conzar
Conzar

Default HD Resolutions for Projector (PLV-Z2) via DVI

Greetings all.
So before I start: here are some specs

Monitor: Sanyo PLV-Z2
Video Card: Geforce 8600
Nvidia Drivers: 100.14.19

I've just updated my video card from a Geforce 6800 to the 8600 (Yea, its crazy). With the previous video card, I was able to set the resolution to 1280x720 via the DVI port with the following modeline

ModeLine "1280x720" 61.8 1280 1390 1430 1648 720 725 730 750 +hsync +vsync

You see, Sanyo doesn't provide the correct information via EDID; so EDID has to be disabled and the above modeline should be set. "UseEDID" is set to false in the Device section. I've had to use the following options for the driver to "accept" the modeline; however, the image is all scrunched up and looks to be the same size as the 1024x768 (leaving black bars on the sides). Before I only needed to set UseEDID to FALSE.

Option "UseEDID" "FALSE"
Option "ExactModeTimingsDVI" "TRUE"
Option "NoPredefinedModes" "TRUE"
Option "ModeValidation" "CRT-0: NoVirtualSizeCheck; DFP-0: NoMaxPClkCheck, NoEdidMaxPClkCheck, AllowInterlacedModes, NoHorizSyncCheck, NoDFPNativeResolutionCheck, NoVesaModes, NoEdidModes, NoXServerModes, NoPredefinedModes, NoVertRefreshCheck, AllowNon60HzDFPModes, NoWidthAlignmentCheck,NoVirtualSizeCheck, NoMaxSizeCheck

Anyone have a clue what might be going on here? Do I need to set my DPI? Do the new drivers just not work? Is there an alternative? nv driver maybe?

Its very frustrating to have spent so much time (before) getting the resolution to work to upgrading to a "faster" and "better" card for it not to work. I've spent much more time this time around trying to get it to work and have come up with nothing.

I've tried the new metamodes and I've also tried the new HD resolution params too. No luck.

Thanks for your help
conzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-07, 07:25 AM   #2
ixer

Default Re: HD Resolutions for Projector (PLV-Z2) via DVI

It would be interesting to hear anyone elses experience with this projector and an Nvidia card. I'm trying it out with a 7800GT and will report back.

I'm running Kubuntu 'feisty' Linux at the moment with the latest beta drivers from Nvidia (GLX with Beryl is playing nice).
ixer is offline   Reply With Quote