Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-16-07, 02:00 PM   #121
Nanosuitguy
call me Nano

Send a message via MSN to Nanosuitguy
Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumstheword
Nobody seems to be playing any games right now. Just arguing over nonsense. I just logged off from Crysis mp to see people battle it out on this threat. oh yeah, and PS3 is TEH SUCKS!#!
Yes PS3 sucks, kinda... but xbox360 sucks even more. I tested halo 3 yesterday and the lack of AA and AF made me crazy lol. Looked terrible. Only good thing with xbox360 and ps3 is the games making. However i hate console exclusive games, its unfair lol
Nanosuitguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 02:01 PM   #122
Nanosuitguy
call me Nano

Send a message via MSN to Nanosuitguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dude
nanosuitguy u might be the dumbest person ive ever seen on a forum, and thats saying a lot. 16xqaa IS MULTISAMPLING AA, ITS IN NO WAY COMPARABLE TO SUPERSAMPLING AA FROM A QUALITY STANDPOINT, PERIOD. ADDING SUPERSAMPLING TRANSPARENCY AA WILL NOT ADD SUPERSAMPLING AA TO ANYTHING BUT ALPHA TEXTURES. IT WILL NOT ADD SUPERSAMPLING TO EVERY SURFACE, TEXTURE, AND SHADER IN THE GAME LIKE DOWNSIZING SHOTS DOES. furthermore, 16xqaa with supersampling transparency aa is 8x transparency aa on alpha textures, u wouldnt be getting anywhere close to 20 fps with tri sli at 720p with that setting
Lol you wanna bet?
Nanosuitguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 02:01 PM   #123
SlickRig
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanosuitguy
Ywees with current GPU's... forgot this pic?

Lower res to 1280x720 and add 16xQAA and Supersample AA and it would atleast run over 20fps (witch would be OK cuz 20fps in crysis feels higher somehow and feels ok to play on if no bigger battles)

Your crazy as hell you know that? there is a huge difference between the settings in this graph and those of 16XQAA with Supersampling

Quote:
and it would atleast run over 20fps (witch would be OK cuz 20fps in crysis feels higher somehow
Oh gawd........here we go with this ridiculous BS again 20fps playable. lmao.

And BTW Crysis would be running in the single digits with the settings you mention but I guess that would still be acceptable for some of you. ROTF.
SlickRig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 02:02 PM   #124
mumstheword

Quote:
Yes PS3 sucks, kinda... but xbox360 sucks even more. I tested halo 3 yesterday and the lack of AA and AF made me crazy lol. Looked terrible. Only good thing with xbox360 and ps3 is the games making. However i hate console exclusive games, its unfair lol
To hell with Halo 3. The only 360 game i want to see on PC though is mass effect.
mumstheword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 02:03 PM   #125
mumstheword

Quote:
nanosuitguy u might be the dumbest person ive ever seen on a forum, and thats saying a lot. 16xqaa IS MULTISAMPLING AA, ITS IN NO WAY COMPARABLE TO SUPERSAMPLING AA FROM A QUALITY STANDPOINT, PERIOD. ADDING SUPERSAMPLING TRANSPARENCY AA WILL NOT ADD SUPERSAMPLING AA TO ANYTHING BUT ALPHA TEXTURES. IT WILL NOT ADD SUPERSAMPLING TO EVERY SURFACE, TEXTURE, AND SHADER IN THE GAME LIKE DOWNSIZING SHOTS DOES. furthermore, 16xqaa with supersampling transparency aa is 8x transparency aa on alpha textures, u wouldnt be getting anywhere close to 20 fps with tri sli at 720p with that setting
mumstheword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 02:05 PM   #126
Xion X2

Quote:
when it comes down to it your complaining because you cant run the game at maxed settings on your water cooled ultra. im sorry that this for some reason hurts your pc ego. the game is very playable on all high settings and still sets the bar far above anything else on the market.
Everyone look out--we have a mind-reader on our hands. Madame M3 suddenly knows everything. *Flips him a quarter*

No, actually, I have no "PC Ego" because I'm parting out my rig as we speak. I just see no need for it anymore when console games look almost as good and run on a 300$ machine instead of 2-grand like I dumped into my computer. I also don't see the need for a killer PC rig when every single good game that comes out for it, with the exception of Witcher, you can get on a console while also enjoying the multitude of exclusive titles that you'll never be able to play on a PC.

And you must not be able to ****ing read, because here I am again having to point out to you that I never claimed I expected to run Crysis on maximum settings, so drop your line of bull****. My only goal was to run it on high settings, but I found the framerate too inconsistent to do that--even with no AA/AF enabled.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 02:06 PM   #127
SlickRig
*BANNED*

Quote:
I tested halo 3 yesterday and the lack of AA and AF made me crazy lol. Looked terrible.

Halo 3 is not as much about the graphics as it is the awesome game play. And BTW I dont think the game looks bad at all myself.

You mention lack of AA and AF but thats always been the 360's weakness. Maybe if you stopped staring at the floor, ground or anything else looking for weaknesses and instead just play the game then maybe just maybe you will have fun.
Old 12-16-07, 02:09 PM   #128
SlickRig
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
Everyone look out--we have a mind-reader on our hands. Madame M3 suddenly knows everything. *Flips him a quarter*

Old 12-16-07, 02:19 PM   #129
MustangSVT
Stop looking at me

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter
Uncharted does run at 1080p, but it's rendered at 720p. Software upscaling.
So why bother saying "it runs at 1080p", when obviously it's not true. That's like saying Halo 3 is 1080p because if you put the Xbox to 1080p, it will in fact upscale it to 1080p and so "run at 1080".

2. Q9550 @ 3.7, ASUS P5K, Galaxy 8800GT G92, 2GB Mushkin DDR2-1066, Samsung 710N + Samsung 205BW, Audigy 2 + SB Live! 5.1 (hooked up together, really), dad's comp

3. XP-M 2500+ @ 205x11.5, Gigabyte nForce2-400, GeForce4 Ti4200, 2x512MB OCZ DDR-400 "Premier", oldie
MustangSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 02:20 PM   #130
Xion X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRig
I wouldn't go that far. Crysis is perfectly playable using the DX9 path with (ini tweaks to enable some very high settings) at 1680X1050 with a few settings at very high(water, textures), a few at high (shaders to be specific) and a couple of settings at medium (shadows and post processing).
You and I differ on what "perfectly playable" is for a FPS, I think. To me, this means a consistent 30+ FPS which I've never gotten on that game at those settings you mention--even w/ the DX9 path and the tweaks. It definitely ran better on the DX9 path, but it still slowed down to 20-25 fps in open areas with allies/enemies on screen.

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 02:33 PM   #131
Jonelo

Quote:
Thank you. 25-30 fps, on average, with occasional drops to 15fps--and that's with shadows even set to medium.
No . The bench is with all in high . Not are my numbers , are of a friend . With shadows in medium the perfomace is better, maybe 20 % or more better

In Crysis you have a big explosions and physic efects , and are very normals the drops in this situations , in the same combat . Is imposible the physic and the high framerate, . Many drops are in those moments in all games .

A other friend use a custom autoexec and play with many settings in very high with this framerate

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y11...12-0315-40.jpg

37 fps is this scene is exceptional , I have 15 - 18 fps in this scene in very high and 720 p
Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 02:38 PM   #132
SlickRig
*BANNED*

Quote:
It definitely ran better on the DX9 path, but it still slowed down to 20-25 fps in open areas with allies/enemies on screen.
Im not getting FPS that low in the wide open areas using the settings I was referring to so I really dont know whats going on with that if we are both running identical settings. That first part of the game when you emerge from the jungle and step out into the wide open area runs in the 32-35fps range for me which is perfectly smooth. I found that to be consistent among some of the later levels with wide open areas as well.

It should be noted to you Vista 64 users to make sure you run the 32bit path, there is a strange bug with the 64bit path and the snow levels.