Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-10-07, 10:18 PM   #61
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Default Re: Is UT3 already dying ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung
They cannot touch Deathmatch or ctf (no farking vehicle ctf) .Thats always been the main points of interest for me,thats what unreal tournament is all about.
I didnt get much into vehical ctf in the last one, but these maps are really well done and I think its a blast. my only issue, and ive made a mutator request for it allready, is respawn delays. nothing sucks more then killing their offense and giving them instant respawns next to their flag all at full health ready to greet MY offense.
Old 12-11-07, 06:18 AM   #62
dxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung
They cannot touch Deathmatch or ctf (no farking vehicle ctf) .Thats always been the main points of interest for me,thats what unreal tournament is all about.
Nah - it's what it started off as being all about, but then, it evolved, and grew, and became something much more varied and interesting as the series went on.

As it is now, deathmatch is the same deathmatch that we played in 1999. Same weapons, same gameplay, same power-ups, same mutators, even the same levels. It's suffered some serious stagnation. Having been a fan of the Unreal series since the first one came out and taken great pleasure in indulging in the innovations of each new title, with this one, I hate almost every boring, unoriginal aspect of it. It sucks.
dxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 09:04 AM   #63
SeriTonin
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxx
Nah - it's what it started off as being all about, but then, it evolved, and grew, and became something much more varied and interesting as the series went on.

As it is now, deathmatch is the same deathmatch that we played in 1999. Same weapons, same gameplay, same power-ups, same mutators, even the same levels. It's suffered some serious stagnation. Having been a fan of the Unreal series since the first one came out and taken great pleasure in indulging in the innovations of each new title, with this one, I hate almost every boring, unoriginal aspect of it. It sucks.

The problem is, usually, to cover up the repetitive gameplay they have increidble visuals to rely on....that isn't the case this time around.
SeriTonin is offline   Reply With Quote