Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Crysis

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-17-07, 03:38 PM   #181
SlickRig
*BANNED*

Default Re: Crysis[PC] vs. Uncharted[PS3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanosuitguy
m3.. those screens sucks, and playing crysis at that resolution is a bad idea because it means you have to crank down the settings to make it playable, better stick with 1280x1024, not higher.. its just too demanding with the higher settings. Crysis looks alot better than in those crappy shots thats for sure. What a moron...

Actually you can get away with 1680X1050 just fine with a single 8800GTX using the DX9 path+ini tweaks for some settings at very high and still keep a min FPS of 32 in wide open areas and with gun fights. http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...&postcount=140

This is of course if your system is up to snuff to handle it.
SlickRig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-07, 03:40 PM   #182
SlickRig
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg
flipping noobies
Care to elaborate?
Old 12-17-07, 03:40 PM   #183
mumstheword

Does NVnews have its own dedicated Crysis server? Because I really want to kill a few of you in here. Please leave your usernames so you can be found.
mumstheword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-07, 03:51 PM   #184
SlickRig
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumstheword
Does NVnews have its own dedicated Crysis server? Because I really want to kill a few of you in here. Please leave your usernames so you can be found.

Oh soooo threatning! your gonna give me an online virtual beat down! ROTF.
Old 12-17-07, 05:07 PM   #185
Nanosuitguy
call me Nano

Send a message via MSN to Nanosuitguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRig
Actually you can get away with 1680X1050 just fine with a single 8800GTX using the DX9 path+ini tweaks for some settings at very high and still keep a min FPS of 32 in wide open areas and with gun fights. http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...&postcount=140

This is of course if your system is up to snuff to handle it.
Dude i got a 8800gtx.. and i run on Vista dx10. So i aint get so good performance on higher resolutions...

Anyway m3, those shots sucked horseballz, Heres some random goodies from crysis (and they aint downsized mofo)

Uncharted aint got nuthin on crysis graphically...
Nanosuitguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-07, 05:21 PM   #186
SlickRig
*BANNED*

Quote:
Dude i got a 8800gtx.. and i run on Vista dx10.
Well im glad you have an 8800GTX and Vista DX10

Guess what? so do I..... but as I stated earlier you need to run Crysis with the DX9 path in Vista and use the ini tweaks to get some DX10 effects. You will find that the game runs much better this way and doesnt look any different.

The bonus is that you can run Crysis at your monitors native res with playable frame rates which in the end will result in a much better picture than having to downscale your res.

You do realize that you can run DX9 in Vista? at least I hope you do. lol.
Old 12-17-07, 05:29 PM   #187
SlickRig
*BANNED*

Here dude, try this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRig
1680X1050 using DX9 path under Vista. No AA or AF.

Textures-Very high
Object Detail-High
Physics-High
Shaders-High
Shadows-Med
Particle Effects-High
Sound-Very High
Water-Very High
Volumetric-High
Post Processing-Med
Game Effects-High.

This was as low as I could actually get it to drop in the open area, no matter what I did or look at it didnt dip under 33fps at anytime.

This is perfectly fine for me as this area hits the FPS about as hard as any area or part of the game I have come across, the majority of the time my FPS are a bit higher than this. Only fire fights and wide open areas drag me to the low 30's.

For the most part im in the high-mid to low 40's when just walking around and with lows around 32fps in firefights and open areas. This is perfectly playable by my standards so im quite happy with it.
Old 12-17-07, 05:48 PM   #188
ralinn
Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralinn
What's this, no one posting screenshots of Crysis at ridiculous resolutions (at 20FPS) pointing out every single flaw of Uncharted screens?

I'm ****ing shocked.
Clearly I spoke too soon. Enough of all the irrelevant screens, we all know how realistic Crysis is capable of looking, we've all known it from the beginning. Try and read the ****ing thread before posting.

Quote:
Uncharted aint got nuthin on crysis graphically...
Define 'Graphically'. If you're on about how realistic it looks compared to Uncharted then fair enough. But that isn't what this thread is about. Uncharted had a predefined art style and meets it superbly. Comparing them 'graphically' is like comparing a Mars bar to a Glacier mint.

3Dmark06 Score: Who the **** actually cares?
360 & PSN ID: ralinn
ralinn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-07, 06:38 PM   #189
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

now again, I think uncharted has a very cheesy looking art style. Its like far cry meets Indiana Jones.

M3dude, btw, the 3rd pic you posted..at the top of this page.. if you cut the bottom part out, that could EASILY be mistaken for a photograph. And I think slick sucks it, those were some great pics. ^^
Old 12-17-07, 06:40 PM   #190
Nanosuitguy
call me Nano

Send a message via MSN to Nanosuitguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralinn
Define 'Graphically'. If you're on about how realistic it looks compared to Uncharted then fair enough. But that isn't what this thread is about. Uncharted had a predefined art style and meets it superbly. Comparing them 'graphically' is like comparing a Mars bar to a Glacier mint.
Graphically = better graphics... i.e better textures, better shadows, better lighting, better water, better effects, better models, better animations, etc etc and on top of that, better physis. More realistic graphics @ better graphics.. Just watch my damn pics man. Uncharted got nuthin on crysis... graphically

Slic tell me how to use the dx9 path thingy... i really need to get some better performance, i dont like running in 1024x768 lol. And post processing on medium? Wtf?
Nanosuitguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-07, 06:41 PM   #191
SlickRig
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd
M3dude, btw, the 3rd pic you posted..at the top of this page.. if you cut the bottom part out, that could EASILY be mistaken for a photograph. And I think slick sucks it, those were some great pics. ^^

Yes puppet whatever you say

M3dudes pics on this page look like utter and complete trash compared to pretty much every other screen shot I have ever seen of Crysis.

His mountain shots in particular look like utter and complete ass, I dont even know how you can be serious. LMAO.

Old 12-17-07, 06:48 PM   #192
SlickRig
*BANNED*

Quote:
Graphically = better graphics... i.e better textures, better shadows, better lighting, better water, better effects, better models, better animations, etc etc and on top of that, better physis. More realistic graphics @ better graphics.. Just watch my damn pics man. Uncharted got nuthin on crysis... graphically

Slic tell me how to use the dx9 path thingy... i really need to get some better performance, i dont like running in 1024x768 lol. And post processing on medium? Wtf?
Just add -dx9 to the end of your crysis shortcuts executable.

This is how the entire shortcut should read-

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\Crytek\Crysis\Bin32\Crysis.exe" -dx9

You can run post processing on high if you wish to do so but at the cost of 2-3 frames per second. Still though that should keep you above 30fps the majority of the time.