Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-11-07, 01:08 PM   #85
evilchris
 
evilchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,411
Default Re: Class Action Connect offers lawsuit against Bungie for Halo3's missing pixels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy
Yes, this is why I support the lawsuit. These lesser res games are like a watered down product. To me 720p is 1280x720 and nothing less. I hope this lawsuit forces movies and games to change the labels and let the consumer know what the actual picture quality is going to be.
Only PC gamers care. They aren't the consumer. No one cares what you think.

You don't even know what 720p is.
__________________
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER][B][CENTER]--Communist Party of America--[/CENTER][/B]
evilchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 01:09 PM   #86
nemecb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rochester, MN
Posts: 4,018
Default Re: Class Action Connect offers lawsuit against Bungie for Halo3's missing pixels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabadin
So when you see HDTV 720p/1080i/1080p on the back of the box are you automatically assuming you can choose to internally render at either of those 3 resolutions?

Again, if the answer is no then your point is moot.
If I'm Joe Average consumer? Then yeah, I might. Again, this is not about me. I don't read boxes at all. This is about a company putting something on a box that IMHO is intended to mislead people into believing that the game is something it's not. If you think that putting 720P on the box isn't going to mean that the game runs in 720P to most people (which is not a group any of us belong to), then we'll have to agree to disagree because that's the basic problem I see here.
nemecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 01:12 PM   #87
evilchris
 
evilchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,411
Default Re: Class Action Connect offers lawsuit against Bungie for Halo3's missing pixels

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemecb
If I'm Joe Average consumer? Then yeah, I might. Again, this is not about me. I don't read boxes at all. This is about a company putting something on a box that IMHO is intended to mislead people into believing that the game is something it's not. If you think that putting 720P on the box isn't going to mean that the game runs in 720P to most people (which is not a group any of us belong to), then we'll have to agree to disagree because that's the basic problem I see here.
It is not intended to mislead. The info on the box lets you know it will work with your TV.
__________________
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER][B][CENTER]--Communist Party of America--[/CENTER][/B]
evilchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 01:18 PM   #88
Zelda_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,299
Default Re: Class Action Connect offers lawsuit against Bungie for Halo3's missing pixels

Sony mislead me when they said the Blu-ray is "beyond HD" and it only runs in 1080p. A class action is in order.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 01:19 PM   #89
evilchris
 
evilchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,411
Default Re: Class Action Connect offers lawsuit against Bungie for Halo3's missing pixels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
Sony mislead me when they said the Blu-ray is "beyond HD" and it only runs in 1080p. A class action is in order.
I agree. I was also mislead to buy a 1080p TV of theirs because it was "Full HD". I found out later that 720p is also "Full HD". I would like 1 billion dollars in compensation for emotional distress.
__________________
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER][B][CENTER]--Communist Party of America--[/CENTER][/B]
evilchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 01:31 PM   #90
nemecb
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Rochester, MN
Posts: 4,018
Default Re: Class Action Connect offers lawsuit against Bungie for Halo3's missing pixels

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
It is not intended to mislead. The info on the box lets you know it will work with your TV.
Because incompatibility with TV's has long been a problem with console games.

I should clarify that I don't think everyone would look at that and think it means the game resolution, but I think it's a perfectly valid conclusion to draw from what they actually put there. After all, a lot of people assumed it was the resolution or there wouldn't be any issue here (granted, the outspoken ones are not the "most people" I referred to earlier).

In any case, I really don't give two hoots about this. Not sure why I ever got involved. /unsubscribe
nemecb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 01:36 PM   #91
evilchris
 
evilchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,411
Default Re: Class Action Connect offers lawsuit against Bungie for Halo3's missing pixels

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemecb
Because incompatibility with TV's has long been a problem with console games.

I should clarify that I don't think everyone would look at that and think it means the game resolution, but I think it's a perfectly valid conclusion to draw from what they actually put there. After all, a lot of people assumed it was the resolution or there wouldn't be any issue here (granted, the outspoken ones are not the "most people" I referred to earlier).

In any case, I really don't give two hoots about this. Not sure why I ever got involved. /unsubscribe
Incompatibility with TV's has recently become a BIG problem since the advent of HDTV. Thanks for playing.

It is an issue because lawyers make **** up all the time to sue for.
__________________
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER][B][CENTER]--Communist Party of America--[/CENTER][/B]
evilchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 01:43 PM   #92
Destroy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,994
Default Re: Class Action Connect offers lawsuit against Bungie for Halo3's missing pixels

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
Only PC gamers care. They aren't the consumer. No one cares what you think.

You don't even know what 720p is.
No, YOU don't know what 720p is.

"720p assumes a widescreen aspect ratio of 16:9, and a horizontal resolution of 1280 pixels for a total of about 0.92 million pixels. "
__________________

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-07, 01:48 PM   #93
evilchris
 
evilchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,411
Default Re: Class Action Connect offers lawsuit against Bungie for Halo3's missing pixels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy
No, YOU don't know what 720p is.

"720p assumes a widescreen aspect ratio of 16:9, and a horizontal resolution of 1280 pixels for a total of about 0.92 million pixels. "
Wow, a quote with quotation marks. YOU don't know what 720p is.
__________________
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER][B][CENTER]--Communist Party of America--[/CENTER][/B]
evilchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 01:55 PM   #94
Destroy
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,994
Default Re: Class Action Connect offers lawsuit against Bungie for Halo3's missing pixels

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
Wow, a quote with quotation marks. YOU don't know what 720p is.
I see your witty remark is suppose to enlighten us. Go away, you are of no use to us.
__________________

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 01:57 PM   #95
evilchris
 
evilchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,411
Default Re: Class Action Connect offers lawsuit against Bungie for Halo3's missing pixels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroy
I see your witty remark is suppose to enlighten us. Go away, you are of no use to us.
You have XP Home installed on a computer. You are of no use to anything.
__________________
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER][B][CENTER]--Communist Party of America--[/CENTER][/B]
evilchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-07, 02:14 PM   #96
Zelda_fan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 10,299
Default Re: Class Action Connect offers lawsuit against Bungie for Halo3's missing pixels

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilchris
You have XP Home installed on a computer. You are of no use to anything.
rofl
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Glx mrbig1344 NVIDIA Linux 7 09-30-02 06:45 AM
Need help to get the X to work on my Acer TravelMate 630 knchee NVIDIA Linux 16 09-19-02 10:16 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.