Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-20-07, 12:38 PM   #73
evilchris
 
evilchris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 4,411
Default Re: New Playstation 3 tag line contest

lol, yeah Sony, innovator of online consoles. lol
__________________
[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/CENTER][B][CENTER]--Communist Party of America--[/CENTER][/B]
evilchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-07, 04:28 PM   #74
Marvel_us
FOOL!
 
Marvel_us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 3,754
Default Re: New Playstation 3 tag line contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
the only ads on the marketplace are for things on the marketplace! and things that MS already owns. they advertise their own new gear and demos available. youre probably right though. i bet MS is paying themselves and making a killing off of it!

i cant wait to see Sony try and produce a Home similar to XBL. im sure on zero budget the developers will be really motivated.
Zomg! damage control to the rescue. We all know you're the residential 360 fanboy. Wasn't it you who had the forum link that explained why Xbox360 is more powerful than PS3? Oh yea we all know how unbiased your opinion is. Why didn't you defend the p2p argument while you were at it?

I'm sorry if I'm not part of the cool crowd and bashing the PS3 every chance I get. Please explain to me what the problem is with Sony having a FREE online service.

Other than a few features Home isn't going to be similar to XBL.
__________________
Main Rig
Intel Q6600 QUAD|| Gigabyte P35-DS3L ||XFX 7900GTX|| G.Skill 6GB PC2-6400 || OCZ Agility 60GB SSD || WD 320GB + WD Green 1TB HDD || Samsung 20" LCD || CoolMax 650W PSU ||

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-07, 04:52 PM   #75
crainger
 
crainger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia
Posts: 29,559
Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: New Playstation 3 tag line contest

The problem with Sony having a free online service is that 360 fanboys have to pay for Live.

I like Sony's free service. I already pay for Live. Don't want to pay for another.

I will say though. Sony's might be free, but it has more game addons then Live. Even with Live you have to pay for the content ON TOP of the Live! subscription.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-07, 05:19 PM   #76
Moo
*BANNNED*
 
Moo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 380
Default Re: New Playstation 3 tag line contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel_us
Zomg! damage control to the rescue. We all know you're the residential 360 fanboy. Wasn't it you who had the forum link that explained why Xbox360 is more powerful than PS3? Oh yea we all know how unbiased your opinion is. Why didn't you defend the p2p argument while you were at it?

I'm sorry if I'm not part of the cool crowd and bashing the PS3 every chance I get. Please explain to me what the problem is with Sony having a FREE online service.

Other than a few features Home isn't going to be similar to XBL.
Someone actually trying to be serious in this thread?
Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-07, 05:20 PM   #77
crainger
 
crainger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia
Posts: 29,559
Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: New Playstation 3 tag line contest

fap?
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-07, 09:47 PM   #78
Zapablast05
ZapaFAILmaster of Merwang
 
Zapablast05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Carson, CA
Posts: 3,133
Send a message via AIM to Zapablast05
Default Re: New Playstation 3 tag line contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan
PS3: We blew it quicker than Magus with anime
__________________

Xbox Live: Zapablast05 click!|3DMark06: 17,001|
PSN: Zapablast05
Originally Posted by crainger: "Come meet my son Zapablast05"
Originally Posted by crainger: A truck wont get the pussy zapa has become accustomed to.
Originally Posted by CaptNKILL: In fact, I measure years in BC and AC (before Camp0rz and after Camp0rz).
I don't want to get you drunk, but, ah, that's a very fine Chardonnay you're not drinking.
Zapablast05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-07, 01:46 AM   #79
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: New Playstation 3 tag line contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel_us
Zomg! damage control to the rescue. We all know you're the residential 360 fanboy.
we do?

hmm, that's weird cause i mostly regurgitate the **** a lot of ppl say about the PS3.

Quote:
Wasn't it you who had the forum link that explained why Xbox360 is more powerful than PS3? Oh yea we all know how unbiased your opinion is. Why didn't you defend the p2p argument while you were at it?
so let me get this straight... because i posted a link to an article that was true, i am a fanboy? oh ****, better remove a lot of my P&R forum posts for that matter.

and my defense for the p2p argument was that paying for XBL is not only paying for online play. (i assume you mean pay-2-play, as opposed to the other 10 definitions for p2p)

Quote:
I'm sorry if I'm not part of the cool crowd and bashing the PS3 every chance I get. Please explain to me what the problem is with Sony having a FREE online service.

Other than a few features Home isn't going to be similar to XBL.
last time i checked the internet was not high school and there is no "cool" crowd.

i think you totally misunderstood my argument. i didnt say there is a problem with free online service (capitalization of the word free is unnecessary btw). hell i would love for XBL to be free. the point is that PS3 owners use the XBL fee as a reason why the PS3 is better. i disagree with that. i was stating that the amount you pay turns out to be only $4 a month, and that i download new demos all the time and probably use more than that in just bandwidth. also, the numerous updates and content/features makes it kind of hard to not justify the cost.

i agree with you that many of the addons (picture packs and what not) are a ripoff and i refuse to pay for any of those. i have not purchased any XBL points ever, nor do i have plans to.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-07, 01:51 AM   #80
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: New Playstation 3 tag line contest

i do not have a problem with the PS3 or the playstation platform in general. i loved the PS2 as well as the PSX. i had many games for both and was not a fan at all of the original xbox.

what i do have a problem with is sony constantly touting their hardware specs and ppl blindly believing that superior hardware equates to a superior gaming experience. i also have a problem with the 360's that constantly die. i have been lucky enough to not have problems with mine (yet) but it's absolutely ridiculous imo.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-21-07, 01:52 AM   #81
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: New Playstation 3 tag line contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt
Little mad because Microsoft stole the XMB from Sony, ViN86?
.... what?

lol yes, because my life is lived vicariously through consoles
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-07, 06:49 AM   #82
crainger
 
crainger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia
Posts: 29,559
Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: New Playstation 3 tag line contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter Bandit
Congratulations crainger, you just earned a spot on my ignore list for that completely irrelevant post to this thread.

Let this be a lesson to you.
I'm sorry. Not sure what you said because I already had you blocked.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-07, 10:23 AM   #83
Marvel_us
FOOL!
 
Marvel_us's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Miami, Florida
Posts: 3,754
Default Re: New Playstation 3 tag line contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
i do not have a problem with the PS3 or the playstation platform in general. i loved the PS2 as well as the PSX. i had many games for both and was not a fan at all of the original xbox.

what i do have a problem with is sony constantly touting their hardware specs and ppl blindly believing that superior hardware equates to a superior gaming experience. i also have a problem with the 360's that constantly die. i have been lucky enough to not have problems with mine (yet) but it's absolutely ridiculous imo.
Well I said p2p connection, which was reffering to the lack of any dedicated servers for online games.

I haven't read anything about Sony talking PS3 performance lately. I agree that they talked a bunch of garbage before the console came out but it's obvious that they are trying to fix those mistakes, ie shutting up Ken Kutaragi. Their last few press conferences haven't really mentioned much about performance either. They seem to be focusing on games and marketing the system, which is what should have been done from day 1.

If Xbox360 had a FREE online service, 360 fanboys would be talking about it too. PS3 has a FREE online service so those fanboys will bring it up to defend their console.

FREE
__________________
Main Rig
Intel Q6600 QUAD|| Gigabyte P35-DS3L ||XFX 7900GTX|| G.Skill 6GB PC2-6400 || OCZ Agility 60GB SSD || WD 320GB + WD Green 1TB HDD || Samsung 20" LCD || CoolMax 650W PSU ||

60gb PS3 Owner
PSNid: Marvel_us
Marvel_us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-07, 12:49 PM   #84
ViN86
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 15,486
Default Re: New Playstation 3 tag line contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel_us
Well I said p2p connection, which was reffering to the lack of any dedicated servers for online games.

I haven't read anything about Sony talking PS3 performance lately. I agree that they talked a bunch of garbage before the console came out but it's obvious that they are trying to fix those mistakes, ie shutting up Ken Kutaragi. Their last few press conferences haven't really mentioned much about performance either. They seem to be focusing on games and marketing the system, which is what should have been done from day 1.

If Xbox360 had a FREE online service, 360 fanboys would be talking about it too. PS3 has a FREE online service so those fanboys will bring it up to defend their console.

FREE
oh i TOTALLY agree with the problem with p2p connections for servers. i am a PC gamer at heart, so of course i am a fan of dedicated servers. however, this presents problems with scalability as members online varies by time of day. so, it's understandable why they did this the way they did (even though it absolutely sucks at times).

if 360 had a free online service, yes it would be touted. i am just saying that $4/mo is not as PS3 supporters make it out to be. paying for XBL is like spending $4/mo on a magazine that comes with a demo disc.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
John Carmack Foresees Long Life Cycle For PlayStation 4 News Archived News Items 0 06-08-12 05:40 AM
PlayStation 4 Games 'Are in Development', Sony Comments on Console's E3 Absence News Archived News Items 0 06-06-12 07:00 PM
Redhat 8.0 NVIDIA works - INSTRUCTIONS STEEL1 NVIDIA Linux 267 04-15-03 06:48 PM
Thoughts on the command line as an interface. lunix Microsoft Windows XP And Vista 10 09-12-02 08:44 PM

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.