Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-07, 12:08 AM   #1
Nanosuitguy
call me Nano

Send a message via MSN to Nanosuitguy
Default Equipping pistol reveals hidden uber vegetation AA!! WTF?????

Lolololol! Just played crysis a few moments ago and discovered something very rare. When i equipped the pistol i somehow got alot of AA on the palm tree leaves.. WTF? Settings i used was Gaco's 1.01 tweak in 1280x1024 with 4xAA enabled. Sure the 4xAA made the tree trunks, and every other objecs like cars, buildings and stuff smooth, but not the vegetation as we know. However when equipping the pistol it looked like i had working AA on the vegetation. Here is some pics showing it all;

http://hugeup.com/x/12172007/c1scar.jpg - With normal weapon
http://hugeup.com/x/12172007/c1pistol.jpg - With pistol

http://hugeup.com/x/12172007/c3scar.jpg - With normal weapon
http://hugeup.com/x/12172007/c3pistol.jpg - With pistol

http://hugeup.com/x/12172007/c3ak.jpg - With normal weapon
http://hugeup.com/x/12172007/c3pistols.jpg - With pistols

Also uploaded a 5sec 1280x1024 resolution movie showing this in action, download from rapidshare;
http://rapidshare.com/files/77353091...08-53.avi.html

What in the love of god is this all about? i was like wtf i cant trust my eyes...
Someone need to try this to see if its just me, or if its a new hidden AA revealed. :S

Old 12-18-07, 12:12 AM   #2
agentkay

Default Re: Equipping pistol reveals hidden uber vegetation AA!! WTF?????

I think "r_useEdgeAA = 1" might have done this. I've done some tests with this setting the other day it was automatically disabled once "real" AA was enabled. I'm guessing with Gaco's cfg it forces EdgeAA even when you use real AA but causes this strange effect with the weapon switch.

Edit: Nevermind, I couldn't reproduce it no matter what EdgeAA setting I've tried and switching the weapons had no effect either.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
Old 12-18-07, 12:19 AM   #3
m3dude

post a comparison screen with fraps on?

nah agent thats definitely not r_useedgeaa.
Old 12-18-07, 12:26 AM   #4
Nanosuitguy
call me Nano

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dude
post a comparison screen with fraps on?

nah agent thats definitely not r_useedgeaa.
I can confirm this is NOT edgeAA, i know how edgeAA looks and this looks like pure AA... m3, theres no need to take them with fraps on, i just checked again and it does cost about 3 - 5 fps lol... Something is really weird here.

Edit, it works on cryteks island map too. By the way, i am running the demo. Maybe its because of that?

Uploaded a 5 second long 1280x1024 resolution movie showing this in action, only downside is that its nearly 90mb big... But that wouldn't be any problem. Uploaded on rapidshare;

http://rapidshare.com/files/77353091...08-53.avi.html
Old 12-18-07, 12:41 AM   #5
m3dude

5 to 7 fps from what amount? what was ur before and after fps? just post 2 comparison shots with fraps. it looks exactly like supersampling transparency aa btw. im almost sure thats exactly what it is. either that or its a mildly downsized pic. but its 1 of the 2
Old 12-18-07, 02:26 AM   #6
Nanosuitguy
call me Nano

Quote:
5 to 7 fps from what amount? what was ur before and after fps? just post 2 comparison shots with fraps. it looks exactly like supersampling transparency aa btw. im almost sure thats exactly what it is. either that or its a mildly downsized pic. but its 1 of the 2
Nothing is downsized you moron, watch the movie... i had 27 fps without the pistol and 23 fps with it.. I have no supersample settings set in the nvidia control panel...

Btw, these following pics where taken at 1920x1440 and was downsized normally to 1280x960 witch is my current resolution. No editor or e_screenshot 1 trick here;

Pure ingame shots close to those real downsized ones my wallpapers has;

So i think you where wrong after all m3, it IS possible to accive the same look as in my wallpapers, so they are basically ingame. My new invented "pistolAA" as i wanna call it really takes crysis graphics to a new level!

Old 12-18-07, 03:54 AM   #7
m3dude

no, your pistol aa is simply you downsizing the pic or adding ss transparency aa. u can sit here and make retarded posts all u want. anyone with half a brain knows you are full of ****. and downsizing a pic from 1920x1440 to 1280x960 is going to add quite a bit of full on supersample aa. so again not representative of ingame.
Old 12-18-07, 12:58 PM   #8
Nanosuitguy
call me Nano

Quote:
no, your pistol aa is simply you downsizing the pic or adding ss transparency aa. u can sit here and make retarded posts all u want. anyone with half a brain knows you are full of ****. and downsizing a pic from 1920x1440 to 1280x960 is going to add quite a bit of full on supersample aa. so again not representative of ingame.
Haha you little fag, youre so damn stupid.. so very damn stupid. Are you 10 years old or what? WATCH THE DAMN MOVIE! and you will see this is not a lie. When i run the game at 1920x1440 IT AUTOMATICALLY RESIZE THE SCENE TO 1280x960 you fking stupid pice of *****... So when raising the resolution ingame makes everything more detailed and less jaggied , thats one of the most basic things when it comes to gaming and something everyone is supposed to know.. Lol youre so damn stupid kid so i will have to teach you it then;

Resolution: This setting allows you to select the resolution of the game image, measured in pixels wide by pixels high. The higher the resolution, the more detailed the image on screen, and also the less jagged lines there will be, but the lower your performance.

Is that so hard to understand?

Old 12-18-07, 01:29 PM   #9
einstein_314
w00t!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanosuitguy
Haha you little fag, youre so damn stupid.. so very damn stupid. Are you 10 years old or what? WATCH THE DAMN MOVIE! and you will see this is not a lie. When i run the game at 1920x1440 IT AUTOMATICALLY RESIZE THE SCENE TO 1280x960 you fking stupid pice of *****... So when raising the resolution ingame makes everything more detailed and less jaggied , thats one of the most basic things when it comes to gaming and something everyone is supposed to know.. Lol youre so damn stupid kid so i will have to teach you it then;

Resolution: This setting allows you to select the resolution of the game image, measured in pixels wide by pixels high. The higher the resolution, the more detailed the image on screen, and also the less jagged lines there will be, but the lower your performance.

Is that so hard to understand?
You need to chill dude.

EDIT: And what the crap are you talking about. Why does it automatically resize the to 1280x960... from 1920x1440....? Call me an idiot..but I don't understand.
Logitech Z-5300 Speakers || Sennheiser HD555's || Logitech G7 || Logitech G15 || Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Old 12-18-07, 01:35 PM   #10
m3dude

it will automatically resize the the scene to 1280x960? loooool. this kid is completely clueless. this has got to be slinrob or something. i mean does he actually expect people to believe that him simply equipping the pistol somehow activates a magic form of aa that somehow avoids any big performance hit? that theres some bug in the code that only hes seen that somehow allows the g80 to perform nearly free supersample quality aa? that hes figured out something that the people at crytek and nvidia working on this game/g80 drivers for years and years havent?
Old 12-18-07, 01:40 PM   #11
m3dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by einstein_314
You need to chill dude.

EDIT: And what the crap are you talking about. Why does it automatically resize the to 1280x960... from 1920x1440....? Call me an idiot..but I don't understand.
theres nothing to understand, even he doesnt know wtf hes talking about. he doesnt make a bit of sense
Old 12-18-07, 01:40 PM   #12
Nanosuitguy
call me Nano

You two dont understand right?

Resolution

Display resolution, often simply called Resolution, refers to the total amount of visual information on a display screen. In computer graphics, the smallest unit of graphical information is called a Pixel - a small dot with a particular color and brightness. Every computer image on your screen is a pixellated sample of the original 3D information contained in your graphics card, because that is how it winds up being displayed on a monitor. When you change the resolution in a game, you are telling the game to provide more or less pixels, and hence more or less samples of that original information for your system to process and display on screen. In general the higher the resolution, the clearer and better the image will look, but the more effort this will take for your system to draw all this information, resulting in lower FPS.

The resolution setting in a game or in Windows tells you precisely how many pixels are used to display an image. Resolution is typically shown in pixel width x pixel height format. So a game running at '1280x1024' resolution for example means there are 1,280 x 1,024 = 1,310,720 pixels in total on the screen making up the image. This value can also be expressed in Megapixels (millions of pixels), which in this example would be around 1.3 megapixels. The human eye takes all these pixels and at a reasonable distance perceives them as a single smooth image, much like looking at an image in a newspaper from a distance as opposed to close up.

You still dont get it? When playing on a higher resolution eveything gets more detailed and less jaggied. You must have a brain damage or something. How can 1920x1440 fit on my 19 inch screen? It can technically but not practically because my monitor is not big enough, when taking a screenshot in 1920x1440 the res will be the same, but it wont be that big when running on my screen. Resolution changs to 1280x960 for the visual on the monitor it gets downsized, compressed in a way, so you dont think 1920x1440 will look better than 1280x960? Running in 1920x1440 will have the same effect on my screen as taking a 1920x1440 image and downsize it to 1280x960. I.e will look smoother, more detailed and less jaggied then if running directly on 1280x960. Einsten is the only one dumb enough to agree with you. Stop making a damn fool out of yourself...
Closed Thread