Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-06-07, 12:32 PM   #1
asd

Default Console wins one rounds against PC in......

PC leak of good RPG games nowadays, all of those stupid Dev go for MMO for their own good, after TQ:IT, we see nothing good comes out, HG:L is a failure, but look at the console, not only the FF series, but they got more RPG games, I hope there will be more RPG games for PC, not some kind of stupid "cash cow" MMO.
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-07, 12:36 PM   #2
Logical

Default Re: Console wins one rounds against PC in......

Hmmmm

The Witcher......
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-07, 12:39 PM   #3
JohnDio

So name me a few RPGs for PS3 (oh wait, there aren't even enough games for this console and in the future FF will someday be released). Now name me some RPGs for Wii (oh wait again, the only good one is Zelda). Lastly name me some exclusive of the X360 (oh wait, at least they got Mass Effect but did they get The Witcher?). So no, the PC platform is still healthy and personally i enjoyed Hellgate: London. There are a lot of adventures/strategies/RPGs available in the PC platform so search harder for them. Furthermore, consoles can't even compete with the great list of general RPGs that can be found in the PC (Planescape Torment anyone? Or how about a somehow new one (not classic) like Neverwinter Nights 2?). Sadly for you, consoles are trying to catch up but won't because when they get an amount of good RPGs, the next gen console of them will arrive so you'll have to say bye bye to your old ones (and the compatibility is a joke for both the PS3 and the X360. Hell, even Sony stated that the compatibility is not so vital to them right now).

So enjoy what is currently available whether it is a console RPG or a PC but don't try misleading the people. Saying that consoles win in the RPG genre is like saying that PCs win in the Sports genre. Simply lol @ that
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-07, 12:42 PM   #4
Moo
*BANNNED*

Just get all of them, so you can enjoy whatever's exclusive on each platform.
Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-07, 12:45 PM   #5
Severian126
Y SO SRS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo
Just get all of them, so you can enjoy whatever's exclusive on each platform.
QFT. PC RPGs that I enjoy lately, though some may be a year old are = NWN + XPac, Witcher

Consoles have some that I couldn't get in PC: Mass Effect, even old FF games, PSP's Tactics, etc.

If you can, get the consoles that have the ones you want to play with your PC. Each offers some great games if you're an RPG lover.
Processor: Core 2 Extreme QX6850 3.0GHz 8MB Cache 1066MHz FSB - OC @ 3.2 GHz Liquid Cooled
Memory: 4GB Low Latency DDR2 Performance SDRAM at 1066MHz - 2 x 1024MB
Motherboard: NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI Motherboard
System Drive: Extreme Performance (RAID 0) - 320GB (2 x 160GB) Serial ATA 1.5Gb/s 10,000 RPM w/ 2 x 16MB Cache
Storage Drive: 500GB Serial ATA 3Gb/s 7,200 RPM w/ 16MB Cache
Power Supply: Alienware® 1000 Watt Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster X-FI

XBOX LIVE: Kungfujoe126 - Catch me on NBA 2K9!
PSN: Severian126
Steam: Sever126

Currently Playing: Fallout 3 (PC), NBA 2k9! (360), Dead Space (PS3), Silent Hill Homecomings (360), Fable 2 (360)

Quote:
Do you know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who is in command here.
Severian126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-07, 01:57 PM   #6
asd

The game I'm talking about, all of them are the Japanese titles, maybe you will say it is not fair because they are not US/Uk/Europe developer, but the truth is that the adventage of the console like Ps2/PS3/PSP and Wii is that they got lots of nice Japanese RPG developer behind them, for example, the Tales series, TOA, TOD, TOW, Dungeon Explore, Dragon Quest, Hack//., and blah blah blah, no one can disagree with me in this point.

And don't try to judge me based on my topic, I'm a PC gamer, love most of the games on PC, but I'm a fanatic of RTS/RPG/FPS/Racing games, talk about RTS, we got CoH, AoE, SC, WiC, EE1, WC3, C&C and etc, FPS games we got Crysis, UT3, Quake, Doom, Timeshift, Bioshock, Farcry, CS, Battlefield and ETC, Racing games we got NFS, GTR, WTCC, Flatout, CMR:dirt, TOCA race driver and ETC, but look at the RPG we got, is there many of them? No, In 2006, we got TES4, Gothic3, NWN2, and TQ, but Gothic3 is a failure, ok, in 2007, we got TQ:IT, NWN2 Exp, The Witcher, Two Worlds, and HG:L, but HG:L is a failure, maybe some of the players will find it enjoyable, but for me and some other players, it is a joke.

Now I guess you guys have get my point, PC really lacking RPG games to play with, It does have some great title, but not enough, I'm not going to buy a console because of those RPG games, but the truth is they win one round atm, I hope there will be more great RPG title for PC, for me, I don't need any MMORPG, I just want more nice RPG games like TQ and NWN.
asd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-07, 02:33 PM   #7
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

I can disagree.

I can't stand Japanese RPGs. So for me. PC wins because of The Witcher. Plain and simple.

There you go. Non one can disagree with me starting right now!
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-07, 02:57 PM   #8
JohnDio

Quote:
Originally Posted by asd
And don't try to judge me based on my topic, I'm a PC gamer, love most of the games on PC, but I'm a fanatic of RTS/RPG/FPS/Racing games, talk about RTS, we got CoH, AoE, SC, WiC, EE1, WC3, C&C and etc, FPS games we got Crysis, UT3, Quake, Doom, Timeshift, Bioshock, Farcry, CS, Battlefield and ETC, Racing games we got NFS, GTR, WTCC, Flatout, CMR:dirt, TOCA race driver and ETC, but look at the RPG we got, is there many of them? No, In 2006, we got TES4, Gothic3, NWN2, and TQ, but Gothic3 is a failure, ok, in 2007, we got TQ:IT, NWN2 Exp, The Witcher, Two Worlds, and HG:L, but HG:L is a failure, maybe some of the players will find it enjoyable, but for me and some other players, it is a joke.
So you should say that consoles have more Japanese RPGs which is defacto, it didn't happen today, it is a fact. Generally speaking, PCs have more RPGs than consoles.

To tell you the truth though, the amount of Japanese RPGs is going downhill and i'm amazed that you haven't even noticed it. Snes had AMAZING Japanese RPGs (damn, even the Super Mario RPG was great), then PSX had less AAA japanese RPG titles and the amount of them decreased even more in this current generation. Even Mass Effect which is among the best RPGs of X360 is not a Japanese RPG and Blue Dragon was average.

Lastly, try thinking about the other people. You didn't like Hellgate:London and stating that it's a pile of sh!t. Well some people (not me. I love FF series and Chrono Cross and Breath Of Fire (the old ones) and Secret Of Mana and etc...) don't like the Japanese RPGs but they aren't saying that they are a pile of sh!t.

Oh and FYI, by using emulators you can have in a platform all the classics japanese RPGs, running full speed. And we all know which platform is recommended for general emulation (for both the arcades and the consoles)
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-06-07, 03:01 PM   #9
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Bandit
PC ****ing pwns console.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-07, 03:23 PM   #10
LORD-eX-Bu
Horus the pointy master

PC RPGs have always been better than their console counterparts, alot more depth and detail overall

There are plenty of PC rpgs to play, one example is The Witcher. Really awesome game, I would suggest anyone to pick it up and play it if you haven't already
Old 12-06-07, 03:27 PM   #11
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

i hate console RPG, controls are bad, a lot of them have weird fighting system (FF)

oh btw, Mass Effect will be out on PC, and since The Witcher is a lot better then Mass Effect. I can wait.
Old 12-06-07, 05:10 PM   #12
Madpistol
It's a wittle baby!

Send a message via AIM to Madpistol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Bandit
oooooooooooooo.... that peaked my interest. I'll be trying this one out.

MadPistol's Rig

AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE (RB-C3) @ 4Ghz, 1.425 Vcore, 1.25V NB VID
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme (w/ Scythe Gentle Typhoon 120mm fan)
Gigabyte UD3H AM3 790GX motherboard
XFX Radeon HD 5870
PNY XLR8 2x2GB CL8 DDR3 1600
G.Skill Ripjaws 2x2GB CL8 DDR3 1600
Soundblaster X-Fi Fatality Titanium
OCZ Vertex II 120GB SSD (OS drive)
Western Digital 500GB Caviar (black)
Western Digital 640GB Blue
Samsung DVD burner
Logitech MX performance mouse
Logitech G15 keyboard
Corsair HX 750-watt Modular PSU