Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-11-07, 05:59 AM   #73
Sabadin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 257
Default Re: Class Action Connect offers lawsuit against Bungie for Halo3's missing pixels

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemecb
Calling it 720P is flat out wrong though because it's actually 640P, so while it supports 720P through upscaling, the source content is still 640P.
Except nowhere does the box specifically claim the game is rendered internally at 720p so again the whole argument is bunk. Honestly I love all the fuss that "Oh noes! it's upscaling to run 720p", but the fact that pretty much every 360/ps3 game made has to upscale to run at 1080p ,which is also on the box, is a non event.
Sabadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 07:16 AM   #74
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Chicagoland, once a year in Poland
Posts: 24,366
Default Re: Class Action Connect offers lawsuit against Bungie for Halo3's missing pixels

Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangSVT
I'd like to say again what I said. This whole thing over "Halo3" being falsely advertised is the least of the worries out there in terms of false advertising.

Some of you are saying that you "somewhat" agree with this lawsuit? But why? Have you played Halo3? The game looks *awesome* and it looks very smooth and looks *HD*. PGR3 for example with its 1024x600p, now that game did stretch it, I could tell on my TV that it was lower res than other games. However, it was a 360 launch game I believe, so I'll let it pass. They didn't try to pull that in PGR4, so I'm happy.

As I said though, there are FAR more things out there that are falsely advertised and GET AWAY with it. If I hadn't know Halo 3 was 640p, I'd never be able to tell the difference. With COD3 and PGR3, I could physically tell that the aliasing was worse than regular 360 games and I figured it's lower resolution. With Halo 3 I can't, get over it.
i agree, i was very disapointed once i saw PGR3 on 1080p display.

I think the reason why they decided to go after Halo3, because its a lot more popular then PGR3 or COD3. Maybe easy target?

they have to start somewhere.
__________________
Windows 8 the next big failure, right after Windows ME
nekrosoft13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 08:21 AM   #75
EciDemon
Registered User
 
EciDemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,423
Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon
Default Re: Class Action Connect offers lawsuit against Bungie for Halo3's missing pixels

I have my 360 set to 1080p using it on my 22" lcd monitor.
When first playing Halo3 I noticed it seemd a bit jaggy, but figured it was just me imagine it.

Then a week later read that the game is actually rendered much lower and just upscales, It's a bit annoying. However I rather have a constant High FPS. The game still looks good.

What's worse is tho when playing two player split screen, the game displays in 4:3, leaving huge black borders on the side.
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 09:10 AM   #76
nemecb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rochester, MN
Posts: 4,018
Default Re: Class Action Connect offers lawsuit against Bungie for Halo3's missing pixels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabadin
Except nowhere does the box specifically claim the game is rendered internally at 720p so again the whole argument is bunk. Honestly I love all the fuss that "Oh noes! it's upscaling to run 720p", but the fact that pretty much every 360/ps3 game made has to upscale to run at 1080p ,which is also on the box, is a non event.
Of course it doesn't, but if you see 720P on a box, what do you think? Do you say "Oh, that must 640P be upscaled to 720P."? It's misleading, and that's the only problem I have with it. Like I said, Halo 3 looks fine, it doesn't matter in this case, but that doesn't make it right. And it does set a bad precedent for misleading packaging, which I guess is more the fault of games like PGR3 and CoD3 that started it. But of course going after them doesn't get headlines like going after Halo 3, so can you blame them?

And yes, I already pointed out that the PS3 does the same thing. IMHO they should all stop.
nemecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 09:26 AM   #77
Destroy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,994
Default Re: Class Action Connect offers lawsuit against Bungie for Halo3's missing pixels

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemecb
Of course it doesn't, but if you see 720P on a box, what do you think? Do you say "Oh, that must 640P be upscaled to 720P."? It's misleading, and that's the only problem I have with it. And it does set a bad precedent for misleading packaging, . IMHO they should all stop.

Yes, this is why I support the lawsuit. These lesser res games are like a watered down product. To me 720p is 1280x720 and nothing less. I hope this lawsuit forces movies and games to change the labels and let the consumer know what the actual picture quality is going to be.
__________________

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 09:27 AM   #78
EciDemon
Registered User
 
EciDemon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,423
Send a message via ICQ to EciDemon
Default Re: Class Action Connect offers lawsuit against Bungie for Halo3's missing pixels

I do think that m$ should stop mark there boxes with 1080p when games dont even come close, we already know that the 360 will happily display any supported it has with the scaler.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1080p#External_links

720p vs 1080p is huge difference, not to mention 640p
EciDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 10:33 AM   #79
Lyme
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 2,682
Default Re: Class Action Connect offers lawsuit against Bungie for Halo3's missing pixels

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
i agree, i was very disapointed once i saw PGR3 on 1080p display.

I think the reason why they decided to go after Halo3, because its a lot more popular then PGR3 or COD3. Maybe easy target?

they have to start somewhere.
Your argument is along the same lines of sensibility as weighing a loaf of bread when you buy it, to ensure the weight in grams is EXACTLY as listed. I can tell that you either like being the devils advocate, or do not realize the implications on how you could be sued along the same lines of reasonability.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 11:07 AM   #80
Destroy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,994
Default Re: Class Action Connect offers lawsuit against Bungie for Halo3's missing pixels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyme
Your argument is along the same lines of sensibility as weighing a loaf of bread when you buy it, to ensure the weight in grams is EXACTLY as listed.
Not sure how other food manufactures are but I know all the ones I deal with ensure the product weight exceeds the listed weight just so such complaints do not occur.
__________________

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-07, 01:41 PM   #81
Sabadin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Posts: 257
Default Re: Class Action Connect offers lawsuit against Bungie for Halo3's missing pixels

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemecb
Of course it doesn't, but if you see 720P on a box, what do you think? Do you say "Oh, that must 640P be upscaled to 720P."?
So when you see HDTV 720p/1080i/1080p on the back of the box are you automatically assuming you can choose to internally render at either of those 3 resolutions?

Again, if the answer is no then your point is moot.
Sabadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 02:06 PM   #82
evilchris
 
evilchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,411
Default Re: Class Action Connect offers lawsuit against Bungie for Halo3's missing pixels

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemecb
Of course it doesn't, but if you see 720P on a box, what do you think? Do you say "Oh, that must 640P be upscaled to 720P."? It's misleading, and that's the only problem I have with it. Like I said, Halo 3 looks fine, it doesn't matter in this case, but that doesn't make it right. And it does set a bad precedent for misleading packaging, which I guess is more the fault of games like PGR3 and CoD3 that started it. But of course going after them doesn't get headlines like going after Halo 3, so can you blame them?

And yes, I already pointed out that the PS3 does the same thing. IMHO they should all stop.
Do you have a console? No one gives a **** what is on the back of the box. Console gamers care about GAMES and GAMEPLAY. We aren't PC g33ks who jizz over resolution and shaders.
__________________
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER][B][CENTER]--Communist Party of America--[/CENTER][/B]
evilchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 02:06 PM   #83
evilchris
 
evilchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,411
Default Re: Class Action Connect offers lawsuit against Bungie for Halo3's missing pixels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabadin
So when you see HDTV 720p/1080i/1080p on the back of the box are you automatically assuming you can choose to internally render at either of those 3 resolutions?

Again, if the answer is no then your point is moot.
Yes because as we all know we expect to be able to change resolution in a console game like we always have been able to! lol
__________________
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER][B][CENTER]--Communist Party of America--[/CENTER][/B]
evilchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 02:07 PM   #84
evilchris
 
evilchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,411
Default Re: Class Action Connect offers lawsuit against Bungie for Halo3's missing pixels

Quote:
Originally Posted by EciDemon
I do think that m$ should stop mark there boxes with 1080p when games dont even come close, we already know that the 360 will happily display any supported it has with the scaler.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1080p#External_links

720p vs 1080p is huge difference, not to mention 640p
lollolol "m$" is lthat like MICRO$OFT??? Cuz they mke slots money?!!?! LOL<OLOLOLOLOLOLOL
__________________
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER][B][CENTER]--Communist Party of America--[/CENTER][/B]
evilchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Glx mrbig1344 NVIDIA Linux 7 09-30-02 07:45 AM
Need help to get the X to work on my Acer TravelMate 630 knchee NVIDIA Linux 16 09-19-02 11:16 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:03 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.