Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-19-03, 12:14 PM   #1
Ivan

Unhappy Problems with Twinview and/or DFP Monitor

I've been trying to use a CRT and a LCD monitors in a Twinview configuration, using a Geforce 4 Ti4200, but I can't.
There's always the same error message: "Screens found, but no usable configuration"
As a result, I can't see anything in the LCD monitor. But the worse thing of all is that I even can't use the LCD alone if I use the NVIDIA driver! If I configure it to use only the LCD, I get "No signal input" on the monitor screen.

I'm quite new to Linux, but I remember I could do this with RedHat8 and 41.91 drivers, but now I'm using Redhat9 and 43.49, and I just can't fix it.

I've used YANC to configure XF86, but it still doesn't work.

Can anyone help me find the way, please?
(Attachment is for XFconfig and log files after using configuration from YANC)
Attached Files
File Type: log xfree86.0.log (15.2 KB, 179 views)
Ivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-03, 12:16 PM   #2
Ivan

Default And the XFconfig file...

Attached Files
File Type: txt xf86config.txt (3.4 KB, 156 views)
Old 04-19-03, 12:51 PM   #3
zedro

Send a message via AIM to zedro
Lightbulb Same problem...

Yea, I'm having the same problem... I posted it in a new thread before seeing this, I've found that you can get TwinView to start if you specify the second monitor as a CRT, but that doesn't give you any visuals on the flatpanel display. Check out my post and compare what I said to your situation.
zedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-03, 05:36 AM   #4
Ivan

I've tried with some of the options form you XFconfig file, but no results at all...

If I choose CRT,CRT for ConnectedMonitors, my flatpanel shows "No signal input".

If I choose CRT,DFP, X doesn't start, giving me the same error as always: Unable to read mapping of screens in CRC's, and no usable configuration for the screens and so on...

Can anyone help me find a solution? If nobody knows how to set it up for Twinview, I could live using ONLY the LCD monitor, but I don't even know how to do it. It looks like the nvidia drivers are having some trouble with the LCD monitor.
Old 04-20-03, 05:44 PM   #5
zedro

Default Same problem..

You are getting exactly the same results as I am. I think it just doesn't like flat panel displays. Have you tried to connect another CRT as your second monitor? I think I will do that... I'll post my results upon completion.
Old 04-20-03, 09:41 PM   #6
zedro

Post Experiment!

Well, I tried hooking up two CRT's to my GeForce4 using a Digital to Analog converter for the DVI port... and I got some wierd results.

When I used my TwinView enabled version of XF86Config-4 and I ran startx, the Nvidia logo image showed up off center on my main CRT. It showed up off to the right regardless of what the option TwinViewOrientation said (LeftOf/RightOf).
The second CRT had no picture.

So then I switched back to my old non-TwinView XF86Config-4, with the second CRT still connected, and ran startx. The main monitor went black and my second monitor flickered on and there was the picture!

Here are both my XF86Config-4s:
Attached Files
File Type: zip xfconfigs.zip (2.6 KB, 132 views)