PM   #21
sammy sung

Quote:
Timeshift, Bioshock (even though i don't like this type of game but that's a matter of taste), UT3, Lost Planet....
If you think that UT3 is a wellcoded game you need a reality check,its the house that bugs built atm where nothing really works as it should.Its a rushjob brought to the market before its ready,sure it runs fine (apart from locking solid from time to time)but walk up close to any surface and you will find the reason why its smooth,blurry washed out textures even at max details.I'm on the second beta patch atm (234mb) but still a ton of issues remains to be fixed.
Old 12-04-07, 10:46 PM   #22
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentkay
Actually it's the opposite, it uses far less CPU cycles than other games with less advanced AI and less physics.
Idd,UT3 loads both my cores at 100% a majority of the time,cant say i like that at all.
Old 12-04-07, 11:27 PM   #23
JasonPC

Hah. Have you heard about the Aegia PhysX maps for UT3. Try and tell me that is "well coded." HAHA. The physics and AI seem to have really little impact on performance in Crysis. I can trash quite a few buildings and mow down a bunch of trees, and performance seems the same to me. The game is not stressing the CPU, it's stressing the GPU. The only way they can "code it better" is to make less use of advanced shaders, but that's what makes the game look so good! Obviously AI and Physics have nothing to do with the GPU... I think you just like making outrageous statements based on no fact because you just don't like the game.
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-07, 08:51 AM   #24
evox
:3

Quote:
lmao. it certainly doesn't have anything to do with the CE2 being intensive, late drivers/SDK by nVIDIA or the fact that DX10 API is still fairly new. no sir, it's all crappy coding

you're an idiot.
evox is offline   Reply With Quote