Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-15-07, 03:56 PM   #13
muaddib

Default Re: GOTY a console game?!

The Orange Box can't win the GOTY IMO. It's a 'box', not a game. Three of the games this package offers are old (for the PC. They are indeed new for the consoles, but these ports of pre-2007 games ARE NOT GOTY worthy!). Each NEW game offered in the box should be nominated individually. TF2 for the MP of the year (PC) and Portal for the surprise of the year (all platforms).
muaddib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 04:02 PM   #14
LycosV

Quote:
Originally Posted by muaddib
The Orange Box can't win the GOTY IMO. It's a 'box', not a game. Three of the games this package offers are old (for the PC. They are indeed new for the consoles, but these ports of pre-2007 games ARE NOT GOTY worthy!). Each NEW game offered in the box should be nominated individually. TF2 for the MP of the year (PC) and Portal for the surprise of the year (all platforms).
I agree. I don't think that a compilation should be considered a single game.
LycosV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 04:04 PM   #15
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by muaddib
The thing is though, it's sold as a single game and/or title. You think just because it's a "box" that it won't win any awards like GOTY or Best First Person Shooter? Highly doubt it.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-07, 11:52 PM   #16
MowTin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86
well you really need to be an RPG fan to enjoy mass effect. also, youre giddy and gushing over a video game?

damn, let's hope you never discover women, you might have a heart attack
Actually I tend to dislike RPG's. I'm more of an FPS player. That's what's really cool about this game. It's an RPG that FPS fans can still enjoy.

There was this annoying Krogan charging me. I used throw to push him to the floor then I pulled out my shotgun and shot him on the floor.

I don't think the same can be said of The Witcher.

Also I don't think any game (including The Witcher) has ever made cutscenes transition so seemlessly and yet look so gorgeously cinematic.

I'll try The Witcher after I finish ME.
MowTin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 12:04 AM   #17
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

In the Witcher you can use a Throw Aard and knock someone down then use an awesome finishing move the run them through.

As for the cutscenes? Just wait till you see the intro and outro for The Witcher. The may be pre rendered, but they are some of the best CG work I've ever seen.

Though Mass Effect has amazing facial animations. LEvery conversation is like a pixar movie.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 08:49 AM   #18
Imbroglio
xeroyphyte

My witcher experience in a nutshell. Do an awesome move, knock down one enemy only to have others come and attack you, at which point you try and attack and you turn around backwards and attack nobody, then get killed, terrible combat system.

For those that say mass effect has terrible ai, turn up the difficulty tards. On easy of course they will sit there and not do anything. The game actually has ai that is done pretty well, stronger/armored enemies will charge, weaker enemies will flank, and scoped enemies will take cover. Though overly generalized with that statement, atleast it wasn't, everyone charge and then encircle.

HT: 360 -- Sony60A3000 -- Onkyo SR605 --> Polk cs2, monitor 60s and monitor 40s w/ Bic F12 sub -- PS3
XBL:Mr X3r0 -- PSN:Mr_X3r0

Rig- Asus P6X58D Premium - intel i7 920 @3.6 - EVGA GTX570 - Corsair HX1000 - Prolimatech Mega Shadow - WD640 - COOLER MASTER ATCS 840 - OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 1600*

Imbroglio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 03:04 PM   #19
S.I.N
UnRegistered User

Mass Effect is my GOTY and I'm not even done. Bioshock is close second.
S.I.N is offline   Reply With Quote