Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-07-07, 03:55 PM   #25
LycosV

Default Re: Is UT3 already dying ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q
I think they tweaked the gameplay just enough to piss off the loyalists and not enough to appeal to anyone looking for something fresh.

Also, I'm not very impressed with the new graphics engine. At times it looks very nice, but at others it looks awful. Performance is strong, but the art direction is just not to my taste and at times the game even struggles from a technical perspective as well.

Team CTF is unplayable for me since my team mates (bot AI) constantly get stuck in a loop with the transporter disk.
I totally agree. The gameplay changes are a little off IMO, and the graphics don't feel like Unreal. It's been said a million times, but it looks like Gears of War.

UT3 feels like UT2k3 all over again: fun, but basically unimpressive. We need a UT3.5 to come out like UT2k4 and save us all.
LycosV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-07, 04:19 PM   #26
HYBRID

plus ETQW....Let's not forget.
[Asus Extreme Rampage III| Asus GTX580 Matrix |Intel I7 950 @ 4.011GHZ vcore 1.275| Corsair H80 Liquid Cooler| Intel SSD 80GB & 1 150 GIG Raptor|Corsair Dominator GT CMG6GX3M3A1600C7 | Asus Essence STX|Plextor PX-880SA|Asus BluRay Drive |Cosair HX-850HX| Corsair Obsidian 800D ||Win 7 RTM 64-Bit OEM|Samsung T-240 24" 1920X1200 5MS
HYBRID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-07, 04:28 PM   #27
sammy sung

The first non beta patch and the dedicated linux server will be out very soon :

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnrealNorth
Linux Dedicated Server *Very Soon!*

This is one all you guys are waiting for the Linux Dedicated Server is reported to be coming to you guys very soon, so you guys don't have to suffer any longer.
Read more inside!

On a official mailing report, it is reported that Ryan Gordon has said that the Linux Dedicated Server package will be arriving very soon for UT3, so stay tuned.

Ryan Gordon wrote:

Very very soon for the server. We're ironing out last-minute things, and will probably ship in sync with the Windows patch.

Also to add, the first patch is arriving very soon and hopefully for you guys you will be getting your low pinging servers again! Stay tuned.
This will be a start,it will take a lot more patches though,i just hope the community will still have a interest in it that long.The clan i belong to will rent a server as soon as our supplier gets the linux server and a lot of other clans that play competetivly on clanbase will do the same.I think this game can survive there but as a public game ? Hmmm not convinced yet,the ps3 version will be played more,that i do belive for sure.This might be the last UT for the pc format,lets hope they can make it good before its lifecycle is over.
Old 12-07-07, 04:40 PM   #28
SeriTonin
*BANNED*

I don't think you can blame the flood of games as why this is being looked over.

The games that stand out, stand out for a reason, they aren't repetitive and boring like UT3.

UT3 was the series first big dud imo.
SeriTonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-07, 05:01 PM   #29
Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriTonin
UT3 was the series first big dud imo.
Agreed. There is nothing impressive to UT3. All they would of had to do was add something cool like destructable envirnment and it would be a hit. Blast through a wall to get to your enemy or make a pillar fall and block a pathway.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-07, 05:02 PM   #30
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

well just playd it for 3 hours, I think its great. It has the same feel as UT ( I playd only a little of ut99..didnt care for it, mainly cause the graphics are so dated. I love ut2k3/4) and even keeps the speed while looking next gen. Whats nice is Unreal3 never overloads itself with special effects to get in the way of fragging. And the speed is lightning...I was unable to find any advanced settings other then 3 sliders, but I maxed em out and my rig isnt hitching anywhere.

The hover board and its instant use is one of the best things ever... and most vehicals have gotten armor upgrades. Also I notice far less rocket launcher use cause its either well hidden or less ammo. Even though im a rocket *****, I like being forced into some new weapons.

Ahh well.. food and then back to fraggin.
Old 12-07-07, 05:04 PM   #31
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy
Agreed. There is nothing impressive to UT3. All they would of had to do was add something cool like destructable envirnment and it would be a hit. Blast through a wall to get to your enemy or make a pillar fall and block a pathway.
Why do people think that destrucable walls would be so good? Have you ever had a mode that made blast decals and bodys stay forever? dosnt look good after 30 minutes does it. If things were destructable, it would turn into a crappy looking battleground of swiss cheese..or worse.
Old 12-07-07, 05:31 PM   #32
3DBrad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd
Why do people think that destrucable walls would be so good? Have you ever had a mode that made blast decals and bodys stay forever? dosnt look good after 30 minutes does it. If things were destructable, it would turn into a crappy looking battleground of swiss cheese..or worse.
What do you think UT3 maps look like, an untouched tropical island?

Old 12-07-07, 05:34 PM   #33
LycosV

It a FPS had a fully destructible environment it wouldn't take long till you were fighting in a giant, flat, parking lot. On the plus side, the polygon count would be so low it would run fantastic!
LycosV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-07, 06:22 PM   #34
$n][pErMan
III%

Send a message via AIM to $n][pErMan

Glad I am passing on this game....
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 3.51GHz (390 x 9 / 1.39v) | ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP LGA 775 Intel P965 (1236 BIOS) | OCZ GOLD 8GB (2GB x 4) DDR2 PC2-8500 Dual Channel (4-4-4-12 780Mhz/1.95V 1:1 Ratio) | EVGA GeForce GTX 770 DUAL SuperClocked 4GB (Currently @ 1240MHz Core / 7112MHz Memory) | Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS | Zalman CNPS9700 LED Ultra Quiet CPU Cooler | Samsung SSD 840 Series 256GB | ASUS ProArt 24in Widescreen LED 1920 x 1200 | Samsung DVD-RW-DL 18x Burner w/ lightscribe| SILVERSTONE OP650 ATX12V / EPS12V 650W Power Supply | AOpen 5.1 Surround sound system | Windows 7 Pro x64
100% Orthos Stable!
$n][pErMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-07, 07:03 PM   #35
SeriTonin
*BANNED*

The mod community could give this game a boost and actually make it enjoyable, I will say that. I'm just not very impressed with what Epic sold us immediately, a decent mod takes months, if not years.

My biggest disappointment is lack of ctf maps. It's never been so short. I also don't care for the "tweaks" that transformed onslaught into warfare.

But, hey, to those liking it great. I envy you. I really want to like this game. I still load it up daily and go through a few maps trying to find that "something", just haven't found it.
SeriTonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-07, 09:21 PM   #36
wrathofgod

IMO it's because it the same old sh*t with updated graphics (not very good ones at that IMO)....ZzZzZzZzzz

Sooo glad i didn't waste my $ on this one (played demo).
wrathofgod is offline   Reply With Quote