Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-16-07, 04:11 PM   #145
Jonelo

Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2
Everyone look out--we have a mind-reader on our hands. Madame M3 suddenly knows everything. *Flips him a quarter*

No, actually, I have no "PC Ego" because I'm parting out my rig as we speak. I just see no need for it anymore when console games look almost as good and run on a 300$ machine instead of 2-grand like I dumped into my computer. .
Crysis also can look almost so well in medium like in high , if you do not see differences in the graphs between the versions of console and PC, or you does not consider them to be important What is the problem if you have no "PC Ego" ?

Quote:
I also don't see the need for a killer PC rig when every single good game that comes out for it, with the exception of Witcher, you can get on a console while also enjoying the multitude of exclusive titles that you'll never be able to play on a PC
You not have mouse and keyboard in console - except in U3 ? - big diference for the FPS and other games like the RPGs or estrategy games . Bigger than the diference of the graphics between the PC versions and console . And in PC also you have exclusive games, like Stalker , The Witcher , Crysis , or Far Cry 2 , estrategy games, MORPG , driving simulators and another simulators , aventures etc . You can dream about a port of these games with the name in the box , but it never with his gameplay and his size of the maps .

But well, you have a solution in the PC . The graphic options in medium In my country at least, PC games are much cheaper than in console, whether it is not so also in the USA. You can save to buy the exclusive games for console
Jonelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 04:13 PM   #146
SlickRig
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3dude
a ? implies a question, which means it invites or calls for a reply/explanation/answer
Really......its not the first time you have been guilty of doing it so dont try to play it off with me.

And Jonelo seriously dude? wtf? ROTF.
SlickRig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 04:18 PM   #147
SH0DAN
SGIRealityEngine

Send a message via ICQ to SH0DAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter
I played the demo and the game does look very good but nowhere near Crysis imo.

Agreed.After playing it,the eye candy is excellent but its no Crysis.
When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves, in the course of time, a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it. -Fred Bastiat-

The last official act of a corrupt government is to loot the nation.

When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.
P. J. O'Rourke

------------------
Q6600 g0 @3.20Ghz 1.30 VOLTS||Tr ULTIMA 90I + ||2X1Gb Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC6400 4-3-3-7@ 400 x 8
BFG 260gtx MAXCORE55 @ 690/1420/2377 ||Asus P5K-Deluxe WiFi AP||Corsair HX520||Nec 2470WNX-BK + LG 1751S|
Lian Li PC-65B + II||Western Digital 150GB RaptorX|| Samsung 750Gb HD x3|| WD 2500KS ||Samsung 183s||SB Audigy 2 ZS||Audio Technica ESW9's +red RSA Predator|G11+MX518
SH0DAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 04:32 PM   #148
Nanosuitguy
call me Nano

Send a message via MSN to Nanosuitguy

Quote:
16xqaa with supersampling transparency aa on 2 8800 gtx in sli. all high settings with texture streaming off
How where you able to add supersampling transparency aa in crysis? Forced with nhancer? It doesn't affect the vegetation or does it?

Quote:
quality isnt comparable, the editor shot image quality is way higher. again multisampling can not match supersampling.
The difference is pretty small in those shots. You need glasses or something man...
Nanosuitguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 04:33 PM   #149
Jonelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeus666
Sorry Jonelo maybe i am a tool, but in those screenshots i see MGPU label.

It doesn't mean SLI !?

Thanks
The screens are in my PC with one 8800 gtx and in a friend PC with one 8800 gt .

This is the autoexec .The polygons diminish to the half

http://rapidshare.com/files/71566845/autoexec1.rar

What is MPGU in the display ? I dont know
Old 12-16-07, 04:58 PM   #150
m3dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanosuitguy
How where you able to add supersampling transparency aa in crysis? Forced with nhancer? It doesn't affect the vegetation or does it?

The difference is pretty small in those shots. You need glasses or something man...
actually since im the one able to notice the BIG difference, id say u need glasses. i forced it thru control panel, i dont use nhancer. it works fine as long as u dont overload the framebuffer. at higher resolutions or different maps it can cause crashing or it will just disable aa.
m3dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 05:00 PM   #151
agentkay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonelo

What is MPGU in the display ? I dont know
There is a setting in a config where you can enable the mgpu (multi gpu) rendering path even with a single card but I doubt it increases the framerate with a single card.

Intel I7-920 aircooled by Prolimatech Megahalems @ 3.8Ghz (200x19) | Gigabyte GA-X58-UD3R | OCZ Platinum 3x2GB DDR3-1600 RAM (7-7-7-24) @ 1600 | Gainward GTX 480 | WD Raptor 74GB + 150GB + Samsung 1TB | Soundblaster X-Fi Platinum | Corsair AX850 Gold | Coolermaster Stacker 830 silver | Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 | Logitech G15 keyboard | Logitech G25 Racing Wheel | Sharp LC-46 XL1E (gaming and work)
F CliffyB.
agentkay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 05:01 PM   #152
Xion X2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonelo
Crysis also can look almost so well in medium like in high , if you do not see differences in the graphs between the versions of console and PC, or you does not consider them to be important What is the problem if you have no "PC Ego" ?
I think you're the one with the "PC Ego" if you want to try and convince me there's a large difference in visuals in those Gears of War shots that you just posted. They look nearly identical. I even had to do a double-take to distinguish which ones were from the 360 because you reversed the order of the screenshots.

Keep telling yourself that the 2-grand or whatever the hell it was that you dumped into your PC was worth it. I know that I was able to convince myself of it for a while, but thank god I came to my senses...

i7-2700k @ 5.0 GHz
Nvidia GeForce 570 2.5GB Tri-SLI
Asus P67 WS Revolution (Tri-SLI)
OCZ Vertex SSD x 4 (Raid 5)
G.Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600MHz
PC Power & Cooling 950W PSU
Xion X2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-07, 05:04 PM   #153
m3dude

xion the differences are masked because the pics are both downsized so heavily. in the first 2 comparison shots that arent downsized, the difference is very clear. also aa in gow makes a pretty big difference.
Old 12-16-07, 05:05 PM   #154
Jonelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentkay
There is a setting in a config where you can enable the mgpu (multi gpu) rendering path even with a single card but I doubt it increases the framerate with a single card.
Well, maybe is the autoexec, is a Cuban version with my modifications
Old 12-16-07, 05:07 PM   #155
Nanosuitguy
call me Nano

Send a message via MSN to Nanosuitguy

Quote:
actually since im the one able to notice the BIG difference, id say u need glasses. i forced it thru control panel, i dont use nhancer. it works fine as long as u dont overload the framebuffer. at higher resolutions or different maps it can cause crashing or it will just disable aa.
Wow so you say supersample AA do works on the vegetation in crysis? Well thats a great news for me then... I thought this wasn't possible. Please m3 tell me more.
Nanosuitguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-07, 05:10 PM   #156
m3dude

not sure what u want me to tell you, its unusable anyway as u see the performance even on 2 gtx with just high settings, at very high it would be around 4 or 5 fps, maybe less. even if u lower aa to just 4x, its unusable. the mouse lag with it enabled is tremendous, and it acually feels much slower than the fps being reported. it feels more like 5 fps or so.